OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah I felt it delivered with the big emotional moments but plot wise it was all over the place and started to buckle under its own needless running around.

Infinity war has a lot of moving pieces but they were all moving in the same direction which is why it worked so well.

The movie it too self-aware to be as fun as it can be is how I think I can sum it up. It is constantly setting itself up in the most obvious and unsatisfying way.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Endgame had more memorable scenes than IW, but I enjoyed the latter more. I still don't understand the ending with time traveling Cap.

Is this a spoiler free zone?

It made sense to me, but I don't know if I want to go into detail in case not everyone here has had a chance to see it yet.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yeah I felt it delivered with the big emotional moments but plot wise it was all over the place and started to buckle under its own needless running around.

I thought the plot was pretty reasonably paced and laid out, all things considered. I dunno. Maybe it's just me?

I liked it.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I thought the plot was pretty reasonably paced and laid out, all things considered. I dunno. Maybe it's just me?

I liked it.

Honestly so many things piss me off about this movie and I literally could've forgiven them all if they had Hulk and Thanos have an epic 1v1. But of course they didn't. The final battle started off like it was going to be epic and it was bad just seemed rushed and blah.

A rat. A rat breaks into a truck inside in storage facility and climbs up on the dash and pushes a button.

My favourite scene from Ragnarok was when Oden asks Thor if he's Thor god of hammers. Captain America shoots lightning when he has Mjolnir wtf? Not to mention Thor who was so broken up when Mjolnir was destroyed but he steals Mjolnir from another Thor in another timeline eventhough they know it has consequences? But we gotta give people Cap with a hammer and no one will care about anything else.

Also wtf Thor throws Stormbreaker at Thanos who has on the gauntlet with all the stones and it basically kills him. In endgame Thanos with no glove or stones just destroys Thor who has Stormbreaker and Mjolnir ?

Captain Marvels haircut.

Why did Nebula not tell them how Thanos got the soul stone ?

Pepper shows up to the battle royal to the death like wtf why ?

Literally if the movie ended 15 mins in when they killed Thanos I would've liked it.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Is this a spoiler free zone?

It made sense to me, but I don't know if I want to go into detail in case not everyone here has had a chance to see it yet.
It's been almost a week since the release.

My issue with the ending, and I'll be vague, is how can Cap still be in the main timeline after he what he does?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I liked it.

I liked Endgame but I loved Infinity War. I guess I hyped myself up too much. Infinity War flowed much better despite having something like 15 characters, Endgame being longer and having fewer characters was an issue for me.

Last edited:

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I haven’t seen Endgame yet but just looking at the run time you can tell this should of been the two-parter and Infinity War should have been a stand alone film.

Oh well, there’s another decade worth of re-booted franchises in the works so we’ll get a chance.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yo, these spoilers are not okay. The movie hasn't been out a week and its insanely hard to get decent tickets. A friend of mine wanted to go last night at lansdowne at the last minute. He checked around 6pm and there were only tickets left to an 11:30pm showing which would suck since you'd be out of there at nearly 3 in the morning.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yo, these spoilers are not okay. The movie hasn't been out a week and its insanely hard to get decent tickets. A friend of mine wanted to go last night at lansdowne at the last minute. He checked around 6pm and there were only tickets left to an 11:30pm showing which would suck since you'd be out of there at nearly 3 in the morning.

I think after a week its on the individual to avoid spoilers, not everyone else to avoid talking about them.

There were plenty of seats available on Sunday, so im not buying the "there aren't enough tickets available" argument.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's been almost a week since the release.

My issue with the ending, and I'll be vague, is how can Cap still be in the main timeline after he what he does?

Couldn't he have just lived his life in the alternate timeline, then warped back to the main one or something?

For me when they introduce time travel into a movie, its usually best to just not think about the paradoxical stuff because there will always be something.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And nothing surprising or unexpected happens in Endgame.

That being said, I agree with being extra careful with regards to spoilers which is why I edited my post to remove my question about a plothole.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

If your friend or anyone who hasn't seen it for that matter has been able to avoid spoilers from facebook, twitter, youtube, or going out in public. I am positive they can dodge the lounge in sens HF.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We have a spoiler thread on the entertainment board. Going there costs you nothing.

That being said, people don't seem interested in discussing the issues with the film over there.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
We have a spoiler thread on the entertainment board. Going there costs you nothing.

That being said, people don't seem interested in discussing the issues with the film over there.

Not going into places where they might discuss things you don't want to see doesn't cost you anything either, and only inconveniences one person instead of many.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not going into places where they might discuss things you don't want to see doesn't cost you anything either, and only inconveniences one person instead of many.

Sure but this is the lounge, it isn't unreasonable to think someone could come in here not expecting spoilers to be found.

Its been a week and this is one of the most anticipated movies ever.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Sure but this is the lounge, it isn't unreasonable to think someone could come in here not expecting spoilers to be found.

Its been a week and this is one of the most anticipated movies ever.

Exactly. Its been a week. Plenty of time for people to see it who didn't want to hear spoilers.

What's unreasonable is expecting groups of people to change their behaviour for an individual's sensitivities

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Exactly. Its been a week. Plenty of time for people to see it who didn't want to hear spoilers.

What's unreasonable is expecting groups of people to change their behaviour for an individual's sensitivities

You can blame others for your own lack of civility all you want.

I'm just saying that there is a thread, on this very website, where everyone is talking spoilers. No one there is making a fuss about having to discuss the spoilers in that thread.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Most weekend & evening shows were sold out a week in advance (or in many cases, even longer).

It's entirely reasonable that someone who didn't pre-buy their tickets hasn't had a chance to see it yet solely because screen times in their available movie-going hours have been sold out up to now.

Reactions: DrEasy

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire

It's more that people just kind of jumped into things without warning. If someone gave a warning for spoilers, you kind of know the seal is broken in the thread and to get out of here if you don't want it spoiled. But to just be like "I saw Endgame and I can't believe Captain America did yada yada yada" kind of sucks. That's my take on "spoiler etiquette" at least.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't care about the movie, but I think that it would be reasonable for this lounge to have a rule that any spoilers for film/tv that is less than a month old gets spoiler tagged.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I don't care about the movie, but I think that it would be reasonable for this lounge to have a rule that any spoilers for film/tv that is less than a month old gets spoiler tagged.

Yo I can't believe darth vader was lukes father

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You can blame others for your own lack of civility all you want.

I'm just saying that there is a thread, on this very website, where everyone is talking spoilers. No one there is making a fuss about having to discuss the spoilers in that thread.

Most weekend & evening shows were sold out a week in advance (or in many cases, even longer).

It's entirely reasonable that someone who didn't pre-buy their tickets hasn't had a chance to see it yet solely because screen times in their available movie-going hours have been sold out up to now.

Sunday in Kanata had plenty of seats available for the many of the shows during the evening. THe theatre i saw it in wasn't even half full at 10:50. Had to work in the morning, but didn't want to have it spoiled so I went. I avoided places where spoilers happen, because the onus was on me to avoid spoilers, not the world to prevent me from seeing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad