OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
When you have been trapped at home for 4 days with a 1-year old and you are losing your mind because "the outside world" has become a mythical place you only ever hear about in passing by living vicariously through your friends that don't ever visit you anymore because you have a kid now and they can't relate to you anymore, being able to get out of the house and see a movie is a gald-darned magical experience, regardless of the presence of other kids.

Trust me.

LOL, my first thought when reading Day Man's response was ... "welp, that guy doesn't have kids yet".

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
When you have been trapped at home for 4 days with a 1-year old and you are losing your mind because "the outside world" has become a mythical place you only ever hear about in passing by living vicariously through your friends that don't ever visit you anymore because you have a kid now and they can't relate to you anymore, being able to get out of the house and see a movie is a gald-darned magical experience, regardless of the presence of other kids.

Trust me.

Yeah I should have thought it out a little more my apologies.. sounds like hell.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yeah I should have thought it out a little more my apologies.. sounds like hell.

Haha, not hell exactly, but you can easily lose connection with the outside world, and your past life almost certainly.

I mean, you make trips to the mall in the winter so that your little one can run around out of the house while you can lay eyes on other real live people!

You know you’re in tough when being stuck in a room full of other people’s poop and vomit machines is your idea of ‘getting out’ hahaha...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
How many of you out there know all of the words from the Backyardigans songs, and found yourself humming “the secret of snow” at some point during the winter...

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
In the kitchen cleaning up after my dinner while my parents were in the next room watching TV. The show they were watching was a fictional medical drama and one of the doctors told one of the patients that the baby with health concerns she was pregnant with may have those health issues because of the mother's antidepressants. My mom makes some offhand comment about how she is concerned that the medication my sister is on (antidepressants and Adderall) are dangerous. Like wtf, how is a fictional character more trustworthy than a real psychiatrist. Her pseudoscience "anything that isn't natural is the devil" BS annoys me when she tries to force it on me, pisses me off when she doesn't seem to understand how much it would hurt my sister and how actual medicine has helped her overcome pain, and scares me with the thought that if she ever got sick she would prioritize a naturopath over medical science.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Trust me.

I forget what the inside of a movie theatre looks like...

Reactions: coladin

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Anyone have experience with wireless devices and computers/laptops and gigabit internet? How much of that speed/capacity can be realized if I'm on my laptop in another room?

Sometimes if I'm downloading a series front iTunes then I get frequent buffering from Netflix. I find myself planning things and running my computer overnight when maybe with better speeds I would not have to.

Depending on the wifi router you use, you can set different priority levels for the devices. That is what I do here on my devices.

I have a Router with a lot of options that helps out for device prioritization.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I forget what the inside of a movie theatre looks like...
The one here(Kanata) has nice comfy reclining seats in all the theatres now!

However they also recently "upgraded" their concourse area. Now instead of ordering everything at once its designed like a grocery store. There's an area where you can grab your popcorn, all the candy is on different shelves and such. Then there's coolers with the bottled drinks and the freestyle coke machines. Only after picking all your stuff then you go to the cash with it all and pay for it.
I hate it. I understand why they did it, so that they can hire less employees and pay them less since they're doing less work now but its still stupid imo.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone have experience with wireless devices and computers/laptops and gigabit internet? How much of that speed/capacity can be realized if I'm on my laptop in another room?

Sometimes if I'm downloading a series front iTunes then I get frequent buffering from Netflix. I find myself planning things and running my computer overnight when maybe with better speeds I would not have to.
I recently got that eero device, I think it is called, from Rogers. I am , through my business, a Rogers business partner and this is one of the perks I get. Even when running the best possible router, my son would still freak when in the basement, opposite corner of the router, he would have lag issues. This eero thing has finally solved that. We had a TP-Link device that was quite good as well, and pretty cheap. They act like boosters of your signal (sorry, not technically versed in the right terms lol) and you can buy them at the Source.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
If you are going to invest in crypto you need to do a ton of research now. Lots of garbage out there but some coins look to have legitimate future.

The real money maker is going to be finding new ways to use block chain technology. Coins are just one way to use it but the real innovation is block chain.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Anybody in here invest in cryptocurrency?

I remember buddies of mine and people I worked with telling me what a craze crypto was and how you had to get in because one bitcoin was probably going to be worth $100,000 by the end of 2018 and how everyone was getting crazy rich from it. I laughed then and I still laugh now at how much money was lost in such a stupid pump and dump.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Anybody in here invest in cryptocurrency?
I have. I still am a big believer that it will one day be the forefront in how we exchange value but it's incredibly hard to know what that will look like (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Facebook coin, government backed cryptos). It will still probably take several decades to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad