Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Hogberg just had a shutout today.
He is good.
In the past 3 months (18 games) he had only one game below 0.900 save% and only 2 games with 3+ goals against.
0.933 save% on the year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hogberg just had a shutout today.
He is good.
In the past 3 months (18 games) he had only one game below 0.900 save% and only 2 games with 3+ goals against.
0.933 save% on the year.

IMO Hogberg has been the best goalie at the development camp for the past two yrs. I wonder if they are considering bringing him to NA for next season & whether he would come to play in the AHL or stay in Sweden? I hope he comes I would love to see him against NHL competition even if it is only in exhibition games. I think he has tremendous potential, at least I hope so. :nod:

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
IMO Hogberg has been the best goalie at the development camp for the past two yrs. I wonder if they are considering bringing him to NA for next season & whether he would come to play in the AHL or stay in Sweden? I hope he comes I would love to see him against NHL competition even if it is only in exhibition games. I think he has tremendous potential, at least I hope so. :nod:

I agree and I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't gotten more hype on here. He's the Sens top goalie prospect by a wide margin, IMO.

The next Pekka Rinne? :naughty:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Chabot really needs to break that bad habit of making wide turns in the defensive zone, instead of stopping and getting back into position right away.

He'll get ripped by NHL coaches if he does that in the NHL.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Chabot really needs to break that bad habit of making wide turns in the defensive zone, instead of stopping and getting back into position right away.

He'll get ripped by NHL coaches if he does that in the NHL.

Thats very easily fixable. Heck if Boucher pounds that into him itll be fixed by the end of Development camp

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Jaros had a tying goal in 2-1 win today. His 5th goal and 13th point, which is pretty good for a hard-hitting 20yo defenceman in SHL without much PP time.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
A goal for Logan Brown tonight. Would really like to see him kick it into a higher gear to finish the year.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Anyone else notice that earlier in the year Dorion mentioned that White would play this year after his college career was done and recently he said that he doesn't know if he will play in October or December?

Might just be lowering expectations but something has changed.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone else notice that earlier in the year Dorion mentioned that White would play this year after his college career was done and recently he said that he doesn't know if he will play in October or December?

Might just be lowering expectations but something has changed.

Really? I haven't heard of the change

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Really? I haven't heard of the change

here is the excerpt:

On Colin White’s development this year…

“He’s been good. He’s been very, very good. He’s someone we’re really excited about. He’s someone that we know is going to be a part of this organization for a long time. He’s someone that we know has a good chance to (play) – whether he plays for us next year in October or whether it’s in December – we know he’s someone that’s going to be a long-term NHL player. When you have players of that calibre that have the skill, the drive, the character and the speed, they’re pretty special and you know that they’re only going to make you better and help you win down the road.â€

the link is here http://thesportsdaily.com/the-6th-s...rade-pyattcondon-extensions-lazars-struggles/

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
I'm not sure it is an implication he won't spend time with the team this season. I think the point he was trying to make is that he is going to be on the big team, and it's just a matter of time. I think he was just giving dates for next year because IF he does play a few games this year, it will just be a very small amount.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
here is the excerpt:

“He’s been good. He’s been very, very good. He’s someone we’re really excited about. He’s someone that we know is going to be a part of this organization for a long time. He’s someone that we know has a good chance to (play) – whether he plays for us next year in October or whether it’s in December – we know he’s someone that’s going to be a long-term NHL player. When you have players of that calibre that have the skill, the drive, the character and the speed, they’re pretty special and you know that they’re only going to make you better and help you win down the road.â€

the link is here http://thesportsdaily.com/the-6th-s...rade-pyattcondon-extensions-lazars-struggles/

I thought the comments about him playing here when his college season was done this year was in the same vein as when Stone got a game at the end of the season; give him a taste of the NHL so he knows what it takes down the road and motivates him during the summer. I don't think it was ever that he was a sure thing to start with the team from that moment onward. Maybe that's just me.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I thought the comments about him playing here when his college season was done this year was in the same vein as when Stone got a game at the end of the season; give him a taste of the NHL so he knows what it takes down the road and motivates him during the summer. I don't think it was ever that he was a sure thing to start with the team from that moment onward. Maybe that's just me.

I think this is exactly it. IF White signed, he almost certainly would be in the NHL lineup by now - the prognostication was always that he'll be ready for full time MAYBE right away, but, if not, almost definitely after a few months in the AHL. Could he surprise and stick in the lineup this season? For sure. But if you listen to Boucher's comments, he's not a fan of that approach unless the guy is head and shoulders better. That's been his approach with Lazar, it will be his approach with White.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Dahlen is killing it again. 2g 1a today.
In the last 4 games Timra scored 9 goals and Dahlen has 9 points. This is pretty insane.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

This has also been my perspective that he would get a game or two when he signs his SEL to end the season but there would be no guarantee for the next yr. In fact, I will be surprised if he makes the team out of training camp but you never know. It's much more realistic to expect that he along with Chabot could play in Belleville for a few months at least to learn the pro game & system although there are a few people who think they will both start in Ottawa next season. I guess we'll eventually see whose right.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
here is the excerpt:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea was to of give White enough NHL games to burn a year off his ELC at the end of the season. This obviously gives him the benefit of being able to reach UFA sooner without limiting the Sens' ability to send him to the AHL to start the 2017-2018 season. It's essentially the carrot that gets him to sign away from college rather than stick around and become UFA.

I don't think anything has changed.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea was to of give White enough NHL games to burn a year off his ELC at the end of the season. This obviously gives him the benefit of being able to reach UFA sooner without limiting the Sens' ability to send him to the AHL to start the 2017-2018 season. It's essentially the carrot that gets him to sign away from college rather than stick around and become UFA.

I don't think anything has changed.

I may be wrong as well, but I didn't think College players could sign pro contracts while they are in school so I don't think he is signed to an SEL. I would guess that he will sign his SEL at the end of this season but I'm not sure when that will end. Looking at his schedule it seems to go right to the end of March & if he ends up in the Frozen Four it could go into April & he might not get to Ottawa until they are already in the playoffs. Would be a tough spot to insert White into a playoff game although they did insert Stone & Silverberg but I'm not as sure GB will want to insert a rookie into a playoff game. Should be interesting to see what happens to White over the next month & onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad