Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
JKfQ6r.jpg

PLD looks like he's doing alright.

Anyone know anything about Alex Barre-Boulet. Leading the Q in playoff scoring. Undrafted, Same Draft year as Chabot , White

ugwhXT.jpg

Wow...almost 20, but still only 158 pounds.

What is his skating like? Dude better be incredibly quick and shifty if he wants to survive as a pro.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Is our scouting team the same from the last half decade or have guys gotten promotions/better gigs?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Chlapik and Charlottetown eliminated.

Tough way to go out.. Ive never seen the team in Charlottetown that emotional after being eliminated.. So many guys on that team wont be back so its rough.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chlapik and Charlottetown eliminated.

Tough way to go out.. Ive never seen the team in Charlottetown that emotional after being eliminated.. So many guys on that team wont be back so its rough.

Too bad. He can now join White in the press box & watch this Stanley cup playoff run & see how exciting it is & how good the team he wants to play for is & how hard he will have to work to make it this far. It will be good for him to watch. :popcorn:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Too bad. He can now join White in the press box & watch this Stanley cup playoff run & see how exciting it is & how good the team he wants to play for is & how hard he will have to work to make it this far. It will be good for him to watch. :popcorn:

I doubt he'll go to Ottawa.. probably head right home to start the summer.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I doubt he'll go to Ottawa.. probably head right home to start the summer.

Isn't he the guy who had never had to workout before until this past summer? Maybe he will get a head start in working out for next yr when he turns pro.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Chabot is a monster. Look like he slowed down on the score sheet, but he picked it up at the right time last 2 games.

+24 in 14 games. That's insane !

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Regina with Ahl through to the WHL final.
Ahl picked up his game since coming back from the injury with 11 points in 8 games.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
For the record he flew out of Canada today for Prague. Didn't stop in Ottawa.

Going home or Worlds?

I have no idea where they are being played this year...

Also just for discussion...any chance White would have been invited to Worlds for USA if he wasn't with Senators? They seem to take young teams the last few years.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Going home or Worlds?

Also just for discussion...any chance White would have been invited to Worlds for USA if he wasn't with Senators? They seem to take young teams the last few years.

Hes heading to Prague so home. World championship is in Germany this year I believe

As for White, he likely would be i would think..

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Going home or Worlds?

The 2017 IIHF World Championship will be hosted by Paris, France, and Cologne, Germany, from 5 to 21 May 2017

Possibile for both players to get invited.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is it possible that Matt O'Connor isn't that bad of a goalie prospect?

I only ask because it looks like (although in small sample size) Hogberg got lit up in Binghamton and he was supposed to have a bit of hype coming in. No Binghamton goalie has really done well. Driedger has been the best one statistically and he only managed to barely scrape together a 900 save percentage.

O'Connor seemed to do well in the rookie tournaments and even in his one NHL game didn't look all that out of place. It seems like the consensus around here is that O'Connor is at least third behind Driedger and Hogberg.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is it possible that Matt O'Connor isn't that bad of a goalie prospect?

I only ask because it looks like (although in small sample size) Hogberg got lit up in Binghamton and he was supposed to have a bit of hype coming in. No Binghamton goalie has really done well. Driedger has been the best one statistically and he only managed to barely scrape together a 900 save percentage.

O'Connor seemed to do well in the rookie tournaments and even in his one NHL game didn't look all that out of place. It seems like the consensus around here is that O'Connor is at least third behind Driedger and Hogberg.

I'd give Hogberg some more time ... I really like goalies that can stop the puck.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Shaun Donovan was at the Tim's on the Carp Road this afternoon, he was there with a couple of buddies talking shop. I sat next to them & overheard Donovan mentioned that there wasn't enough right shot defencemen in the organization. He mentioned that Jaros is a right shot & he suspects he will be playing in Bellville next yr but they need to address that shortage. Almost every defencemen in Bingo last yr were left shots except for Erkamps I believe & I don't think he has NHL potential. It was extremely difficult to eavesdrop when my wife kept talking about spring cleaning & planting flowers, during their entire conversation. :shakehead

I'm guessing that they might address that right shot defenceman shortage through the draft this June but they might also bring in a couple through trades. I hope they don't use the first pick on a defenceman when there should be a few good forwards mid to late first round where they should be picking from. Anyone know of any good right shot defencemen in this yr's draft who could be available in the 2nd rd?

Conor Timmons is a RHD that looked pretty good in the prospects game & is ranked on some sites in the first rd in the twenties around where Ottawa could pick. This site has 5 RHD going in the first round & has Ottawa taking Calan Foote, who is a RHD who could still be on the board by the time Ottawa picks, although I doubt it.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Shaun Donovan was at the Tim's on the Carp Road this afternoon, he was there with a couple of buddies talking shop. I sat next to them & overheard Donovan mentioned that there wasn't enough right shot defencemen in the organization. He mentioned that Jaros is a right shot & he suspects he will be playing in Bellville next yr but they need to address that shortage. Almost every defencemen in Bingo last yr were left shots except for Erkamps I believe & I don't think he has NHL potential. It was extremely difficult to eavesdrop when my wife kept talking about spring cleaning & planting flowers, during the entire conversation. :shakehead

I'm guessing that they might address that right shot defenceman shortage through the draft this June but they might also bring in a couple through trades. I hope they don't use the first pick on a defenceman when there should be a few good forwards mid to late first round where they should be picking from. Anyone know of any good right shot defencemen in this yr's draft?

Callan foote may be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad