GDT: Sens at Leafs- 7pm SNO Open the Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Wouldnt surprise me to see Hutch work a shutout. 4-0 or 5-0.

When everyone expects the worse expect the Leafs as a team to shut everything down.

4233dd784f4dfd5d62f4001526d10465.jpg

:laugh:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Please no Marincin. We have too much depth that's much better than him. Why is he still around?
Exactly. Lehtonen scored two assists in his last game played and hasn’t been in the lineup since... and instead Marincin is gonna get to play? I don’t see it

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Supposedly he keeps the youngsters on the farm and is a solid team guy who is fine with getting recalled/demoted 50x a season. Really wish they could find a more capable defenceman to play this role.
Ron Hainsey would be nice if he’d be willing to take on that role, probably looking for a better shot of actually getting into games tho

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Petan provided a nice spark against a bad Vancouver team when he came into the line up.

Maybe he can help with the fourth line and get them buzzing a bit more again.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Keefe relying on Bogo and Brodie at the end there to protect the one goal lead last night seems to suggest Keefe trusts Bogo a lot more
Honestly, it makes sense to me. When I say that he's been wobbly, I still think he's been a quality third pairing defenseman and I don't question his defensive responsibilities at all. He's only been a little wobbly on his outlet passing and holding bluelines. I have no problem leaving him in the lineup, I think our top6 have been extremely praise-worthy. Rielly is the only one struggling defensively and I still think that narrative is wayyyyyyyyy overblown right now.

Reactions: PromisedLand

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Keefe relied very heavily on Marincin all the way to calder cup win. And with his birthday today...

welll happy birthday marincin and congrats on your season debut with the leafs tonight

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

I mean from a morale perspective I don't hate it. Players appreciate that kind of thing. I'd like to see Lehtonen get in some more games though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Honestly, it makes sense to me. When I say that he's been wobbly, I still think he's been a quality third pairing defenseman and I don't question his defensive responsibilities at all. He's only been a little wobbly on his outlet passing and holding bluelines. I have no problem leaving him in the lineup, I think our top6 have been extremely praise-worthy. Rielly is the only one struggling defensively and I still think that narrative is wayyyyyyyyy overblown right now.

Yeah, Bogo been solid.

I’m fine with him getting a rest tonight though. Will need him more than that Habs, and hopefully we can try out a Dermott-Lehtonen third pair for the first time

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
Bogo needs a rest, that is fine with me. But the thought of both Marincin and Hutch playing tonight, might as well give the Sens the win (would love to be wrong, but this is how much confidence I have in both players)

Reactions: supermann_98

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
You unquestionably have to rest Freddy Andersen. There's no reason to play him in back to back games against the worst team (standings wise).

If Hutch is capable of being in a crease for 60 minutes, then he's the starter tonight. It would be crazy to play Andersen into the ground in a season like this.

They already blew the first game against the Suckators even with Andersen in net, do we really want to hand them the third on a silver platter?

Two of the Sens wins have come against the Leafs, I don't want this to be their third. If Hutch plays they might as well rest a bunch of guys and bring up the entire taxi squad because playing Hutch is conceding defeat.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Playing 5 in 8 against a rested Hab team is going to be tough. Old guys should all take a break. Guys looking to get into the lineup should provide some spark for a team who has played a lot of hockey over the last month.

Soup Mathews Marner
Hyman Tavares Nylander
Gally. Kerfoot. Engvall
Petan. Boyd. Anderson

Rielly. Brodie
Muzzin. Holl
Dermott Lehtonen
What would you do with Thornton, Vesey, Spezza and Bogosian?

Only three of them would fit on a 23-man roster, and even fewer under the cap.

The others would have to go on waivers.

Which ones would you waive?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I agree with the notion of giving the older guys a rest tonight. Saturday is more important.

Aside from Andersen, I would also give Bogosian, Thornton, and Spezza the night off and plug in the taxi squad guys. It might give us a spark.

Reactions: Lumberg

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Galchenyuk-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Robertson-Boyd-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Lehtonen

Hutchinson

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Robertson-Boyd-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Lehtonen

Hutchinson

Robertson and Anderson aren't on the taxi squad. Replace them with Barabanov and Petan and it's possible that's the lineup we see.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Robertson-Boyd-Anderson

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Lehtonen

Hutchinson

First round draft picks line
3rd overall, 1st overall, 8th overall.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
What would you do with Thornton, Vesey, Spezza and Bogosian?

Only three of them would fit on a 23-man roster, and even fewer under the cap.

The others would have to go on waivers.

Which ones would you waive?

Didn't think that far ahead. Forgot about the waiver issues going to the taxi squad.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Eichel ($10M cap hit): 2 goals (11 points)
Skinner ($9M): 0 goals (1 point)
Hall ($8M): 1 goal, (9 points)
Okposo ($6M): 0 goals (0 points)
Reinhart ($5.2M): 3 goals (7 points)
$38.2 million has so far bought 6 goals and 28 points.

As much as we fuss over the Leafs top 4, it could be worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland