OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
While being apprehended, he died in hospital after being arrested. Global news retracted their statement.
Every time I check the news the death count increases. Sounds like more info is still slowly coming out. So bizarre and so tragic.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's so insane. The guy had a good business, and something like 4-5 properties. From the little tidbits of information, it seems like he was doing well in life.

To find/make a police uniform and set up a vehicle to mimic a police car and all that...he had to be planning this before the covid lockdown.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It's so insane. The guy had a good business, and something like 4-5 properties. From the little tidbits of information, it seems like he was doing well in life.

To find/make a police uniform and set up a vehicle to mimic a police car and all that...he had to be planning this before the covid lockdown.

Pretty sure he stole the cop car. That’s just my assumption.

Did you see the burned out cop cars?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Pretty sure he stole the cop car. That’s just my assumption.

Did you see the burned out cop cars?

I get the feeling he was trying to destroy evidence as he went?

I think they mentioned him switching vehicle at one point. It's all so jumbled right now.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Wasn't stolen, Had a number that wasn't used by police

I thought this is the car

EV-CLzcWAAADvWk

N4TGU6QZXNL2JKBVMCI47RQRTY.JPG

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Likely, I misunderstood the tweet

Nah, you are right. But no one knows for sure. It still does say mock police car in some news stories.

I think it was a real car stolen, only because of the two photos in the news that I posted. Just a guess. It looks too much like a real police car, all burned out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Nah, you are right. But no one knows for sure. It still does say mock police car in some news stories.

I think it was a real car stolen, only because of the two photos in the news that I posted. Just a guess. It looks too much like a real police car, all burned out.
I'd imagine he bought it at a Police Auction, and this was a photo they had on file. Probably how he was identified as well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Apparently his hobby was buying cars and restoring them, from his facebook prior to it's deactivation

Oh...so even if the decals were removed, he'd likely have the skills and knowledge to restore them (at least enough to look accurate).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Wow, just heard about this. Really curious whether they can find out anything about his motives. Quite chilling is the testimony of a guy who said the shooter was a "friendly acquaintance" but that they hadn't been in contact in like ten months and then suddenly this guy is pounding on their door in full police uniform holding a rifle and a pistol...

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Some rumour that was deleted off of Reddit:

Second cop car used was stolen... first one was the fake.

The other stories being told about the things he did over those 9 hours are gruesome. I hope it is not true.

Scary stuff.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Some rumour that was deleted off of Reddit:

Second cop car used was stolen... first one was the fake.

The other stories being told about the things he did over those 9 hours are gruesome. I hope it is not true.

Scary stuff.
Unfortunately the first was true, it was the slain RCMP officer's car whom he had stolen and then burned the one he refurbished.

The Toronto Sun had an article with a lot of information, that in my opinion, should not have been put in print right now.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Reading more into the shooting spree, I am seeing that there was no province-wide emergency alert that was sent out even as the RCMP clearly knew what was unfolding. Many of the victims were killed on Sunday, several hours after the killer began making his way across NS, and surely some would still be alive had they know what was going on.

I realize our media is weak in Canada, but I really hope someone holds them accountable for what was a huge mistake imo.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Reading more into the shooting spree, I am seeing that there was no province-wide emergency alert that was sent out even as the RCMP clearly knew what was unfolding. Many of the victims were killed on Sunday, several hours after the killer began making his way across NS, and surely some would still be alive had they know what was going on.

I realize our media is weak in Canada, but I really hope someone holds them accountable for what was a huge mistake imo.
This doesn't have anything to do with the media but the RCMP. It was there responsibility to alert the media.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It was also an unusual case. How do you tell people, "hey, there's a psycho on the loose killing people, and he's wearing a genuine police uniform and driving a genuine police car. Now please listen and cooperate with any real police officers in your area."

How is a terrified civilian (possibly with a weapon of his own) going to tell the difference between a real cop and a fake one in that instance? You could end up with scared people firing on real cops, or real cops firing on scared people thinking they are the bad guy.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
It was also an unusual case. How do you tell people, "hey, there's a psycho on the loose killing people, and he's wearing a genuine police uniform and driving a genuine police car. Now please listen and cooperate with any real police officers in your area."

How is a terrified civilian (possibly with a weapon of his own) going to tell the difference between a real cop and a fake one in that instance? You could end up with scared people firing on real cops, or real cops firing on scared people thinking they are the bad guy.

Especially when they are calling in cops from other areas to assist. It was a bad situation.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad