GDT: Senators vs Sharks 7:00PM CBC CSNCA "This might Hertl your eyes!!"

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It looked like the right call in my opinion, the linesman just didn't blow the whistle quick enough. You make call at the faceoff dots and blow the whistle then (Wingels and the D were at the dots at the same time). For some reason, the linesman didn't really blow the whistle until Wingels got to the puck.

Disagree, but definitely borderline. And it'll be perfected as both players and refs get used to it and it becomes more natural. I think it was a great decision.

Mrs Ski

Sep 25, 2008
The Process
Woot...Tmac said Hertl was sore and should be ready to go tomorrow. He was asked if they kept him out as a precaution and he said "yes".

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
True, McCarthy or Hamilton would have been much more suited against the Sens.

Pelech is going to get killed on the road against St. Louis... This would be a great opportunity for Hamilton to make his debut, I think he'd be really effective against the Blues, but I'd take McCarthy over Pelech easily.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Pelech is going to get killed on the road against St. Louis... This would be a great opportunity for Hamilton to make his debut, I think he'd be really effective against the Blues, but I'd take McCarthy over Pelech easily.

Since you mentioned the 4th line. What is the injury status of Burish? Is he expected back anytime soon?

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
It looked like the right call in my opinion, the linesman just didn't blow the whistle quick enough. You make call at the faceoff dots and blow the whistle then (Wingels and the D were at the dots at the same time). For some reason, the linesman didn't blow the whistle until Wingels got to the puck.

If they're neck and neck at the face off dots they're supposed to let them race it out, the two angles I saw showed them tied at the dots with Wingles obviously going to win the race. It was a bad whistle, especially because he only blew it after the puck was touched.

It was simply a mistake.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
Per TMac on CSN:

Hertl is just a bit sore and should be OK to go tomorrow.

Phew!

Alison-Brie-Dance-Gif.gif

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I didn't think the 4th line was all that bad. Irwin/Boyle were terrible the first half of the game and so were Demers/Hannan.

Last edited by a moderator:

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
If they're neck and neck at the face off dots they're supposed to let them race it out, the two angles I saw showed them tied at the dots with Wingles obviously going to win the race. It was a bad whistle, especially because he only blew it after the puck was touched.

It was simply a mistake.

No, if they are neck and neck, they call it an icing.

NHL said:
In hybrid icing, the linesman blows the play dead and calls icing immediately if the defending player is leading or tied in the race to the faceoff dots in his defensive zone.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back

Totally agree.

I know its the fourth line but Todd has to read into these decisions a bit better.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Since you mentioned the 4th line. What is the injury status of Burish? Is he expected back anytime soon?

Hasn't started skating yet, as far as I know.

Tomas is more upper body/shoulder than head as confirmed by TMac answering a question.

Thank goodness. A day with the trainers instead of skating would probably do him some good though... and maybe Marleau teaching him out to keep his head up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad