OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
On another note, "My Brilliant Friend " is also a subtitled show on HBO. It is Italian, so i understand it..,but even without it is captivating.

Just started watching this, it really is! I don't speak Italian but even so am I wrong that the Neapolitan accents are really strong?

Reactions: coladin

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Mine divorced after I went to college. Empty nest syndrome. When I looked back at it afterwards man they were such different people I’m surprised they lasted that long. It seems like it was for the best.

I mean it’s gonna suck for awhile but if they’re both happier a part then that’s what they need to do. Life is short. Assuming they want to divorce?

My grandparents separated after retirement. I don't think they officially divorced, just lived in separate homes (and cities).

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It is mind boggling how stupid flat earthers are.

I'm convinved that at least half of them know better, but are just arses who like to be contrarian because it amuses them to get a rise out of people.

There's no possible way that there are that many people who legit believe stuff like that. It's mostly a population of mentally unwell people, mixed with that very particular group (and you know the type I'm talking about here) who get a rise out of watching the world burn.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Is social media the worst thing to happen to humanity since WWII?

I'd argue that there is a case for yes.

People are just inherently lazy and unmotivated. You combine that with a society that is becoming more technologically advanced and as a result, less secular, and you have a recipe for mass idiocy (which leads to tyranny).

There's an earlier episode of 'Comedians in cars getting coffee' where Michael Richards appears. They talk the human condition and Jerry eloquently muses that humans have evolved to essentially kill time. Hilarious.

I don't think social media, the internet or television is bad per say - but there is no way to equally regulate the former and as a result you end up with what we have today.

We currently live in a affirmation bias society, where every opinion can be reinforced at the touch of your fingertip, regardless of its actual merits.

F'd up.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
upload_2019-1-7_21-48-46.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad