GDT: Sens at Leafs- 7pm SNO Open the Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
I’d rather see Joe Woll get a start than Hutchinson
Agree with this completely. I have come to a conclusion that the reason goalie development is such Voodoo is because they never get playing time against the best unlike forwards and defensemen. European goalies are the ones who are becoming NHL starters because they are playing in top 5 pro leagues when they are 16-20 which is allowing them to develop.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
In case any one forgot, it’s Marincin’s birthday today. Maybe he’ll play because of that?
When I went to double check his birthday I noticed that Marincin is 6ft5. Somehow I never realized this despite watching nearly every Leafs game for the past few years, which says a lot about his play style as a defensemen.

seriously though, I’d rather start Andersen back to back or give Woll a shot than play Hutchinson. My confidence in him is that shook. And Andersen hasn’t even done a lot to inspire confidence this season.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Just wondering the worst case scenarios for starting either goalie

Hutch - plays poorly and needs to be replaced by a rookie goalie coming in cold

Woll - plays poorly and needs to be replaced by a veteran backup goalie that is accustomed to being in this kind of situation

With the coach trying to find the best players to play each night, it’s really something that Hutch still hasn’t inspired confidence even after all this time

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Just wondering the worst case scenarios for starting either goalie

Hutch - plays poorly and needs to be replaced by a rookie goalie coming in cold

Woll - plays poorly and needs to be replaced by a veteran backup goalie that is accustomed to being in this kind of situation
Exactly. Start Woll

Reactions: Fogelhund

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
It's not really your typical back-to-back scenario --we're playing a tired Sens team too.

I'd let the backup play and rest/save Andersen for the Habs game on Sat.

Reactions: cookie

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I know last year with Hutchinson was a disaster but..
- He had a strong playoff with Colorado
- His career numbers are pretty good for a backup 2.80GGA, .905SV%

He's shown he can be a decent NHL backup, might as well give him a shot.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
As horrible as Hutch was last season for The leafs, Woll was worse playing for the Marlies.
People must have short memories of the Kaskisuo start last year and he was worlds better than Woll with the Marlies.

Hutch was brought in to be the 3rd goalie. The 3rd goalie is needed, lets see what he has.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
It's not really your typical back-to-back scenario --we're playing a tired Sens team too.

I'd let the backup play and rest/save Andersen for the Habs game on Sat.
Good point on that - maybe part of the reason why the Sens only had one scoring chance during 5v5 play in the third period last game is due to them coming out in full force and then fizzling out.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
As horrible as Hutch was last season for The leafs, Woll was worse playing for the Marlies.
People must have short memories of the Kaskisuo start last year and he was worlds better than Woll with the Marlies.

Hutch was brought in to be the 3rd goalie. The 3rd goalie is needed, lets see what he has.
Woll I have heard from few days he has been skating with team has improved his odd man shot positioning play ... he was bad last year because he committed too aggressively to da shooters and in pro hockey his ultra quick athletic reflexes are not fast enough with too many guys who can pass ... so he is playing a little deeper in blue ice and not getting beat like last year ... what you will see with Woll is he is our best 1 on 1 goalie we have had since Cujo ... his breakaway stops are legendary ... Mitch can't score on him ever

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Woll I have heard from few days he has been skating with team has improved his odd man shot positioning play ... he was bad last year because he committed too aggressively to da shooters and in pro hockey his ultra quick athletic reflexes are not fast enough with too many guys who can pass ... so he is playing a little deeper in blue ice and not getting beat like last year ... what you will see with Woll is he is our best 1 on 1 goalie we have had since Cujo ... his breakaway stops are legendary ... Mitch can't score on him ever
That's a really nice analysis. Where did you hear this? I really want this kid to succeed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad