GDT: Senators vs Sharks 7:00PM CBC CSNCA "This might Hertl your eyes!!"

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hey guys,

Great game today. Sharks have ridiculous depth offensively and I love Burns, guy loses a pair of teeth and keep smiling.

Love your team, always classy. Exciting game to watch.

Hope Hertl is ok, that kid is dynamiccc

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Damn, some talking head on NHL network was wrong then because that's where I heard it, a tie and you let them race it out.

Wouldn't be the first time an analyst on NHL Network was wrong. :laugh:

But seriously, if you let them race it out from the dots, that completely destroys the point of hybrid icing. It won't prevent any injuries, it'll just save time (for teams who ice the puck near the end of the game).

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA

But seriously, if you let them race it out from the dots, that completely destroys the point of hybrid icing.

Well as it was said by the incorrect talking head, this was to prevent the trailing player from coming in and laying a big hit on the guy who has just touched the puck as punishment for beating him. As explained it made sense, but I guess was wrong.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

But seriously, if you let them race it out from the dots, that completely destroys the point of hybrid icing. It won't prevent any injuries, it'll just save time (for teams who ice the puck near the end of the game).

Hmm, yeah makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, I was under the same impression as lsx.

Okay, so I know most of you don't believe in that Corsi mumbo jumbo, but besides confirming that Boyle and Irwin were a hot mess, the sheet also says the Sharks held Erik Karlsson to a 28% Fenwick Close. That's phenomenal, Karlsson's like a Corsi god and the Sharks made him look like Nick Petrecki.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Hmm, yeah makes sense. Thanks for clarifying, I was under the same impression as lsx.

Okay, so I know most of you don't believe in that Corsi mumbo jumbo, but besides confirming that Boyle and Irwin were a hot mess, the sheet also says the Sharks held Erik Karlsson to a 28% Fenwick Close. That's phenomenal, Karlsson's like a Corsi god and the Sharks made him look like Nick Petrecki.

Karlsson is a great dman..thats great. The Sharks made an effort to be physical on him every chance they got. The same way hes been neutralized in the playoffs.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
2 goals at the end of the 1st almost gave fans a Hertl attack. Our 48 pulled through once again motivating his teammates to victory. :handclap:

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 29s

Saw Hertl leaving the dressing room. He looked fine and was still smiling, for whatever that's worth. #SJSharks

crt

Jul 4, 2012
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 29s

Saw Hertl leaving the dressing room. He looked fine and was still smiling, for whatever that's worth. #SJSharks

ewbte.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad