#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd take both Stone and Pageau in a heart beat for this team.

Pageau would be a freaking amazing 3C and as someone else said he can step up and be a 2C in a pinch as well if needed. He's essentially a younger, cheaper, stronger defensively version of Carl Soderberg.

Last night actually went pretty fantastic for the Sens tank. Chicago battled back to beat the Pens on the road, and Edmonton shut out the Ducks. Sens are now 4 points back of 27th in the league and with more games played then almost everyone in the bottom of the standings.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Checked their schedule, and the only sure-fire playoff team they play this month are the Sharks. Out of their 7 games, 4 are against teams that are directly in contention for high picks, of the other three, one is against Carolina (not all that good themselves), us (hot-cold) and the Sharks. If they can't win these games, they can't win period.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Checked their schedule, and the only sure-fire playoff team they play this month are the Sharks. Out of their 7 games, 4 are against teams that are directly in contention for high picks, of the other three, one is against Carolina (not all that good themselves), us (hot-cold) and the Sharks. If they can't win these games, they can't win period.

Agree... this month will be the most telling for where the Sens will land. February isn't overly difficult, but I can't see them going better than .500 that month. 3 back to backs with at least one of the teams being good. Plus Winnipeg twice and the Caps and Calgary too. If the Sens could do well with the remaining January games, then ~.400-.450 in Feb... I could set a 24-27 finish ( don't see them any higher than that)... if they don't finish January within ~5 points of 28, I think bottom 3 is almost assured.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They gonna play in Anaheim who are desperate for points as they're still very much in playoff picture, then playing in LA and Kings have been playing good lately. I like the chances of Sens picking up couple of more losses there

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
- A pissed off Anaheim team who just got Fowler back
- LA on the second night of a back-to-back
- A SJ team who finally found themselves and probably didn't like losing to Ottawa a while back
- Us (who I'm betting are gonna be hella pissed after getting our asses handed to us by WPG and CGY)
- Carolina, despite that last minute in the 2nd period handled OTT pretty easily in their own barn
- Blues on the second night of a back-to-back
- Arizona (who knows what Arizona team will show up)

and most importantly 5 of those 7 are on the road where they've been complete shit. Yeah Ottawa isn't going to lose every game, but while Anderson and Chabot are still out I'm not liking their chances over the next couple of weeks. Ottawa vs LA and St Louis are going to be big games for us, three teams competeing for that bottom spot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I said at the start of the season that I expect them to finish bottom-3 and personal prediction was 31st in the league. Looking more and more likely with each passing day.

Reactions: Murzu

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I don't see the Sens coming out of this mess, if they go into the All-star break losing 9 out of their last 10 or worse (possible at this rate) then it's absolutely done. Add in the potential trade deadline drama and the goaltending issues and it's a top 4 pick in my opinion.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can we stop picking at the bones of this Ottawa team lol pageau is good, but there's a reason they are in last place.
Yeah...Pageau getting injured on day one is one of them.

He's their go-to guy for rough situations..either to score a big goal or when they need to defend a lead with one minute left...he's the guy they send out there. He's kind of a (much) less talented version of Patrice Bergeron.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Good Lord, if he becomes THAT I'll be thrilled. I'd be thrilled if he ended up being a poor-man's Brendan Gallagher.
I mean, Gallagher is a 40-50 point 2nd line forward that brings a ton of energy on a nightly basis.

I think Compher brings that energy, now it's a matter of producing at the rate of a legitimate, consistent 2nd line forward.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think they're much different players. To me, JTC will hopefully become a much more skilled Brendan Gallagher.
Much more skilled? Gallagher is JTC's ceiling IMO. Unless you think Compher can score 40-50 goals and be a top 1st liner.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Much more skilled? Gallagher is JTC's ceiling IMO. Unless you think Compher can score 40-50 goals and be a top 1st liner.

If he’s a much more skilled Gally he’ll be a 70 point top liner. People really underestimate that psychotic little engine that could. Love him to bits.

You guys are misinterpreting what I meant. Compher to me is already more skilled. Doesn't mean higher point producer, but I think his puck handling, passing, and skating are better than Gallagher's. Hence, more skilled version.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
You guys are misinterpreting what I meant. Compher to me is already more skilled. Doesn't mean higher point producer, but I think his puck handling, passing, and skating are better than Gallagher's. Hence, more skilled version.

Yeah Gallagher's strength is his nose for the net and getting the puck somehow behind the goalie. He's a top garbage man. Compher is a different kind of player...but I can see what you mean. I really wish JTC develops Gally's never-say-die attitude.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
7 through 9 in TOI/game are Jost Calvert and Nieto. They have a combined 16 goals. Yes there have been some injuries. But this team does not have too many 2nd/3rd line tweeners. A capable third line guy to push Calvert or Nieto down would really help with the depth.

Or allow Soda to play a more offensive role and beef up the second line.

Avs shouldn't be turning their noses up at solid players if the price is reasonable.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Eakin's definitely more ginger-y than JTC. Dude's locks give even Lauren's shimmering crimson mane a run for its money.
yhnhkCB.gif

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't know Pageau had that many big fans. I think he's a good 3C but not someone you want as your permanent 2C. A bit of a tweener IMO and the Avs have a few of those who they're currently trying to develop. He'd help and I'd certainly take him if he was relatively cheap but I'd still prefer the Avs throw their assets and money at a different player on the Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad