OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yup. If I'm going to see a Lego movie I expect to see kids there. Thats why I don't go to those movies.

If I'm seeing a marvel movie or something I just go to a late show or the VIP theatre. Keep the noisy little ****s away from me lol
CkP6bh8WsAALwst.jpg

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Yup! Children are loud, smelly and can't focus on things which makes them a pain in the ass at public events.

I stay away from them whenever possible. But that's my choice, and it's on me to do it. I don't expect people to not bring their children to most places.

If we dont like something, it's up to us to avoid it.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Yup! Children are loud, smelly and can't focus on things which makes them a pain in the ass at public events.

I stay away from them whenever possible. But that's my choice, and it's on me to do it. I don't expect people to not bring their children to most places.

If we dont like something, it's up to us to avoid it.

Yeah there are plenty of ways to avoid kids if someone wants. They can have valid reasons for wanting to avoid them, but they can't expect others to cater to their needs.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah there are plenty of ways to avoid kids if someone wants. They can have valid reasons for wanting to avoid them, but they can't expect others to cater to their needs.

The latter part of that post I think applies to everything.

People today seem to want the world to cater to their own wants and views ... I think it's up to the individual to avoid the things they don't want to experiencr.

Reactions: maclean

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
There are times when it is 100% acceptable to bring little kids to the movies. A lot of theaters actually have matinees for this reason.

Absolutely. However there are plenty of people who do bring young children to movies when they shouldn't and it drives me crazy.

If Daffy's done it before and it worked out, then good on her and him. I still think it is fair to bring up how young children can really ruin a movie-going experience for everyone in the theatre. It just isn't fun for people to have to berate parents for taking their child to a movie that they shouldn't have.

I went to see the Charlie Brown movie at a matinee and the entire theartre was filled with children. I was the loudest because I laughed the most though!!

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Anybody do the drive from Ottawa to Niagara Falls in the last few years?

We're thinking about going for the Easter weekend, but I literally have not driven thru TO in at least 15 years.

What's the best route ... 401 or 407 or something else? How much time should I expect to burn sitting in the traffic?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

We're thinking about going for the Easter weekend, but I literally have not driven thru TO in at least 15 years.

What's the best route ... 401 or 407 or something else? How much time should I expect to burn sitting in the traffic?

407 will cost you a chunk of change, but it's well worth it, imo. I can't recall ever hitting traffic on the 407 and I make the drive 4-5 times a year.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I take the 7 to the 407, depending on where you are coming out of Ottawa.

The 407 is expensive. I suggest using Waze when you start getting near Toronto. Sometimes you can sail through without major traffic. It's the 403 you need to watchout for too. That usually can have some back-ups. Depending on that, it maybe best to head up the 427 from the 401 to catch the 407 ot switch in mississauga where there is an entrance to the 407 as well. Sometimes it can save you an hour. No joke.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Apparently the redneck truck convoy is going to be blocking Wellington, Albert and Slater tomorrow and Wednesday.

Anyone working around Parliament might want to either work from home or get to work extra early.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Apparently the redneck truck convoy is going to be blocking Wellington, Albert and Slater tomorrow and Wednesday.

Anyone working around Parliament might want to either work from home or get to work extra early.

Just catching up to speed with this particular story, idiocracy is stronger than ever these days!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

I can't stand these oil and gas people sometimes. The way they operate you would think that what they do is the most noble undertaking one could commit to. I understand that you need to feed your family, but it is a dying industry and we should be looking to spend money elsewhere.

Edit: Do you have a link where it says they will be blocking Slater and Albert? I can only find one saying they'll be on Wellington.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I can't stand these oil and gas people sometimes. The way they operate you would think that what they do is the most noble undertaking one could commit to. I understand that you need to feed your family, but it is a dying industry and we should be looking to spend money elsewhere.

Edit: Do you have a link where it says they will be blocking Slater and Albert? I can only find one saying they'll be on Wellington.

An acquaintance who works for PSPC passed along the message. I am off work today and trying to get more information since I work on Sparks. Will post what I find.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There are times when it is 100% acceptable to bring little kids to the movies. A lot of theaters actually have matinees for this reason.

Some theaters actually do showing for moms with babies, stars and strollers or something like that.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Some theaters actually do showing for moms with babies, stars and strollers or something like that.

Yeah, back when my kids were infants, Cineplex used to do that - the "Stars and Strollers" screenings during weekdays. I assume they still do this? I used to take them all the time. It was great, they turned the volume down for sensitive kid ears, and babies could just do whatever and everyone understood that it was what it was.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

Lived there for 3 years. If you aren't hitting Toronto at rush hour then my preference was always highway 7 to 401. I like the drive through tweed. If avoiding Toronto at peak traffic nightmare time is unavoidable, cutting through the US is a nice easy cruise.

Reactions: Tweed

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah, back when my kids were infants, Cineplex used to do that - the "Stars and Strollers" screenings during weekdays. I assume they still do this? I used to take them all the time. It was great, they turned the volume down for sensitive kid ears, and babies could just do whatever and everyone understood that it was what it was.

damn... must take away from the move experience to watch it like that.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Lived there for 3 years. If you aren't hitting Toronto at rush hour then my preference was always highway 7 to 401. I like the drive through tweed. If avoiding Toronto at peak traffic nightmare time is unavoidable, cutting through the US is a nice easy cruise.

Yeah, I was thinking about going via NY state. Thanks for the info.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Anyone have experience with wireless devices and computers/laptops and gigabit internet? How much of that speed/capacity can be realized if I'm on my laptop in another room?

Sometimes if I'm downloading a series front iTunes then I get frequent buffering from Netflix. I find myself planning things and running my computer overnight when maybe with better speeds I would not have to.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
damn... must take away from the move experience to watch it like that.

When you have been trapped at home for 4 days with a 1-year old and you are losing your mind because "the outside world" has become a mythical place you only ever hear about in passing by living vicariously through your friends that don't ever visit you anymore because you have a kid now and they can't relate to you anymore, being able to get out of the house and see a movie is a gald-darned magical experience, regardless of the presence of other kids.

Trust me.

Reactions: Sun God Nika
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad