OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I was in Washington (at the opera) when CNN started showing the push against the Wall. I flew over directly and the first thing I noticed on the East side were people “renting” out hammers so you could get your own piece. Capitalism in its infancy. Everyone was so excited, so proud of what was happening. I still have my pieces and treasure the process as much as the result.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Was actually there for several days. Stayed on the East side, a couple of blocks away from Brandenburg Gate. Nobody was sleeping. Apart from the Western guys in their expensive cars trolling for Eastern ladies, it was a true moment of positive change that people were embracing. Watching former enemies hug it out, family members searching out and meeting to reconnect, even the food and T-shirt vendors popping up to look out for tourists. And the guards being helpful to both sides and realizing it felt good. Very special.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was living in Germany from 86-90.

Exciting time to be there.

Like everyone else, I also got a piece of the wall.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Was in Munich for 6 hours yesterday... good beer and pretzels.

I really like Germany. If I could speak the language I would move there in a heartbeat. So well setup IMO.

I was admiring the details of simple engineering of things there seems miles ahead of everything. You see the detail the put into everything there.

I would be interested to ask you, as someone who lived there, is everything better there? Even the way the cities are laid out, it looks better.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
That car would survive about 10 minutes intact anywhere in sw Ontario
Three years ago, maybe. Now people will see the car and feel bad for the driver. Giving them a wide birth. They will ask them if they have a go fund me account set up to cover repairs.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Was in Munich for 6 hours yesterday... good beer and pretzels.

I really like Germany. If I could speak the language I would move there in a heartbeat. So well setup IMO.

I was admiring the details of simple engineering of things there seems miles ahead of everything. You see the detail the put into everything there.

I would be interested to ask you, as someone who lived there, is everything better there? Even the way the cities are laid out, it looks better.

I've spent a bit of time around Friedrichshafen and some of the small villages nearby. I like Germany a lot and would have no qualms moving there, though apparently the school system is a bit odd for children especially if they've started in the NA system.

Also the friends I've made there, and related to the school system... Contemplating a change in career or going back to study something different as an adult is a completely alien concept.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Lived there from 1966 until 1973.

Remember August 20th, 1968, very well ......... tense times.

SensPerpetualRebuild

Yelnats Puc
Jul 31, 2009
Here Are All of Disney's Upcoming Live-Action Remakes

Disney has to be the worst thing to happen to movies over the past few years. Enough with the remakes / reboots already! I get they're probably raking in the cash for each of these. But creativity in the movie industry has to be at an all-time low...says me without actually looking up any tangible evidence :teach2:

Personally, I think Marvel is. But I’m sure few would agree with me.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
never understood denying loans to kids that have parents with money. They are more likely to repay those loans.

Because the provincial government just doesn't have the money to give every single student in Ontario an interest-free loan for post-secondary tuition.

Therefore, the money goes to people who need it most. It exists so that people whose life situations might be stuck in a poverty circle have a chance to escape it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Cool. My cousins are currently scamming money out of OSAP. ****ing crooks.

You know, in many cases the government offers rewards for turning in info on that sort of stuff. Might be worth looking into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad