GDT: Sens at Leafs- 7pm SNO Open the Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
If people wanna lose their minds over a regular season game on February 18th, go ahead.
upload_2021-2-18_12-37-51.jpeg

Reactions: keonsbitterness

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That's a really nice analysis. Where did you hear this? I really want this kid to succeed here.
I 1st met kid at a spring hockey tournament in Boston 15 years ago where I was asst coaching a bunch of Toronto kids and we played against his St Louis team coached by Tkachuk and one of his kids was on team too ... since seen him maybe once or twice most springs on same team and then on US development teams ... only reason I remember asking about him was he was only golaer I can recall stopping Mitch on like 10 straight breakaways in 1 game .. basically kid won game completely on his own and we had a team on mostly guys who are nhl or minor pros today ... this is well before anyone knew any of these kids and no one really cared who you were ... but when I asked about this kid I was told he was an underager and i almost sh*t myslef ..since then I have kept an eye on him ... and I watch almost all leaf and marlie games live too as season ticket holder ... and know a few guys who scout and coach still and some guys my 2 sons who play are friends with still ... but we will see if he has learned to correct his over aggressive play at pro level

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
^^ this right here.
Apparently after the loss we are done. Just checkout the mainboards. Lol. It was funny, but it’s now pathetic at what that place has become. That place is in need of competent moderation staff not teenagers with a personality complex.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I’d rather see Joe Woll get a start than Hutchinson

It makes you wonder why we protect our young goalies so much. While seeing guys the same age backing up or atleast getting a few games in other teams

We wont know what we have unless they get a chance to show it..

That would be less stressful then seeing hutch again

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Apparently after the loss we are done. Just checkout the mainboards. Lol. It was funny, but it’s now pathetic at what that place has become. That place is in need of competent moderation staff not teenagers with a personality complex.
i mean if you read our own boards its not THAT much better lol.
but ye, i consider myself very unbiased when it comes to leafs i believe, and i stay far away from main boards usually. its not only that there is an irrational hate, its that ppl goad leafs fans into silly arguments on such a regular basis, any and all threads become so convoluted and off topic thats theres no point reading it lol.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
It's pretty hilarious that Hutch is going to start for this team again. It's like that old The Cat came back cartoon.
im a bit more comfortable having someone like hutch in net with how we have played defensively for the majority of the season so far. we have had some brain farts recently, but overall we have limited high danger chances better than any time in the last 10 years up to this point this year..at least imo

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It makes you wonder why we protect our young goalies so much. While seeing guys the same age backing up or atleast getting a few games in other teams

We wont know what we have unless they get a chance to show it..

That would be less stressful then seeing hutch again
Last thing anyone wants is for a young kid to get lit up his 1st game ... keefer has to be 100% sure in practice he has made necessary corrections ... hard to tell unless you are at rink watching him in tight and assessing at game speed .. more important than 2 points ... da safe bet is Hutch so Freddy not hurt and Woll not lit up ... this game affects nothing

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Thornton - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Galchenyk - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Engvall - Boyd - Sabbourin

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Last thing anyone wants is for a young kid to get lit up his 1st game ... keefer has to be 100% sure in practice he has made necessary corrections ... hard to tell unless you are at rink watching him in tight and assessing at game speed .. more important than 2 points ... da safe bet is Hutch so Freddy not hurt and Woll not lit up ... this game affects nothing
Young goalies are not going to get better without playing against the best. If a goalie can't handle getting lit up, then you know he won't succeed. It's all about mental fortitude, and if they don't have the mentality to forget about a bad game, then just get rid of them.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Yeah starting Hutch gives me the willies a bit but no other choice really. If I remember last year there were some games he was decent and we played like crap.
But while it IS only one game, every game is still huge. Especially when you consider every single game in our division, someone is getting 2 points, and in many cases, one team gets 2 points and the other gets one. So every single game is points against us in the division somewhere and it will be relentless until the last game of the season. Every game we lose, 4 other teams in our division are getting 2 points on us in the standings. Crazy to think about.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Eichel ($10M cap hit): 2 goals (11 points)
Skinner ($9M): 0 goals (1 point)
Hall ($8M): 1 goal, (9 points)
Okposo ($6M): 0 goals (0 points)
Reinhart ($5.2M): 3 goals (7 points)
$38.2 million has so far bought 6 goals and 28 points.

As much as we fuss over the Leafs top 4, it could be worse
Damn Buffalo is where talent goes to die

Reactions: Jojalu

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I never thought I’d see Hutch in our net again. Reminds me of the endless debates about who was better (or worse) between he and Sparkles. Like picking between kale chips and spam.

Just stop the puck and then go away.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I 1st met kid at a spring hockey tournament in Boston 15 years ago where I was asst coaching a bunch of Toronto kids and we played against his St Louis team coached by Tkachuk and one of his kids was on team too ... since seen him maybe once or twice most springs on same team and then on US development teams ... only reason I remember asking about him was he was only golaer I can recall stopping Mitch on like 10 straight breakaways in 1 game .. basically kid won game completely on his own and we had a team on mostly guys who are nhl or minor pros today ... this is well before anyone knew any of these kids and no one really cared who you were ... but when I asked about this kid I was told he was an underager and i almost sh*t myslef ..since then I have kept an eye on him ... and I watch almost all leaf and marlie games live too as season ticket holder ... and know a few guys who scout and coach still and some guys my 2 sons who play are friends with still ... but we will see if he has learned to correct his over aggressive play at pro level
you know who else is real good on breakaways? Malcolm Subban. I think one of the best goalies in the league in shootouts and plus he's from Toronto. Surprised he wasn't picked up.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Damn Buffalo is where talent goes to die
The second they announced that Hall was signing on with Buffalo for a year (with the plan to try free agency again next year), I said "Why? He's probably going to look WORSE. It's not like the Sabres have figured out how to use any of the players they have already."

Looks like I called that one. If I were Taylor Hall, I'd be pushing for a trade, fast, because the longer he sticks around, the less likely it is he gets any kind of decent offer next offseason...

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
It's hilarious we talk about Hutch like he's a echl goalie or something. He played playoff games last year, important ones.

Reactions: meng666

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Is this game going to end up 7-6?

Hogberg hasn't been good this year. First start of the year for Hutch. No Hyman or Bogosian. Playing a back to back. Likely a bunch of sloppy turnovers.

Hopefully it will be entertaining!

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad