#Senswatch Episode V: Eugene Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
With as well as Tkachuk’s performed, I’d say 4ish. Anyway outside the top 2 the pick feels like at worst break even versus the #4 last year.
I wouldn't put Tkachuk in the top 5-6. This year's draft is a lot better for forwards, and Tkachuk was taken higher than he was rated if I remember correctly

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Actually they have outplayed the Wild and the Canes in their last two games. Anderson's injury is a true blessing.

I think both their last two games have been closely played. They started off really well against the Wild before having that awful 2nd period and then the 3rd was tightly fought again. Today's game was just weird. Both squads were super sloppy but that 3rd period from the Sens was pitiful especially the last 5 minutes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've been calling them a bottom five lock since the start but this is now going even better than I thought. Of course them finishing 31st was a real possibility but you don't expect it to go perfectly. Well, half way through the season, it's going perfectly for the Avs. The Sens are dead last and they haven't even started selling yet.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Actually they have outplayed the Wild and the Canes in their last two games. Anderson's injury is a true blessing.
We don't need them to lose every game. We just need them to be in such a bad position, that they sell off everyone who's worth picks/prospects, and the rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We don't need them to lose every game. We just need them to be in such a bad position, that they sell off everyone who's worth picks/prospects, and the rest will take care of itself.

I'd rather see them demolished and demoralized like the 2016-17 AVS. That's not the case (yet). They still fight.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
St Louis and Philly have many games in hand in this race to the bottom and are one point up. Chicago and LA are two points up. It should continue to get worse without Anderson.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd rather see them demolished and demoralized like the 2016-17 AVS. That's not the case (yet). They still fight.

I'll say. The Avs as a whole gave up in December. The Kings are more or less in "next year" mode. The Sens are still trying like hell.

And to hell with Stone (not really, but I think he'll be too expensive via trade), I want Jean-Gabriel Pageau. What a tremendous player.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'll say. The Avs as a whole gave up in December. The Kings are more or less in "next year" mode. The Sens are still trying like hell.

And to hell with Stone (not really, but I think he'll be too expensive via trade), I want Jean-Gabriel Pageau. What a tremendous player.

Yeah, he has super high hockey IQ.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

What...?

What exactly are we paying for That guy with that long ass name? What are we tagging him at for an extension? f*** if we need more mid level roster players.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What...?

What exactly are we paying for That guy with that long ass name? What are we tagging him at for an extension? **** if we need more mid level roster players.

Pageau is a swiss army knife, he can do everything. He's not the most talented guy but his hockey IQ is very high and he always seems to make the right play. He's the kind of super important guy that you can count on and will help a team winning a cup.

I don't think Ottawa would let him go but I sure wouldn't mind seeing him with the AVS. I don't want more smaller bottom 9 players on our team but would 100% make an exception for him!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pageau is a swiss army knife, he can do everything. He's not the most talented guy but his hockey IQ is very high and he always seems to make the right play. He's the kind of super important guy that you can count on and will help a team winning a cup.

I don't think Ottawa would let him go but I sure wouldn't mind seeing him with the AVS. I don't want more smaller bottom 9 players on our team but would 100% make an exception for him!

Sure, find a taker for Matt Calvert for the mid round pick we're going get for Kerfoot. Is this going to be the new Silver surfer to the Avs that we need? Some f***ing upgrade on Collin Wilson that we need for 4 to 5M?

I'm sorry but we can only afford one 5M guy on the 3rd line and hes already in place. We still have to pay Compher this off-season. I don't want anything to do with 2nd/3rd line tweeners of any kind. Compher is our token guy for the foreseeable future. Let alone the cost to acquire.

If we bring in any player in any capacity he better be a clear cut #2 line player or better looking to make 6+ million. Otherwise wtf is the point.

Bowers and Kaut are going to be plug and play 2nd/3rd line tweeners their first year, and they'll be on ELCs. That is at least their projection within reason.

Last edited:

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
You get JPG and you have an elite #3 center who can play #2 in a pinch for the next 5-6 years. He is exactly what this team needs.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Ottawa needs someone well versed in disaster management 101, instead, they have someone who is an expert in disastrous management 101 and his boss is real-life incarnation of Scrouge McDuck.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You get JPG and you have an elite #3 center who can play #2 in a pinch for the next 5-6 years. He is exactly what this team needs.
Can we stop picking at the bones of this Ottawa team lol pageau is good, but there's a reason they are in last place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad