OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If you're taking that route, Hamburg seems like a no-brainer. Really cool city.

I never made the leap to Windows 10, stuck with 8.1 running a program that makes it work more like 7. I'm conservative when it comes to computers and it's only been recently that I've admitted to myself that Windows today is better (i.e. more useful) than DOS. Having to run Windows 10 is actually one of the things I fear about getting a new computer, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

Reactions: DrEasy

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
My thought was to get a eurail pass that gives me 10 travel days and to take the basic path of:

Bruges
Brussels
Luxembourg
Cologne
Berlin
Copenhagen
Stockholm
Oslo

I'm going with on my family vacation to Copenhagen, Bergen (Norway), Tallinn (Estonia) and Helsinki in the last week of June / first week of July. I'll report back here on whether you should make a detour to any of those cities!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
There is no more miserable experience than a 4-hour wait in a walk-in medical clinic. :ha:

Better off dropping in to the ER at that point. Last time I used a walk in, they told me to just head to ER because any tests they needed to run would take three weeks to get back, but ER would have results immediately.

I've since found a family doctor /health team, so at least I don't have to worry about that now. Just late night/weekend baby issues are the only reasons we've gone to ER since.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Better off dropping in to the ER at that point. Last time I used a walk in, they told me to just head to ER because any tests they needed to run would take three weeks to get back, but ER would have results immediately.

I've since found a family doctor /health team, so at least I don't have to worry about that now. Just late night/weekend baby issues are the only reasons we've gone to ER since.

Just left about 45 mins ago.

I needed a prescription, and my family doc is out of town. Hospital would have been an all-day affair, probably.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
There is no more miserable experience than a 4-hour wait in a walk-in medical clinic. :ha:

That's pretty terrible. I have never waited more than 15 mins to see my doctor and when shes away one of the other doctors will see me and its not much of a wait. I do have a walk in clinic near me that I have used and they are great they let me leave and text me when Im almost up.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That's pretty terrible. I have never waited more than 15 mins to see my doctor and when shes away one of the other doctors will see me and its not much of a wait. I do have a walk in clinic near me that I have used and they are great they let me leave and text me when Im almost up.
I used to have a doctor that didn't take appointments. You call first thing in the morning and could see him that day.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
OK, you win... though I don't think using the U.S. when debating "miserable medical experiences" is much of a fair fight. :laugh:

I’ve lived here for 2 years and haven’t been to the doctor (or a clinic/ER) even once (knock on wood).

I think the actual experience would probably be fine and pretty efficient. But paying for insurance (and crap insurance at that) infuriates me twice a month.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If you're taking that route, Hamburg seems like a no-brainer. Really cool city.

I never made the leap to Windows 10, stuck with 8.1 running a program that makes it work more like 7. I'm conservative when it comes to computers and it's only been recently that I've admitted to myself that Windows today is better (i.e. more useful) than DOS. Having to run Windows 10 is actually one of the things I fear about getting a new computer, but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

Woah! Windows 10 is super stable and is probably one of the best MS OS’s in a long time.

I have been really selective with upgrades.

In the 90s I ran Linux... then moved to windows 2000. From there I ran Windows XP, then Windows 7, and now Windows 10

Never ran any of the ones in between as they were all too buggy.

The only thing to complain about are the frequent updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->