OT: Sens Lounge CIII | Stranger Things Fashion Debate Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Yes

Totally forgot about Magnotta, but that was international.

I don’t think they’re masterminds, but people that believe they’re in that mind set or very clever. None of it really correlates yet.

Pickton was caught red handed. He never ran, just did his best to hide in plain sight.

I was not alive or too young to remember Bernardo and Homolka but they lured their victims and then got caught by one who escaped, correct? No man hunt really.

This is the first time I remember two wanted fugitives on the run in Canada accused of committing crimes of this nature. The whole country is a little on edge.

We catch serial killers all the time, and they’re much more common than we’d like to believe. But this story is a first for me.

The whole country is not on edge.

Im a uniform and we a get a BOLO and "not believed to be anywhere near us, we will let you know if anything changes. Go about your regular duties."

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The whole country is not on edge.

Im a uniform and we a get a BOLO and "not believed to be anywhere near us, we will let you know if anything changes. Go about your regular duties."

Yeah probably a better chance of being hit by lightening than running into those two.

Besides, with there pictures and videos everywhere they're not going to be on the run for long unless they issolate in the woods. Put that camo outfit of his to some use.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
It is on the BBC and CNN. ;)

Anyhow, I think it has huge media as these kids are planning to go out with a bang and the media wants to be there because that **** sells.

I can officially confirm that this news story has come to the Czech Republic as of NOW :)

Reactions: Variable26

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It's been too long. Netflix's real top tier show is back.

Couldn't get into this. I don't like the 2 male leads. The young guy is annoying and the old guy takes the "cliche gruff jaded police detective" to another level.

Every now and then you see stuff that really breaks immersion. Why does the lead dude look like he just came from a GQ shoot with a tailored suit in 2019? He should look like Ron Burgundy. Then there's the female professor who looks like Claire Underwood in 2015. She should look like Farrah Fawcett with feathered hair.

6/10 for me.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
have you ever noticed when you are driving, if you slow down and stop so a pedestrian can cross the road and they are crossing from the other side, they start off with a little jog but slow down to a walk once they reach your side of the road?

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
have you ever noticed when you are driving, if you slow down and stop so a pedestrian can cross the road and they are crossing from the other side, they start off with a little jog but slow down to a walk once they reach your side of the road?

"Oh they are stopping for me! Thanks! Better hurry." Starts jogging.
"Oh I bet I look ugly when I jog, they can't run me over anyway." Starts walking.

fin.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Where the kid was killed on Jeanne D'arc they need to put a speed bump just before the pedestrian crossing. The way the street is designed it allows for cars to speed up while on Jeanne D'arc when making a right to the on ramp of highway 17 westbound. Still the sidewalk is visible the whole time but there is no impedance for traffic. Putting a speed bump would force drivers to slow down and in turn give them more reaction time to allows people to cross.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
"Oh they are stopping for me! Thanks! Better hurry." Starts jogging.
"Oh I bet I look ugly when I jog, they can't run me over anyway." Starts walking.

fin.
Got a good laugh from this. And It’s probably exactly the reason most times.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007

I think it's because if you start at a jog, you are acknowledging that the driver has stopped for you, and you are showing appreciation by wanting to cut down the amount of time they have to wait... but then after a few steps you realize you aren't obligated to run so you go, "Eh, I tried. Have a nice day."

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think it's because if you start at a jog, you are acknowledging that the driver has stopped for you, and you are showing appreciation by wanting to cut down the amount of time they have to wait... but then after a few steps you realize you aren't obligated to run so you go, "Eh, I tried. Have a nice day."

That's exactly it

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Where the kid was killed on Jeanne D'arc they need to put a speed bump just before the pedestrian crossing. The way the street is designed it allows for cars to speed up while on Jeanne D'arc when making a right to the on ramp of highway 17 westbound. Still the sidewalk is visible the whole time but there is no impedance for traffic. Putting a speed bump would force drivers to slow down and in turn give them more reaction time to allows people to cross.
I'm calling this one in advance because its driven me nuts for years but someone is going to get killed at the Teron bus station in Kanata. People j walk where those stops are all the time and some cars come through there going 100 after coming off the highway and trying to make the light to go down Campeau. They need to move the stops to where the lights are at Teron/Campeau instead of so far down the road where it's really inconvenient to walk back and cross OR put a cross walk where the stops are.

Also on Centrepoint right in front of the high school, there's a 3 way intersection there that needs stop signs for each direction. People RIP around that corner way to fast and you can't see what's around the bend. I've seen moms with strollers nearly get killed there multiple times.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Cesky Krumlov is really cool, and I had never even heard of it before today.

Hey, I didn't know you were coming through the Czech Republic! Yeah, Krumlov is great, though the amount of tourists gets craazy there in the summer. And in the nineties it was still basically all falling apart. You coming through Prague at all?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Hey, I didn't know you were coming through the Czech Republic! Yeah, Krumlov is great, though the amount of tourists gets craazy there in the summer. And in the nineties it was still basically all falling apart. You coming through Prague at all?

Was in Prague for two nights, on the way to Munich now.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
A camp site outside of the city centre.

Cool, you mind if I ask where? Only camp site I can think of within the city limits is like on Císařská louka, but I kind of think of that more as a caravan camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad