OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Great interview today with award-winning investigative journalist Tom O'Neill. Starts out by talking about the Marilyn Manson murders and what led up to it. Talks about the JFK assassination and other events in the 1960's and their connection to the CIA. His book, Chaos: Charles Manson, the CIA, and the Secret History of the Sixties.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
First trailer for the HBO Perry Mason miniseries was released. Honestly a good, high production noir series is something i could really go for right now.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Active shooter situation is all I saw on the newscrawl

It’s getting some pretty heavy global coverage.

This is a diversion for some, I guess.

51 year old man dressed as cop and in a police vehicle going around shooting people.

A few different versions... some say mock RCMP police car.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They are really behind the 8-ball on coverage, huge story and it’s been happening since 11:30 last night. Something like this you usually hear a a few minutes after it begins everywhere. I had to search on the CBC website to even find it an hour ago. Only got put on the main page just over an hour ago.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
They are really behind the 8-ball on coverage, huge story and it’s been happening since 11:30 last night. Something like this you usually hear a a few minutes after it begins everywhere. I had to search on the CBC website to even find it an hour ago. Only got put on the main page just over an hour ago.

UK, Taiwan, and Russia running the story... in the US, it must be a dime a dozen... :sarcasm:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They caught him alive as well, something else that almost never happens in situations like this. Boston Marathon and Moncton are only 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

Reactions: Variable26

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
maybe that's a good thing.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
"CBC News has confirmed the gunman is dead. Police say there are multiple victims, but have not yet said how many people were either injured or killed. "

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/rcmp-weapon-lockdown-portapique-1.5537598
Yes, that was announced an hour later, it was initially announced they had taken him into custody. He was shot by police after he was apprehended.

Multiple people dead, including one RCMP officer, after shooting spree in Portapique, N.S.

“Global News has confirmed that 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman was shot and killed by Nova Scotia police after being taken into custody Sunday morning. Wortman is the suspect of a fatal shooting that occurred in Portapique, N.S., which killed, multiple people including a member of the RCMP. Sarah Ritchie reports.”

We’ll hear the details and what actually happened in an hour either way.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Sad news. Over ten dead

People in a rural Nova Scotia community are reeling today after a bloody 12-hour rampage by a gunman who killed at least 10 people.
In an update on Sunday evening, police confirmed the gunman is dead, as well as an RCMP officer.
They said there are at least 10 people killed in total. They warned there may be more victims who have not been discovered yet and their investigation continues.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/rcmp-weapon-lockdown-portapique-1.5537598

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Yes, that was announced an hour later, it was initially announced they had taken him into custody. He was shot by police after he was apprehended.

Multiple people dead, including one RCMP officer, after shooting spree in Portapique, N.S.

“Global News has confirmed that 51-year-old Gabriel Wortman was shot and killed by Nova Scotia police after being taken into custody Sunday morning. Wortman is the suspect of a fatal shooting that occurred in Portapique, N.S., which killed, multiple people including a member of the RCMP. Sarah Ritchie reports.”

We’ll hear the details and what actually happened in an hour either way.
He was shot by police after he was apprehended?

This story is so bizarre. He owned a denture clinic and multiple properties. Not the tight of person that fits the description for a killing spree rampage.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He was shot by police after he was apprehended?

This story is so bizarre. He owned a denture clinic and multiple properties. Not the tight of person that fits the description for a killing spree rampage.
While being apprehended, he died in hospital after being arrested. Global news retracted their statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->