GDT: Senators vs Sharks 7:00PM CBC CSNCA "This might Hertl your eyes!!"

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
I just watched the replay of the close up of the Hertl collision several times. I don't think it's a concussion. I think it's either a neck or collar bone injury.

I was just going to post that as well, looks like it easily could be a collar bone because it was a glancing hit right there.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
When I really followed the ins and outs of the sat world (back in 2007, in California, in addition to cable I had Starchoice Canadian Satellite [now Shaw Direct Satellite]. Was great back then when the Sharks played playoff games in Nashville and those games were in SD on CSN, I'd watch the HD TSN feed lol. Dayum I was loaded then paying for cable and canadian sat. Not anymore, since I live in middle of nowhere Texas LOL)...

I used to remember lots of people who lived near the US border who would cross it, buy directv equipment, install at their place in Canada and use a friend/family member's address in the states.

Don't know if this still can be done, but that's what I'd do if I had to move to Canada. Living here in Texas, DirecTV is a god send because I see every Sharks game in HD, and all Sharks feeds (except for national broadcasts and when they play the Stars). Not passing judgment, just relaying observation.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I hope it's not collar bone. Got my tickets for their one and only appearance here in Dallas on Thursday! I want to see Hertl :(

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Epic nickname for our monster line...

Fear The Fin ‏@fearthefin 51m
Unsurprisingly @MegalodonBOC nails it. The Tom, Dick & Hairy Line it is.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Oh, I know. It'll take a while for the refs to get fully used to it, not just the players. I don't think a call like that will be happening in 30 games.

One was empty net. ;)

Empty Netters shouldn't be dismissed so easily, especially as little as the Sharks tend to score them and when he hits 35 you're not gonna be posting, yeah, but he has an empty netter :p:

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Demers on radio postgame interview:

- had a good start but sat back a bit and let the Sens take control of the game
- from the 2nd on, took control of the game
- first time in a bit they've had to hold on to a one-goal lead; change of pace
- shot-blocking d-men and big goalie in Lehner, needed to try to get the shot off fast or look for sticks for a deflection
- team worked on chipping behind D and forechecking all 5 guys
- would be "most underdressed" if wearing his outfit in Montreal

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Darin Stephens ‏@SharksStats 36s
Patrick Marleau with his 10th goal in 16 career games against the Senators (8 in his last 7 games vs Ottawa).

Damn. That's some ownage.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Also, just by the eye test... the 4th line looked terrible for the first time this year. Even before Hertl left and the lines were shaken up.

Really really bad.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Also, just by the eye test... the 4th line looked terrible for the first time this year. Even before Hertl left and the lines were shaken up.

Really really bad.

Thought the same. Pelech wasn't useful against a mobile Sens team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Empty Netters shouldn't be dismissed so easily, especially as little as the Sharks tend to score them and when he hits 35 you're not gonna be posting, yeah, but he has an empty netter :p:

Yeah, I'm just ultra conscious of them today because I was arguing with someone about Milan Lucic and Lucic's "30 goal" season came on the back of 5 empty netters, so he's no 30 goal scorer.

4th line looked pretty bad... Pelech was gross.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Oh, I know. It'll take a while for the refs to get fully used to it, not just the players. I don't think a call like that will be happening in 30 games.

It looked like the right call in my opinion, the linesman just didn't blow the whistle quick enough. You make call at the faceoff dots and blow the whistle then (Wingels and the D were at the dots at the same time). For some reason, the linesman didn't blow the whistle until Wingels got to the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad