OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I wish they would publish the complainers name. If your complaint forces someone to do something, they should be able to respond to that complaint and the complainer should be forced to defend it.
Apparently the woman who complained is 92. She wins.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Selfie reporting by reporters who work for reputable news organizations is a thing now?

**** the future
Absolutely. It lends more context to the story and gives people more options as to how they want to consume news. Journalists are being taught – rightfully – that reporting doesn't begin and end with just an article. If a story can have context added through video and there was no videographer sent to the scene, it's better to take cell phone video and briefly give a rundown for people who want to watch a video instead of read about it.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Absolutely. It lends more context to the story and gives people more options as to how they want to consume news. Journalists are being taught – rightfully – that reporting doesn't begin and end with just an article. If a story can have context added through video and there was no videographer sent to the scene, it's better to take cell phone video and briefly give a rundown for people who want to watch a video instead of read about it.

True and I get it, I just really don't like it for the vainest of reasons :laugh:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I just found out that Netflix is removing Bob's Burgers from its catalogue on the 31st. This is thoroughly depressing.

This is the worst news of the day. Thanks for the heads up, I can give it another quick run through before then.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Anyone ever tried any of the hockey manager PC games?

I was in a EHM (Eastside Hockey Manager) sim league for over a decade. Met some cool people across the country.

The amount of time and energy I put into that league I could of easily become a doctor - twice. No regrets.

They’re awesome. A fun way to compete with friends and rest your mental acumen. It’s essentially a bunch of spear sheets and a algorithm but bragging rights are on the line.

Reactions: BigRig4

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Anyone ever tried any of the hockey manager PC games?
I’m a big fan of Eastside Hockey Manager. I’ve definitely put a few thousand hours into those games. Franchise Hockey Manager is alright too and is officially licensed so you don’t have to worry about mods or anything if you don’t want to.
Each has their own threads in the General Fantasy Talk forum if you wanted to know more.

Reactions: BigRig4

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Late to the party but man was it lame. Passengers is one of the worst movies I’ve seen

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Late to the party but man was it lame. Passengers is one of the worst movies I’ve seen

That movie was a total let down. It had a great premise, but I think they messed it up in the editing.

*SPOILERS*

If they had started the movie with Jennifer Lawrence waking up, saving the reveal that Chris Pratt woke her up until near the end of the second act . . . it could have been more of a weird a thriller. Show all the other stuff from the first act before he woke her in flash back form or something.

I think the ending would have been much more satisfying if Chris Pratt died saving the ship, and Jennifer Lawrence goes crazy from solitude and decides to wake up another passenger herself in the final shot.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Personally i really enjoyed Passengers as a throw away movie, fascinating concept imo.

Any Darren Brown fans in here? For me the guy makes easily some of the most fascinating content going right now if your into the power of the mind, he has a few specials on Netflix (the Push, Sacrifice and i think Hero at 30,000 feet is on as well) and others you can find on YouTube (Apocalypse)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Personally i really enjoyed Passengers as a throw away movie, fascinating concept imo.

Any Darren Brown fans in here? For me the guy makes easily some of the most fascinating content going right now if your into the power of the mind, he has a few specials on Netflix (the Push, Sacrifice and i think Hero at 30,000 feet is on as well) and others you can find on YouTube (Apocalypse)

I liked it too. And I'm not usually into those kinds of movies.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Saw Boucher trending on Twitter and thought he had gotten fired. But it turns out it's just a player on the Raptors playing well in tonight's game.:laugh:

Reactions: coladin

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
As far as movies go, I recently watched Jim Jarmush's 2016 movie "Paterson", a movie about a New Jersey bus driver who likes to write poetry.

It was very good, certainly one of Jarmush's best. Definitely recommend it.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
As far as movies go, I recently watched Jim Jarmush's 2016 movie "Paterson", a movie about a New Jersey bus driver who likes to write poetry.

love that movie

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Meant to see it when it came out, but never got around to it. Jarmush is great. Down By Law is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad