OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Do you have issues with not being able to update the OS?

Yes.

But it's been relegated to near Chromebook levels of productivity. Just basic word/excel/finance/email tasks. So "going strong" is relative, but for a laptop I'm extremely pleased with it's longevity.

My wife has a work laptop and a desktop iMac she uses for photoshop/lightroom.

Reactions: Variable26

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
My girlfriend got a message over Linkdn to interview for a manager in HR at CTC. Part of me is like "hell no don't go into that abyss of employment", the other is like "oh wow, I can get some juicey gossip if she gets that job".

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
My girlfriend got a message over Linkdn to interview for a manager in HR at CTC. Part of me is like "hell no don't go into that abyss of employment", the other is like "oh wow, I can get some juicey gossip if she gets that job".

Even the interview/process could garner some interesting insight to the goings on over there as I assume it would be conducted by Eugene, Pierre or Boro as the only admin staff left in the org.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
... That's not a Matchbox 20 song.
Look, in the real world, not everything can be tied back to matchbox twenty. Qward can't just push aside his life to make puns, I'm sure he'd be overjoyed if he could, but it would be to his downfall. These hard times are affecting us all and he isn't getting any hand me downs, so he has to hang in there and not let anything be a crutch. There is no rest stop on the train of life, and sometimes you just feel the need to put your hands up and give up, but all I need is a kody box and and internet connection so I can forget these hard times. so when it's 3AM and if you're gone by then, I'll just keep coming here to see the bed of lies this mad season has made for us...

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I remember when I was a kid and Matchbox 20 was dominating the radio, every station seemed to have them on 24/7, at least my parents stations that I had to listen to in the car.

Good times.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The Ottawa Sun might have sunk to a new low by publishing an article by Don Brennan about he and his son playing in the Ottawa Sun's golf tournament.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The Ottawa Sun might have sunk to a new low by publishing an article by Don Brennan about he and his son playing in the Ottawa Sun's golf tournament.

People like to complain that the internet is killing newspapers, but I'd like to point out that newspapers are doing a pretty good job of self-sabotage when left to their own devices, free of the influences of the evil interwebs.

This probably isn't the worst Brennan / Sun article though. Remember that time he wrote an article about his balls?

Reactions: 18Hossa

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
People like to complain that the internet is killing newspapers, but I'd like to point out that newspapers are doing a pretty good job of self-sabotage when left to their own devices, free of the influences of the evil interwebs.

This probably isn't the worst Brennan / Sun article though. Remember that time he wrote an article about his balls?

This latest article is basically about his balls

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Your first paragraph is exactly what I thought. This what is killing newspapers.

He wrote an article about that? Are newspapers allowed to publish fiction? I must have blacked it out from the trauma it inflected.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Your first paragraph is exactly what I thought. This what is killing newspapers.

He wrote an article about that? Are newspapers allowed to publish fiction? I must have blacked it out from the trauma it inflected.
There's no way I'm looking it up, but if memory serves the opening line was "Why is Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke so interested in my package?"

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
There's no way I'm looking it up, but if memory serves the opening line was "Why is Pittsburgh Penguins forward Matt Cooke so interested in my package?"

Article could be aptly titled: Stupid journalist is stupid

In reality, it was probably titled: 5 Things Matt Cooke wants to know about my package, number 4 will astound you!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I guarantee you would not dislike our cat! She is pretty much a low maintenance dog.

She scratches at the door to go out on the front porch, she begs for food, when she hears my car horn go off when I am getting home from work she runs to the front door and waits for me to open it. She also likes to play pranks on me and hide around corners and when I walk by she will jump out and yell to scare me. She also loves to cuddle and just chill by you, whenever I am reading on the couch she will sit on the back and just casually hang out next to me.

I was never a huge cat person until we got this cat, she might be the coolest funniest animal I have ever had.

I am a cat guy as well. The kids adore him and his miniature lion features. He is also very big, like, Maine Coon big. Didn’t know what we we were getting from Pet Valu, but he is 22lbs and stretches to over 100cm

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I am a cat guy as well. The kids adore him and his miniature lion features. He is also very big, like, Maine Coon big. Didn’t know what we we were getting from Pet Valu, but he is 22lbs and stretches to over 100cm
Pics needed

Reactions: DrEasy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

If the body alone stretches to 100 cm, that's definitely a Maine Coon. I don't think any other breed (except for the savannah, and your wallet would know if you had shelled out $10k for a cat) is anywhere near that length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad