Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
He played vs Dubois Barre Boulet all night + BLB 2nd line often...

Dude is absolutely insane....my favorite player out fo Quebec since Bourque...

amazing talent

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Who needs three defense pairings?
You could pair Karlsson with two LDs and Chabot with two RDs, and alternate them every shift. For example:

LD1 - Karlsson
Chabot - RD1
LD2 - Karlsson
Chabot - RD2
and repeat...

You rest them on the PK (although Karlsson would play the important PKs too), and on the PP you'd have Chabot - Karlsson of course.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Seadogs might win the Championship tonight.
And I'll be surprised if they don't. Armada seems to be already down and out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Seadogs might win the Championship tonight.
And I'll be surprised if they don't. Armada seems to be already down and out.

You could see 2 seasons ago they would be a powerhouse this season.

This was the season they'd been building for since they drafted Noel and Chabot in the 1st and 2nd. It is literally going directly according to plan as Danny Flynn and Darrell Young/Trevor Georgie drew it up.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'd be disappointed if Chabot became anything less than a star #1 d. That's how high I am on him, and how much I believe in him.

and if he ends up Roman Josi/OEL caliber we're going to be a great team for a long long time.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Watching the game today, I still see Chabot making those wide turns in the defensive zone, instead of stopping and starting to get back into position quickly.

It's probably an energy saving thing, considering how many minutes he's playing, but it's going to be a habit he'll have to stop once he makes the NHL regularly.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Watching the game today, I still see Chabot making those wide turns in the defensive zone, instead of stopping and starting to get back into position quickly.

It's probably an energy saving thing, considering how many minutes he's playing, but it's going to be a habit he'll have to stop once he makes the NHL regularly.

Another shutdown performance by Zboril and Chabot

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Mvp at the WJC. MVP in QMJHL playoff. Now he need MVP of the memorial cup.

What a player Chabot is.

Jerrico

Jan 21, 2007
Do you guys think chabot and white will make the Team out of camp next year? If so, who will
They bump out? There will be some interesting decisions. Harpur and Claesson will be pushing hard for spots, and then you have Boro who fills a very unique role and seems to be loved by management. I'm hoping vegas takes wideman to make the decision a bit easier

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If we don't play Chabot because of boro I'm gonna lose it.

But aren't we going to lose one of Methot or Wideman likely?

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Ceci-Claesson
Harpur

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not that you needed any confirmation, but I was there live today and we saw a hockey clinic from TC. Clearly, that level of play is way too easy. But as most of you know, this kid could be in your top 4 today. What a gem you have there. Congrats.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If we don't play Chabot because of boro I'm gonna lose it.

But aren't we going to lose one of Methot or Wideman likely?

Methot-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Ceci-Claesson
Harpur

I honestly think we lose Boro, he's a FA after next season so a great deadline pickup for a playoff team, he's been a team captain everyhwere he goes, led the league in hits, fights anybody and plays exciting hockey and will be a fan favorite.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I honestly think we lose Boro, he's a FA after next season so a great deadline pickup for a playoff team, he's been a team captain everyhwere he goes, led the league in hits, fights anybody and plays exciting hockey and will be a fan favorite.

Please define exciting hockey when it comes to Boro...without mentioning hits and fights which were two other points you made

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Mvp at the WJC. MVP in QMJHL playoff. Now he need MVP of the memorial cup.

What a player Chabot is.

Chabot age wise will not be 20 until January , so he still would not meet the Age requirement to play in the AHL next year, but he has completed 4 years of CHL so I think that qualifies him to play in the AHL ... can anyone confirm?

It would be moot if he made and stuck in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad