#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah f*** off Kings. Were leading 1-0 in the 2nd and managed to lose 4-1 to Ottawa? How the f*** did we lose to these bums.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
giphy.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Kings are so bad right now, and if things stay this way they could easily be the worst team in the league. But lets see how much clearing out Dorion does in the next eight weeks. That Sens team without Stone, Duchene, and Anderson could easily be worse than LA.

Just hope the Sens finish bottom three then "Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to toss the dice)"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

COLORADO - The Avalanche will win the 2019 Draft Lottery, adding insult to injury in a disastrous Senators season.

Confidence level: Lookin’ gooooood

Editor’s note: The Sens topped the Kings in a steel-caged death match for 31st place on Thursday night. Still, the Sens have a 13 per cent shot – highest in the league – of handing the Avs the No. 1 pick, according to Micah Blake McCurdy of HockeyViz.com.

OTTAWA - Matt Duchene will be traded before the Feb. 25 deadline.

Confidence level: Give it a few weeks

Editor’s note: Talks have seemingly cooled between Duchene and the Sens. The belief is no terms have been exchanged in negotiations and GM Pierre Dorion is running out of time. A big return on Duchene is necessary to save face.

Reactions: Iracundia

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

At this point it’s just suspicious. Dorion working on some weird ex-Avs voodoo

Also:

overallPick-1-2019-01-11.png

I'm a little surprised LA is so low on this chart

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

At this point it’s just suspicious. Dorion working on some weird ex-Avs voodoo

Also:

overallPick-1-2019-01-11.png

I'm a little surprised LA is so low on this chart

They are underperforming big time. Not saying they are a playoff team, but not 31st, either

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The Sens may be able to pick up points against the Sharks tonight in San Jose. Without Chabot, their defense looks abysmal, but they have actually improved dramatically in shot suppression (at least anecdotally) since he went down. Their coaching appears strong.

If the Sens are able to obtain that kind of play from their defense without Chabot, it really does have me questioning the coaching in Colorado.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Sens may be able to pick up points against the Sharks tonight in San Jose. Without Chabot, their defense looks abysmal, but they have actually improved dramatically in shot suppression (at least anecdotally) since he went down. Their coaching appears strong.

If the Sens are able to obtain that kind of play from their defense without Chabot, it really does have me questioning the coaching in Colorado.
The Sens play hard. They are playing like a team that does NOT want to give the Avs the first overall pick. You have to kinda admire them. I havent seen any quit in that team all season and I watch as many of their games as possible and yes it does make me question our team at times when I see how hard the Sens work.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The Sens are gonna beat the Sharks to complete the double-decker nut punch tonight, aren't they?
No. They are not. Kings might beat Pitts (probably not) and NJ won today. Not a bad day, minus the fact that our team is in shambles and no one has any answers.

Reactions: The Merchant

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Kings up 4-1 SJ up 3-1. Hang in there babies!

Kopitar's SHG was friggin' niiiiiiice. What'd I'd give for that guy to be centering our second line.

Reactions: The Merchant

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Better than persistently bad! *Looks a Philly*
Yah Philly is driving me nuts. They are better than a bottom 5 team. Detroit won today aswell. Every game finished positive for us, except our own. Lol

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yah Philly is driving me nuts. They are better than a bottom 5 team. Detroit won today aswell. Every game finished positive for us, except our own. Lol

So many people thought Philly was going to be a good team this year. I think they're our big competition for a 31st finish for the Sens. LA has Doughty, Kopitar, and Quick. If they don't sell this deadline I think that core can surpass Ottawa once Dorion sells off some/all of their big fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad