#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So many people thought Philly was going to be a good team this year. I think they're our big competition for a 31st finish for the Sens. LA has Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick. If they don't sell this deadline I think that core can surpass Ottawa once Dorion sells off some/all of their big fish.
Dorian trading their top UFAs is inevitable. I'll be shocked if they sign

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Then maybe Sakic should have made some moves in the summer instead of sitting on his hands
Well I'm going to assume that grabbing a 2nd starting goalie, was done to help the team. That's been the biggest weak point during this slump.

I've said this a million times, but our picks and prospects are going to be huge for us, and we just need to be patient.

This roster is good enough to be a playoff team. It's not good enough to contend, and wasn't built to be.

I doubt Sakic foresaw Jost failing completely, and our secondary scoring being such a huge issue.

With a top line like ours, it's reasonable to assume that they will draw the top line/defence in every game, opening up space for secondary scoring. It hasn't been great.

Soderberg isn't being used wisely, and half our defence look like idiots in any given game.

It's a process, but it's heading in the right direction, and how fast we get to contention, will be determined by our picks and prospects.

Grabbing a legit 2nd line player would be great, if he can pull it off without trading or overpaying too much.

Reactions: Hasbro and shadow1

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Well I'm going to assume that grabbing a 2nd starting goalie, was done to help the team. That's been the biggest weak point during this slump.

I've said this a million times, but our picks and prospects are going to be huge for us, and we just need to be patient.

This roster is good enough to be a playoff team. It's not good enough to contend, and wasn't built to be.

I doubt Sakic foresaw Jost failing completely, and our secondary scoring being such a huge issue.

With a top line like ours, it's reasonable to assume that they will draw the top line/defence in every game, opening up space for secondary scoring. It hasn't been great.

Soderberg isn't being used wisely, and half our defence look like idiots in any given game.

It's a process, but it's heading in the right direction, and how fast we get to contention, will be determined by our picks and prospects.

Grabbing a legit 2nd line player would be great, if he can pull it off without trading or overpaying too much.
I think quite a few saw the secondary scoring being a major issue a mile away. Other than that I agree with everything. We are set up to become one of the best teams in the league as long as our top picks wont bust.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
2 lottery picks is exceptionally positive :naughty:

Avs need to move into top 10 position for a realistic chance at a lottery win. I'm down for that, this draft is top heavy. Can you imagine both top picks??

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think quite a few saw the secondary scoring being a major issue a mile away. Other than that I agree with everything. We are set up to become one of the best teams in the league as long as our top picks wont bust.
Yah the secondary scoring issue is a bit strange. Sakic must have assumed that the young guys would keep developing and contributing more. That is not what happened lol

Reactions: Tommy G

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yah the secondary scoring issue is a bit strange. Sakic must have assumed that the young guys would keep developing and contributing more. That is not what happened lol
I think the idea all along was to evaluate the team. That is why I don’t see a move now. I see moves being made in the offseason: trade, UFA and draft.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I think the idea all along was to evaluate the team. That is why I don’t see a move now. I see moves being made in the offseason: trade, UFA and draft.
I didn't think any moves would happen, but with the team in a freefall, something is going to happen.

At the end of the day, everything rests on Sakic. He has to awnser to the owner, and I'm sure the owner is wondering why his product has turned into garbage.

Garbage might be too strong of a word, but you get the point.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I didn't think any moves would happen, but with the team in a freefall, something is going to happen.

At the end of the day, everything rests on Sakic. He has to awnser to the owner, and I'm sure the owner is wondering why his product has turned into garbage.

Garbage might be too strong of a word, but you get the point.
I don’t see a move personally. Maybe Francouz gets a shot, Greer recalled to be evaluated. And if Bednard sees the light, a 2nd line of Kerfoot-Soda-Compher. That’s about it. Hopefully the return of Z helps.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I don’t see a move personally. Maybe Francouz gets a shot, Greer recalled to be evaluated. And if Bednard sees the light, a 2nd line of Kerfoot-Soda-Compher. That’s about it. Hopefully the return of Z helps.
Yah I dunno. Maybe add a middle 6 forward, but that's about it. Who knows

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Normally you should be right, but somehow I actually think a trade may be more likely than those first three things.

Reactions: klozge

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The huge slump has me worried about a trade. I hope sakic does well.

It was kind of a joke because those are the three things Bednar refuses to do that we've all been asking for. Of course a lot of people have been asking for a trade too.

So we're playing who pulls their head out of their ass first I guess between Sakic and Bednar.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It was kind of a joke because those are the three things Bednar refuses to do that we've all been asking for. Of course a lot of people have been asking for a trade too.

So we're playing who pulls their head out of their ass first I guess between Sakic and Bednar.
Bednar has the most responsibility for the way the Avs are playing, but at this point, Sakic is probably going to step in and make some changes.

You have to assume the coaching staff and Sakic are working hard on this.

It would be nice to get rid of one of our tiny forwards who don't put up points. Grab a solid middle 6 guy.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

Even a blind dog knew we were going to have issues with depth scoring. Sakic is not clueless. This was another re-building season. Next season we are going for it. It's time.

Reactions: 5280 and Goulet17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad