OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Before I started season three, the first thing I saw on twitter was a headline saying "Hopper's outfit this season is the new look of the summer"

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Before I started season three, the first thing I saw on twitter was a headline saying "Hopper's outfit this season is the new look of the summer"

Between the shirt and the 'stash, Hopper was exactly my dad from literally 1985.

They nailed the costumes and the set design from the era perfectly. The mall specifically was ridiculously on point.

Reactions: branch and coladin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
f*ck the Hawaiian shirt look
Cuf4SAzWYAAZtHV.jpg

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Between the shirt and the 'stash, Hopper was exactly my dad from literally 1985.

They nailed the costumes and the set design from the era perfectly. The mall specifically was ridiculously on point.
The hairstyles too. My daughter can’t believe what she watched was the way I grew up! Those awful cars too.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I’m not sure if this the right thread to post this, but here goes. I normally use my i-phone to check this site. Things were good until a few months ago until I started seeing a dozen or so click-bait ads at the bottom of the webpage. Yesterday I noticed that, half-way down the webpage, the posts would get covered up by ads and I would have to click “read more” to see the rest of the thread.

Anyone else experiencing this? How do I get rid of the ads? Thanks.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I’m not sure if this the right thread to post this, but here goes. I normally use my i-phone to check this site. Things were good until a few months ago until I started seeing a dozen or so click-bait ads at the bottom of the webpage. Yesterday I noticed that, half-way down the webpage, the posts would get covered up by ads and I would have to click “read more” to see the rest of the thread.

Support

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Go post a report of the issue on the sipport thread

Support

Include the following

1. Location/Country:
2. Device (desktop/mobile/operating system:
3. Browser:
4. Company/product of ad.: .
5. A screen shot if possible,:.
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.:
7. Page/Pages affected:
8. Date and Time of occurrence.:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

You would like this series then. Take a trip down nostalgia road. This dude just goes to dead malls that are stuck in 1985.

This is Dan Bell.

Reactions: BonkTastic

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

Sometimes the read more button doesn’t even appear!

Then there’s the “glitch” where JavaScript is used to hide your keyboard as you are typing making you “accidentally” press the ads.

Pretty horrendous tactics being used.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You would like this series then. Take a trip down nostalgia road. This dude just goes to dead malls that are stuck in 1985.

This is Dan Bell.

...just been cruising around some of those videos.....talk about a waste! So many big shopping malls that are still in pretty good shape. Makes you wonder why they can't be re-purposed.

Reactions: branch

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
...just been cruising around some of those videos.....talk about a waste! So many big shopping malls that are still in pretty good shape. Makes you wonder why they can't be re-purposed.
A lot of them are in dead cities with no economy left, it's pretty bad

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Sometimes the read more button doesn’t even appear!

Then there’s the “glitch” where JavaScript is used to hide your keyboard as you are typing making you “accidentally” press the ads.

Pretty horrendous tactics being used.
Then they ask you to disable adblocker they want the ad revenue for your clicks...I said no thanks lol

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I think there will be a big decline for malls in Canada sooner than later as well. Big Box failures coming soon to a theatre near you.

It has been way over done. The new laws that I foresee regarding plastics, and cheap goods is going to be gone in less than 20 years.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I think there will be a big decline for malls in Canada sooner than later as well. Big Box failures coming soon to a theatre near you.

It has been way over done. The new laws that I foresee regarding plastics, and cheap goods is going to be gone in less than 20 years.
There will always be the 'designer' malls like Rideau and Yorkdale because the luxury stores will keep it in business, I have a hard time seeing many people buying a $20,000 Tiffany ring for example online without seeing it in person.

The eight billion outlet malls that have popped up? Good luck to them. Much cheaper to store your products in a warehouse in the burbs where they don't pay mall fees and tax rates are lesser, and then selling online.

Reactions: Variable26

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
There will always be the 'designer' malls like Rideau and Eaton centre because the luxury stores will keep it in business, I have a hard time seeing many people buying a $20,000 Tiffany ring for example online without seeing it in person.

The eight billion outlet malls that have popped up? Good luck to them. Much cheaper to store your products in a warehouse in the burbs where they don't pay mall fees and tax rates are lesser and selling online.

For sure. Some malls are still tourist attractions too. It is just been over done, IMO.

I notice even here that some around me are pretty empty on weekends.

Craziest thing I ever saw was the biggest in the world. There must have been 100 shoppers in the whole place when I went there on a Saturday a few years ago. (half were probably following us around... :sarcasm:)

China opens the biggest stand-alone building in the world

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A lot of them are in dead cities with no economy left, it's pretty bad

This one in Cincinnati is really amazing. Still looks in good shape, too. 1.4 (iirc) million square feet. So much could've been done with that building. Turn it into a school, or make apartments, or find some sort of decent anchor tenant to bring in people.

Oh, and a sweeeeeeet arcade. $5 for an hour, or $7 for an entire day of gaming. I would've lived there as a kid (and as an adult if I didn't have to work for a living).

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

This one in Cincinnati is really amazing. Still looks in good shape, too. 1.4 (iirc) million square feet. So much could've been done with that building. Turn it into a school, or make apartments, or find some sort of decent anchor tenant to bring in people.

Oh, and a sweeeeeeet arcade. $5 for an hour, or $7 for an entire day of gaming. I would've lived there as a kid (and as an adult if I didn't have to work for a living).

there's this one in Florida but I forget what it's called. But it's unreal. It has this massive canvas tent roof thing like 100' tall. The foodcourt is bathed in natural light and apparently when it rains the sound is incredible. But it's completely empty and as per usual, it has a Bon-Ton and a JC Penney.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's a lesson in not looking too trendy. If you go with the fads, you always will look back and say "holy **** look how ridiculous I looked".
She howled at the bikes with a banana seat. She thought it was just for the show until I found a pic of mine lol

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
O don't understand the allure of strip malls. Every suburb has so many that pop up while the older ones have no Tennant's. Innes road in Orleans is a prime example.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The downside of the failure of retail is that in all these new housing developments, you never see a small retail /entertainment area built... Which then further increases reliance on cars especially if you are looking at detached housing.

To me personally, having a couple restaurants/sports bar, a grocery store, a pharmacy, etc all within walking distance is part of building a sustainable community neighborhood.

But I play hockey with a couple developers in my area and they straight up say there's no money in retail development for those areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->