OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It was also an unusual case. How do you tell people, "hey, there's a psycho on the loose killing people, and he's wearing a genuine police uniform and driving a genuine police car. Now please listen and cooperate with any real police officers in your area."

How is a terrified civilian (possibly with a weapon of his own) going to tell the difference between a real cop and a fake one in that instance? You could end up with scared people firing on real cops, or real cops firing on scared people thinking they are the bad guy.

Dude, you have to tell people to stay the **** inside in this case.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
hmmm....Dilbert isn't the most reliable source for non-bias info. Dude has been off his rocker for several years now.
While i don't disagree, He isn't the source here, TMZ is. Even then, TMZ is reporting on what other unnamed media outlets in China and Japan are apparently reporting.

All Adam Scott is doing is vetting for TMZ's reliability (sure, whatever) and adding a dumb meme.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Looks damned expensive. These new consoles are quickly getting into the same price range of a decent gaming computer.

Completely baseless, but I have heard rumours that the new XBox may be able to run Windows. If true, then $700 for a console you can PC game on is pretty sweet.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Completely baseless, but I have heard rumours that the new XBox may be able to run Windows. If true, then $700 for a console you can PC game on is pretty sweet.

Yes, but it wouldn't be enough to play a lot of PC games. Something like WoW (or any mmorpg) can't work on console controls. You'd need some sort of keyboard.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yes, but it wouldn't be enough to play a lot of PC games. Something like WoW (or any mmorpg) can't work on console controls. You'd need some sort of keyboard.
Not hard to hook up a USB or bluetooth keyboard and mouse to these things, I don't see that as being a problem. To me the bigger issue is PC games tend to evolve faster in terms of requirements as the hardware is constantly improving where as consoles are pretty much stuck.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If it runs windows, presumably it would be compatible with windows drivers

XBOX One has been able to use a keyboard and mouse... wireless or usb for a few years now.

Most online games do not allow it though, because it gives an advantage over controllers. Fortnite allows both.

The current software is windows 10 based but more like the one that runs on Surface Hubs, that we use at work. It is quite limited for security issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad