OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
He is an Aussie Shepherd. I dislike cats. A lot.

I am reinstalling WoW on my computer and it is 50 gigs. I was downloading at like 2mbs and so I brought it into work. 15mbs. Use their internet and not mine lol.
My internet at work is garbage. Two different networks, one of them isn't really meant to download (Nor would I suggest it to others) as it's a corporate network. Their Wifi is also mainly for video conferencing and network related programs/sites. Cellphone usage, YouTube alone can't really be run without buffering issues.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I am reinstalling WoW on my computer and it is 50 gigs. I was downloading at like 2mbs and so I brought it into work. 15mbs. Use their internet and not mine lol.

I guarantee you would not dislike our cat! She is pretty much a low maintenance dog.

She scratches at the door to go out on the front porch, she begs for food, when she hears my car horn go off when I am getting home from work she runs to the front door and waits for me to open it. She also likes to play pranks on me and hide around corners and when I walk by she will jump out and yell to scare me. She also loves to cuddle and just chill by you, whenever I am reading on the couch she will sit on the back and just casually hang out next to me.

I was never a huge cat person until we got this cat, she might be the coolest funniest animal I have ever had.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Getting up for WoW classic? I played on the stress test over the weekend....oh my, the memories! Definitely kindled a fire to play classic once it goes live.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Getting up for WoW classic? I played on the stress test over the weekend....oh my, the memories! Definitely kindled a fire to play classic once it goes live.

Yup. Only reason I am putting it back on. Reserved my name. Just not sure what server my old friends will be on. A bunch of servers are already listed at full.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yup. Only reason I am putting it back on. Reserved my name. Just not sure what server my old friends will be on. A bunch of servers are already listed at full.

The rush to reserve names was insane. Servers were crashing left and right...didn't get in for over an hour. Missed out on the two names I wanted, but thats ok. It's nice knowing the servers are going to have a lot of interest when it goes live.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Pets are just child analogs for adults who don't have kids, or litmus tests to see how responsible your actual human kids are.

I mean... Assuming you don't live on a farm or something.

Probably true.

But there are lots of people who genuinely love animals. And others who feel that the most responsible thing we can do for the planet is not pump out more humans. Some people just can't stand children.

Lots of reasons to have animals and not kids, or some combination of both.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did I miss the sale on Corvettes?

Everywhere you go you see one.

I keep seeing a Maclaren (the same one). At the Shoppers drug-mart, at the Moxies, on 417. Either he's stalking me or I'm stalking him... not sure which one though so I'm pretty anxious right now.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Two weeks away from these boards really improved my overall mood.
Removing Reddit from my life did as well.

inb4, well why did you return? Good question.

Reactions: saskriders

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Two weeks away from these boards really improved my overall mood.
Removing Reddit from my life did as well.

inb4, well why did you return? Good question.

Good to hear you are back!

BTW - checked out all the apple warranty stuff for my wife's laptop that you mention to me a while back.

It is not good for any. :( Selling them both for parts... :thumbu:

Thanks for the tip though!

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Good to hear you are back!

BTW - checked out all the apple warranty stuff for my wife's laptop that you mention to me a while back.

It is not good for any. :( Selling them both for parts... :thumbu:

Thanks for the tip though!
Thank you.

That's too bad, sorry for the bad tip, I guess it was out of the 4 year keyboard-fix range? Apple usually has excellent service but why an inherently faulty design is limited to a 4 year repair window is deemed acceptable by them is beyond me.

Interestingly my MacBook Pro 2017 is in at Apple right now getting the keyboard repaired. Using an old 2013 MBA for work right now with only 4gb of RAM which doesn't cover it for my line of work but I'm making due with slowdowns from RAM/SDD memory swapping taking place as I run my work software.

The keyboards in the new Macs are one of the worst engineered designs I've ever heard of, the technician told me the keyboard replacement includes:
- New aluminum top case
- New keyboard
- New battery (thankful for this as my battery was on it's last legs as well)
- New track pad

All in all a $600 repair to fix $20 in faulty key switches.

The rumour is Apple is switching back to their old keyboard design starting with a new Mac design released this fall, might have to upgrade my work laptop for reliablity reasons if they do.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Thank you.

That's too bad, sorry for the bad tip, I guess it was out of the 4 year keyboard-fix range? Apple usually has excellent service but why an inherently faulty design is limited to a 4 year repair window is deemed acceptable by them is beyond me.

Interestingly my MacBook Pro 2017 is in at Apple right now getting the keyboard repaired. Using an old 2013 MBA for work right now with only 4gb of RAM which doesn't cover it for my line of work but I'm making due with slowdowns from RAM/SDD memory swapping taking place as I run my work software.

The keyboards in the new Macs are one of the worst engineered designs I've ever heard of, the technician told me the keyboard replacement includes:
- New aluminum top case
- New keyboard
- New battery (thankful for this as my battery was on it's last legs as well)
- New track pad

All in all a $600 repair to fix $20 in faulty key switches.

The rumour is Apple is switching back to their old keyboard design starting with a new Mac design released this fall, might have to upgrade my work laptop for reliablity reasons if they do.

All good.

My wife started a new job recently and got a new Macbook Pro out of it.

I am so cheap that I bought a new SSD and some RAM for my 10 year old i7 920 build.

Going to install this week and see how many more years i can get out of it. :laugh:

Only thing I have upgraded on this thing since 2009 was the video card. Best build i ever did. :DD

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
All good.

My wife started a new job recently and got a new Macbook Pro out of it.

I am so cheap that I bought a new SSD and some RAM for my 10 year old i7 920 build.

Going to install this week and see how many more years i can get out of it. :laugh:

Only thing I have upgraded on this thing since 2009 was the video card. Best build i ever did. :DD

The biggest upgrade you can do to an old computer is upgrading the primary HDD to an SSD, really breaths new life into it, and the old HDD can be changed to a backup drive

A decade old i7 should have no issues with anything nowadays except for gaming and video editing, should even be able to run complex CAD just fine if your graphics card is half decent.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The biggest upgrade you can do to an old computer is upgrading the primary HDD to an SSD, really breaths new life into it, and the old HDD can be changed to a backup drive

A decade old i7 should have no issues with anything nowadays except for gaming and video editing, should even be able to run complex CAD just fine if your graphics card is half decent.

Still using a 2009 MacBook Pro. Swapped in a SSD. Going strong.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Was about to buy Rob Thomas tickets for this Friday night and just saw that the show has been cancelled. Bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad