OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I'm bored so a random thought.

I often watch sports using a projector. I wish the NHL would tint the ice maybe a pale blue because I have to lower the contrast and brightness too much or all that white ice blooms. Great for near every sport except hockey. It's worse when it's still wet after resurfacing and the lights glare.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It must be hard to be big fan of MJ. Takes a lot to show it these days. Proud of your step forward @Stylizer1 . It is always best to get those skeletons out of the closet, and out in the open. :D

Yeah, we was a supremely talented, generous, philanthropic pedo

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It must be hard to be big fan of MJ. Takes a lot to show it these days. Proud of your step forward @Stylizer1 . It is always best to get those skeletons out of the closet, and out in the open. :D
tenor.gif

:laugh:

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Wondering if anyone is in a similar situation.

I applied for EI right before the CERB details were announced, so a little over a week ago. However, I never finished my application since I never entered my 4 digit RoE code (I have not even received it yet). Once I saw the CERB details, I had no intentions of completing my EI application since there was no need to.

Fast forward to today, I received the CERB $2000.00, which makes sense. But I also received a $2000.00 EI payment, which does not make sense. I will be giving that back whenever I can by either getting a hold of someone or until they announce some payback system. It is bizarre since I never finished my EI application. I cannot even log in to view any EI claims because, well, I never finished the application.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
All I know is that I believe it is >23/hr where the income is such that ei is a better option than cerb.

Though, not sure on the tax implications of cerb.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

I applied for EI right before the CERB details were announced, so a little over a week ago. However, I never finished my application since I never entered my 4 digit RoE code (I have not even received it yet). Once I saw the CERB details, I had no intentions of completing my EI application since there was no need to.

Fast forward to today, I received the CERB $2000.00, which makes sense. But I also received a $2000.00 EI payment, which does not make sense. I will be giving that back whenever I can by either getting a hold of someone or until they announce some payback system. It is bizarre since I never finished my EI application. I cannot even log in to view any EI claims because, well, I never finished the application.
You are going to give back money?

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
You are going to give back money?

He is entitled to one or the other not both, there was obviously some mistake here and if more people catch on, many people who applied for E.I will try to apply for CERB too.

The government is not stupid, when the dust settles they will know who received what, and how much, and they will be asking for money back at some point if you got more than you were supposed to.

I am actually impressed however that he received the CERB payment already, since applications started Monday so that is what, 3 days? Good that the money is getting out right away.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Also the EI payment might be because I think there's a mandate to get the money out now, verify the necessity later due to the volume of applications.

They know that they can clawback anything they gave at tax time anyway.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
Also the EI payment might be because I think there's a mandate to get the money out now, verify the necessity later due to the volume of applications.

They know that they can clawback anything they gave at tax time anyway.
This would make sense. I’m waiting for one of the services to provide a payback method.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

UPDATE: Canadians awake to extra COVID-19 emergency benefit money, feds clarify changes - Victoria News

Looks like it was intended.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
TSN is playing game 7 of pitt vs sens 2017 right now. one goal away from going to the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->