GDT: Sens at Leafs- 7pm SNO Open the Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If it were me Freddy starts tonight, does not practice tomorrow, he starts Saturday, does not practice Sunday. Campbell should be back next week, if Campbell is good to go by Monday then he goes Monday and Wednesday, if he can't go until Wednesday he goes Wednesday and Saturday.

Campbell gets 2 or 3 straight starts when he returns and THAT is when you rest Freddy.

I don't think we can risk injuring Freddy. Also, just coming back off injury, I don't think it's a good idea to throw Campbell out for three straight either, for the same reason. Freddy should sit tonight.

Reactions: banks and Buds17

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I have a very hard time believing Galchenyuk will be worse than Vesey.

Vesey has been given plenty of opportunity and he seems to have lost it mentally.

There is absolutely NO reason a player with his tools shouldn't score 10+ goals on this team...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Vesey has been given plenty of opportunity and he seems to have lost it mentally.

There is absolutely NO reason a player with his tools shouldn't score 10+ goals on this team...

I was hard on Vesey but he's done much better in a 4th line role and some PK reps. He's still very much a "meh" player but I feel much more comfortable with him away from top offensive roles.

With that said, Galchenyuk getting a shot tonight would be fine. I also hope Petan draws back in.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

Vesey isn’t very good. He is replacement level at best. There are several players on waivers each year that will give you the value that Vesey brings each night.

But all that said, he is still better than what Galchenyuk has been for a while now. Vesey won’t help you much but he won’t hurt you much either on the 4th line and he is a decent penalty killer.
Galy is a defensive black hole. Yes he has more offensive ability but being a defensive liability on the bottom 6 could hurt the team more than help them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, did I miss an injury? Why is Marincin a possibility all of a sudden?

I am assuming people are wondering if Bogo will get a night off and Marincin will come in due to his ability to play PK.

But I don’t think Bogo is getting a night off. There’s been no indication.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think we can risk injuring Freddy. Also, just coming back off injury, I don't think it's a good idea to throw Campbell out for three straight either, for the same reason. Freddy should sit tonight.

I would agree if the current backup goalie wasn't Michael Hutchinson, we have seen that movie, it sucks, it's arguably the worst Leaf movie of all time I don't want to see it again I know how it ends, it leaves everybody pissed off even with a good ending.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I would agree if the current backup goalie wasn't Michael Hutchinson, we have seen that movie, it sucks, it's arguably the worst Leaf movie of all time I don't want to see it again I know how it ends, it leaves everybody pissed ofg even with a good ending.

So you'd prefer to put Andersen at greater risk of injury, and be stuck with Hutch as the starting goalie for the next stretch, if Campbell isn't ready? It could be Woll in net too... who knows.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I would agree if the current backup goalie wasn't Michael Hutchinson, we have seen that movie, it sucks, it's arguably the worst Leaf movie of all time I don't want to see it again I know how it ends, it leaves everybody pissed off even with a good ending.
We are in a position where we don't need the points though. Forgetting the last 2 games, we should still be the favorite against Sens if we play well. Freddy should get some rest.

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We are in a position where we don't need the points though. Even with Hutch we should still be the favorite against Sens if we play well. Freddy should get some rest.

We are the only game in the North tonight, these are the points I want the most, win tonight and we aee up 8 points or more on everybody, if they finish the month strong they could pretty much have the division locked up by March

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

No I think it's just you

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I was leaning towards Andersen again but smart play is Hutch.
Wouldn't mind Woll honestly though.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Pretty obvious to start Hutch. Andy's had a heavy workload, and he's started 3 games in the last 5 days. I could live with Woll too, because why not give the kid a game before Campbell comes back and Woll goes to the AHL. Hutch could do in a spot start.

With a game against Montreal looming on Saturday, getting him a bit of rest would help keep him sharp.

Despite some wobbles with Ottawa this season, the Leafs are still plenty good enough to win in a lesser goalie even if it's a shootout. The players just need to step it up with an extra effort tonight.

Besides we're still early enough in the condensed schedule where load maintenance is important and the Leafs have opened a 6 point lead in the division. That's great even with Montreal having a couple of games in hand.

Get at least a point, if not two, tonight and win on Saturday and that will open up a nice cushion.

Reactions: Fogelhund

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

They gave Vesey those opportunities because they clearly saw something with him. He clearly hasn't been able to live up to it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Ok, but I mean it’s not crucial. I am sure players and coaches can see the forest through the trees. IT’s not about any one game in the regular season, it’s about being ready come mid may when playoffs start.
It might not be crucial, but you can't be thinking well it doesn't matter. You still need to try to win games especially against weak teams. BTW I am in the Hutch start camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad