OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Apparently you have been selected. Rather than a war Canada has agreed to put someone in the ring with Manny Pacquiao. Good luck.. our mighty nation is counting on you.
51c6840622f1422d8789d93c004bd801.png

Please. For all his skill, that dude is like 5' 5". Just send John Scott and be done with it.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Apparently you have been selected. Rather than a war Canada has agreed to put someone in the ring with Manny Pacquiao. Good luck.. our mighty nation is counting on you.
51c6840622f1422d8789d93c004bd801.png
And who shall we choose as it looks from the picture that Duterte has chosen Trial by Combat #GOT

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Anyone here get laser eye surgery before? I just had my consultation and am considering it. Would like to hear anyone's experiences they had with it. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper then I was expecting, I got quoted at $2400, and I can write it off in my taxes as a health expense.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Enjoy it? I did.
I enjoyed the crap out of it. Its too long but I cant really pick out a scene I'd take out. 3 hours and its so dense. If you're gonna do it with any movie, do it with this one. I just wish I got an intermission. The last hour in particular is incredible and I just love the ending. Good job Marvel.

There was a particular moment in the final act that I literally squealed like a little girl and pumped my fist in ecstasy. Huge pay off.

Last edited:

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I enjoyed the crap out of it. Its too long but I cant really pick out a scene I'd take out. 3 hours and its so dense. If you're gonna do it with any movie, do it with this one. I just wish I got an intermission. The last hour in particular is incredible and I just love the ending. Good job Marvel.

There was a particular moment in the final act that I literally squealed like a little girl and pumped my fist in ecstasy. Huge pay off.

I see people talking about this everywhere, I haven't watched anything but the first Avengers movie. I guess I better carve out some time for the rest of the series.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

As someone who was spoiled, and then read the confirmed leak post summary before the review embargo lifted, I was shocked how well received the movie was. It sounded horrible on paper. Even a few critics who I like and have historically been pretty harsh on marvel, seemed to enjoy it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I see people talking about this everywhere, I haven't watched anything but the first Avengers movie. I guess I better carve out some time for the rest of the series.
https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-scene/the-best-way-to-rewatch-the-mcu

You can probably just take iron man 3 and incredible hulk off the list if you wanna save yourself sometime. Captain Marvel isn't really required viewing either but it'll give you some context into the history of SHEILD and Guardians of the Galaxy 1.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
As someone who was spoiled, and then read the confirmed leak post summary before the review embargo lifted, I was shocked how well received the movie was. It sounded horrible on paper. Even a few critics who I like and have historically been pretty harsh on marvel, seemed to enjoy it.
Everyone seeing this movie early is probably pretty invested in the saga at this point. They obviously like these films otherwise they wouldn't be there unless dragged by a loved one. Its probably a pretty biased view. Not invalid, but very skewed.

Its kinda crazy to think about. 22 movies in 11 years and literally decades of source material from the comics. Even if you compare it with something like Star wars, that's 10 movies since 1977. The investment over a relatively small period of time for this franchise has been immense from its fans. I've probably seen at least 15 of them in theaters and Spiderman was pretty much my favourite thing when I was a child.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Anyone here get laser eye surgery before? I just had my consultation and am considering it. Would like to hear anyone's experiences they had with it. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper then I was expecting, I got quoted at $2400, and I can write it off in my taxes as a health expense.

I regret having it done. Had PRK about 10 years ago. My vision is better than 20/20 but my eyes are always dry and if I get the tiniest bit of dust in one it feels f***ing horrible. All in all I wish I still had glasses.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Hope everyone here is safe and unaffected by the floods. Crazy to see just how many communities across the country are in a state of emergency.
A lot of the areas around me are getting hit hard here out in West Carleton :(. If anyone can offer any time volunteers are needed everywhere, there’s lists of the specific places on the various news sites.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I regret having it done. Had PRK about 10 years ago. My vision is better than 20/20 but my eyes are always dry and if I get the tiniest bit of dust in one it feels ****ing horrible. All in all I wish I still had glasses.
Thanks for the reply. I think you're the first person I've talked to that hasn't had a good experience. Do you think it would be different if you got lasik instead of PKR (not sure if that was an option for you)?

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
Thanks for the reply. I think you're the first person I've talked to that hasn't had a good experience. Do you think it would be different if you got lasik instead of PKR (not sure if that was an option for you)?

I'm honestly not sure. I did PRK for a specific job, which I never ended up pursuing anyway, but dry eye is a specific side effect of both lasik and PRK as far as I know. And don't get me wrong, I'm not living in agony or anything, but I'll have to use the moisturizing drops for the rest of my life, and when I first wake up, or get some dust in there my eyes feel really crappy.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I enjoyed the crap out of it up until the last hour. Just at the start of that was when I had to nip out of the theatre to take a leak and honestly I could've gone home at that point and not felt like I missed a single damn thing if I'd known. For the first two thirds (and the whole first movie) I was like finally a Hollywood action movie that is trying to do things differently and you are actually in suspense of how things are going to go down. Then the last hour is just rote cliche standard battle garbage that basically makes the whole rest of it irrelevant. Oh well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I'm honestly not sure. I did PRK for a specific job, which I never ended up pursuing anyway, but dry eye is a specific side effect of both lasik and PRK as far as I know. And don't get me wrong, I'm not living in agony or anything, but I'll have to use the moisturizing drops for the rest of my life, and when I first wake up, or get some dust in there my eyes feel really crappy.

Super interesting to hear (though of course sucks). It always struck me as strange that there would be no downside to it at all

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
It may be different for everyone, and you may have already tried this, but often if you stop using the drops your eyes will adjust. People tend to use the drops too much so the eyes rely on them for hydration. Try to stop using them for a long time to see how your eyes react.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Endgame was a major letdown. Still good and glad I saw it but what a major step down from Infinity War.

Yeah I felt it delivered with the big emotional moments but plot wise it was all over the place and started to buckle under its own needless running around.

Infinity war has a lot of moving pieces but they were all moving in the same direction which is why it worked so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad