OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Selling my PS4 and all games.

I get someone who wants to pay me the asking price + 150 for me to ship overseas to their child who is overseas.

Anything I should be weary about? I can't believe I'm saying this, having been wheeling and dealing on the Web since 2003, but I'm a bit worried about scams.

Did you consider EBay?
Play Station 4 | eBay

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
do you use pay pal?

That is what the guy asked. I hadn't used paypal in about ten years so I had to get the account info.

Replied to the potential buyer that i could go ahead and all I get is a message "BitBounce autoreply".

A bit of research indicates that BitBounce is some kind of crypto that generates money by receiving emails...? Sounds like a complete scambot haha

EDIT: after doing some research, it does seem like a classic scam job. Someone asks you to send the item to a fake address and pays you via paypal. The item can't be delivered, the buyer contacts the delivery service giving a new address and then files a ticket against you for not delivering the item: you lose the item and the money.
The guy wanted the PS4 shipped to Africa, a NA PS4 would fry if you plug one there; the guy said he wasn't aware of the voltage difference and still just said "I'll send you the money". Get ****ed ***hole!

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Just bought a Yamaha DGX660 and am stoked to have a proper keyboard. My band will be very happy! Seriously considered a Korg SV1 but a lot of coin for a geezer band!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Tears Are Not Enough.

Listening to "Do They Know it's Christmas " and "We are the World" this season, in has the kids listen to our version. They laughed at the quality of it I guess, it is 1985, but they liked it better than the USA song.

My teenage daughter said: "what if they redid it like the US version and British?

What a list of singers there would be...wonder why it hasn't been done yet?
You have to start with the classic guys for a remake. Gordon Lightfoot starts
Sean Mendes over Burton Cummings
Shania Twain over Anne Murray
Celine Dion over Joanie Mitchell
Burton Cummings over Dan Hill
Neil Young same spot
Bryan Adams same spot
Alessia Cara and Wknd guy over Loverboy/gospel singer

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That being said, if they offer to send you the money first (and you have it in hand), then go for it.

No, don't.

If they offer this, it's only more proof that it's a scam.

They'll offer either to pay via money order (which will be forged), or cresit card transfer (which will be from a cloned card and withdrawn, or a stolen card and be charged back).

Either way, you'll be left with nothing.

Do not, EVER, accept an offer from anyone asking to ship the item, or anyone that offers more than asking price.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Some dolled up celebrity decked out in jewels in the middle of Times Square singing "imagine no possessions" on CNN.

Maybe there shouldn't be a 2020.

Reactions: 18Hossa and DrEasy

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
No, don't.

If they offer this, it's only more proof that it's a scam.

They'll offer either to pay via money order (which will be forged), or cresit card transfer (which will be from a cloned card and withdrawn, or a stolen card and be charged back).

Either way, you'll be left with nothing.

Do not, EVER, accept an offer from anyone asking to ship the item, or anyone that offers more than asking price.

Yeah that's why I said money in hand, as in you physically have the money.

That being said, you're right. It's probably just easier to ignore it all together as it is almost guaranteed to be a scam.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
For the record, that NHL doppelganger thread was probably the HFSens thread that has made me laugh the most in the last few years, those last comparisons were amazing.

I'm a bit sad it got locked so soon.

Reactions: 18Hossa

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My parents are growing apart in their old age and seem to always be fighting.

I am so unbelievably depressed about this... This is so strange...

Mine divorced after I went to college. Empty nest syndrome. When I looked back at it afterwards man they were such different people I’m surprised they lasted that long. It seems like it was for the best.

I mean it’s gonna suck for awhile but if they’re both happier a part then that’s what they need to do. Life is short. Assuming they want to divorce?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Mine divorced after I went to college. Empty nest syndrome. When I looked back at it afterwards man they were such different people I’m surprised they lasted that long. It seems like it was for the best.

I mean it’s gonna suck for awhile but if they’re both happier a part then that’s what they need to do. Life is short. Assuming they want to divorce?

Maybe. I know my mom has talked to me about it but she was a stay at home mom, she feels she couldn't make it on her own at her age (she's 65).

It's so damn frustrating to see them argue so violently about silly stuff... It just feels like they should have never been together.

I mean, damn, it just feels like this is the kind of stuff that happens much earlier on. I'm going to be 35 in a few weeks and here I am going through teenage angst about my parents' relationship...

Thanks for the reply "Pete" ;) It is nice to be able to write out this stuff!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Except for pretty much everything Senators-related, 2018 was one hell of a fantastic year. Hopefully 2019 keeps it up but with Eugene going away ASAP to make it even better!

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Maybe. I know my mom has talked to me about it but she was a stay at home mom, she feels she couldn't make it on her own at her age (she's 65).

It's so damn frustrating to see them argue so violently about silly stuff... It just feels like they should have never been together.

I mean, damn, it just feels like this is the kind of stuff that happens much earlier on. I'm going to be 35 in a few weeks and here I am going through teenage angst about my parents' relationship...

If you ever need to write stuff out feel free to do so here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Is it possible there might be something medical at play here? Early stage dementia often manifests with paranoia, confusion and irritability. That often leads to a lot of arguments, especially before a person is diagnosed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Is it possible there might be something medical at play here? Early stage dementia often manifests with paranoia, confusion and irritability. That often leads to a lot of arguments, especially before a person is diagnosed.

Seems unlikely. The arguments are legitimate: my dad is impossible to get along with while being extremely rigorous and my mom is a bit of a space cadet and is very agreeable. They are oil and water and I think neither has the patience for the other anymore.

It's just that both are at wit's end and I don't know how to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad