GDT: Senators vs Sharks 7:00PM CBC CSNCA "This might Hertl your eyes!!"

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 7m
#SJSharks practice has started and it doesn't appear Tomas Hertl is skating today. Brent Burns not out there, either

Not surprising, hopefully just a maintenance day. Glad Hertl seems OK, but would love more info. Would not want face the Blues without those two.

Most likely.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Have they ruled out concussion for Hertl? I would hate to have a 19 year old have concussion symptoms of any kind. The only thing I've heard is "he's fine", yet he took a "minor" head shot on Thursday and then last night it looked like he got sandwiched. Hopefully the team is treating this seriously, which I'm sure they are.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Have they ruled out concussion for Hertl? I would hate to have a 19 year old have concussion symptoms of any kind. The only thing I've heard is "he's fine", yet he took a "minor" head shot on Thursday and then last night it looked like he got sandwiched. Hopefully the team is treating this seriously, which I'm sure they are.

It was already asked of TMac if the hit was more on the shoulder/neck area and not the head. TMac said that was a fair observation. Said he'd most likely be sore in the morning and if was too sore, he'd take the day off.

That's more candid than he usually is, so I'd venture that it really is minor.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 18m
Tomas Hertl, Brent Burns both fine, were walking around dressing room. McLellan said Sunday was a maintenance day for both.

And confirmed! Super good.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Huh?

Tmac said:
“The one in Vancouver concerned me a lot more than the one yesterday,” McLellan said. “It’s an upper body area that’s sore, I don’t know if it’s the head. That makes me feel a lot better than what could have been.”

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Yeah, weird. Yesterday, during the post-game scrum, he sounded confident that it wasn't the head. I don't know if that's Kurz being Kurz, or if TMac actually said that line.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'm gonna say that's Kurz being Kurz and could be a typo/mis-interpretation. Nothing that's been said really sounds concerning if both are expected to play Tuesday. If there was miscommunication between doctors and Todd, I'd imagine by now they'd say something was wrong that'd be keeping Hertl out of the lineup.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio

I think TMac is trying to tell people that he's fine, while at the same time doing the old "don't tell them anything, don't give any specifics" thing.

So when he says, "I don't know if it's the head" i think what he's trying to say is it's upper body, stop asking me specifics by feigning some sort of ignorance. If it was the head, I think he would just do the typical mum's the word. Obviously he didn't say it in the best way, it was contradictory. But I think he's just trying to be secretive and reassuring lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad