OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If the body alone stretches to 100 cm, that's definitely a Maine Coon. I don't think any other breed (except for the savannah, and your wallet would know if you had shelled out $10k for a cat) is anywhere near that length.

We have 2 Bengals the male is super long.

Not 1m though. That is huge!

(The cat was a wife decision not mine)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We have 2 Bengals the male is super long.

Not 1m though. That is huge!

(The cat was a wife decision not mine)

1m is crazy for a cat. But that's what MCs are known for, being able to reach up and open doors by the handles. Kinda funny, until they open your front door and leave it open.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
You guys know too much about cats.
68676382_767052143716566_3972920507728134144_n.jpg

This is Rocky.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
My mom has a pair of Maine Coons.
The male isn't huge yet, but a good size.

Currently I'm in the middle of nowhere on Cape Breton Island... My sister decided to pick a nice remote venue away from civilization for her wedding.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
My mom has a pair of Maine Coons.
The male isn't huge yet, but a good size.

Currently I'm in the middle of nowhere on Cape Breton Island... My sister decided to pick a nice remote venue away from civilization for her wedding.
I love when people do that and expect 30-40 ppl to drop everything and come see you.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I love when people do that and expect 30-40 ppl to drop everything and come see you.

The reason for venue provided is that this is the area they took their first vacation together. Unofficial reason I think is if it was in Ontario, they'd go from a wedding of 20-30 to one of 70+.

And at least they're not making us come out to Newfoundland for it :laugh:

I was slightly disappointed in the drive, not as much variation in scenery as I was expecting. Just trees trees and more trees with the occasional hills or lake.

At least the 2yo was a good little traveler. She likes napping in the car.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The reason for venue provided is that this is the area they took their first vacation together. Unofficial reason I think is if it was in Ontario, they'd go from a wedding of 20-30 to one of 70+.

And at least they're not making us come out to Newfoundland for it :laugh:

I was slightly disappointed in the drive, not as much variation in scenery as I was expecting. Just trees trees and more trees with the occasional hills or lake.

At least the 2yo was a good little traveler. She likes napping in the car.
Shit I dunno man. That would drive me up the wall. The area they took their first vacation together? Why should I care lol. Maybe I am just a dick.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Where are you in Cape Breton??

I mean... A lot of Cape Breton it is beautiful, but it sounds like you're stuck in Wycogomah or some place on the interior of the island or something?

If you need day-trip tips, don't hesitate to ask. I've got a lot of the island down to a science, especially if you're on the west side (read: the best side).

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
**** I dunno man. That would drive me up the wall. The area they took their first vacation together? Why should I care lol. Maybe I am just a dick.
I’m with you man. Every summer I have at least 4 weddings to go to and it’s super frustrating when your friends or family book them in places that are hard an expensive to get to. I’m getting married next summer and it’s all about making it easy and inexpensive for my guest, and just throwing a huge party.

Reactions: maclean

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I’m with you man. Every summer I have at least 4 weddings to go to and it’s super frustrating when your friends or family book them in places that are hard an expensive to get to. I’m getting married next summer and it’s all about making it easy and inexpensive for my guest, and just throwing a huge party.
Yeah 100%. I got invited to one in Sudbury a few months ago and totally just blew it off. I wish ya the best, I'll send you a gift and a card, but I ain't doing that. Sorry.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Where are you in Cape Breton??

I mean... A lot of Cape Breton it is beautiful, but it sounds like you're stuck in Wycogomah or some place on the interior of the island or something?

If you need day-trip tips, don't hesitate to ask. I've got a lot of the island down to a science, especially if you're on the west side (read: the best side).

We're on the east side of the island, about an hour northeast of Baddeck and an hourish south of Ingonish, on the Cabot Trail.

I think Wreck Cove is the nearest "civilization". So today we drove down to Sydney. Might try to get to Louisberg before we go back today.

Tomorrow I want to get to Big Spruce brewery, so figure that will be an excuse to get to Inverness? There is a ceilligh at the Gaelic College nearby on Friday evening too.

Saturday is the wedding, Sunday can try to get north area of the island.

Then Monday we start the trek back to Ontario by car.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We're on the east side of the island, about an hour northeast of Baddeck and an hourish south of Ingonish, on the Cabot Trail.

I think Wreck Cove is the nearest "civilization". So today we drove down to Sydney. Might try to get to Louisberg before we go back today.

Tomorrow I want to get to Big Spruce brewery, so figure that will be an excuse to get to Inverness? There is a ceilligh at the Gaelic College nearby on Friday evening too.

Wreck Cove? Jesus. Yeah, that's the middle of nowhere for sure. What a weird spot for a wedding.

Ok, so if you want to REALLY have a nice day in Cape Breton on Sunday AND you're already planning on going northwest, get up early and do the Cabot Trail drive. It's about 2 hours to the western end of the trail, but it's utterly beautiful. Near the end of the western half the other end, the Skyline Trail near Inverness is a 45min(ish) hike through some forest that takes you out to a disgustingly beautiful view at the top of one of the Cabot Trail hilltops with a crazy great view of the coastline and ocean. If you want to get a hike in this weekend, that's the one I recommend. Bring a camera / phone with a good camera for the top of the trail. Pics are worth it.

Once you're at the end of the Cabot Trail, you'll immediately be in Cheticamp, which is the heart of the French Acadian region of Cape Breton. There's a restaurant there called l'Abri which is some of the better food on the island, in case you are getting sick of whatever they are serving in Wreck Cove.

Anyways, that's the good part of Cape Breton. My condolences on your trip to Sydney today. I'm sure that was an unpleasant trip back to 1982.

Reactions: 18Hossa and Caeldan

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Oh also: if you are doing Baddeck tomorrow and anyone convinces you to do a whale-watching tour,
1) ONLY do it if you go on the Zodiac tours. The regular boats are for boring grandmas. Zodiacs are a frigging rip of a good time... But
2) there aren't many if any good whale watching tours in/near Baddeck. There will be lots of signs and pamphlets for whale watches everywhere, but it's all up north past Ingonish. So if you sign up for a tour in Baddeck, you still have to drive the 1.5hrs north, so keep that in mind.

Other things to do in Baddeck... Hmm... If you or your significant other like sailing, you can take the Amoeba tour, but it's kinda meh. It's an old sailboat. Neat, but meh. The captain can be hilarious or a total arse depending on his mood that day.

The Usige Ban Falls hike is pretty good too. Nothing outstanding, but if you're a hiker (it's a 3km trail) and like medium-sized waterfalls, then it'd be right in your wheelhouse.

The Alexander Graham Bell museum is ok if you like museums.

Baddeck is kind of... where all my grandparents like visiting. It's one of those towns. Slow and steady.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caeldan

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Apparently we've missed lobster season, so I'm trying crab tonight.

If you get tired of deep-fried fish at all of the seafood places, ask for it to be pan-fried.

It's a special way they do it around the area you're staying in where the fish gets an egg-wash and is then pan-fried in butter & herbs. It's good, and less heavy than having yet another deep fried fish dish.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That is pretty easy for him as his paws clear pretty easily. I think that is a 36” (92cm) countertop. Will get a better one when I get back from holidays, stretch him out good!
I see your large cat, and I raise you this one up for adoption in Philidelphia...

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Just one short flight and an obscrne amount of importing pet paperwork andhe could be all yours!

Seriously though, that cat looks like it ate it's previous owner...
I'm pretty sure pet imports from the US to Canada is fairly simple, I think you just have to show it has a rabies vaccination.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Site apparently is down due to excessive traffic
It ended up on Digg, which while nowhere near as popular as it once was (or as good) still generates a lot of traffic if you make the front page I imagine. Cat is probably long gone, my dream of hightailing it down to philly, have a cheese steak, and adopting a cat that might be half mountain lion, are dashed...

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad