Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Wanna talk about quiet D prospects who look good but no one ever talks about.. its Wolanin..

Mostly due to his age, he's a 22 year old NCAA player. I'd be lying f I said I saw more than 3 of his games, ever, though, so I'm basing my opinion on precedent, so not an actual outlook.

I can see him in a similar light as Boro/Gryba/Greening/Condra. Guys who were afterthoughts in the NCAA that carved out NHL careers.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Mostly due to his age, he's a 22 year old NCAA player. I'd be lying f I said I saw more than 3 of his games, ever, though, so I'm basing my opinion on precedent, so not an actual outlook.

I can see him in a similar light as Boro/Gryba/Greening/Condra. Guys who were afterthoughts in the NCAA that carved out NHL careers.

Oh 100%. Ive only seen his last 2 or 3 games this year myself, and development camps.

Once he turns pro i really think the hype train will pick up..

Anyone know when he finishes up in the NCAA? Or when we hold his rights till?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Oh 100%. Ive only seen his last 2 or 3 games this year myself, and development camps.

He was a double overaged prospect and has played 2 NCAA seasons since being drafted, I believe he has to sign after his 2018-19 season.

Difference being he will only have a 2 year ELC if he were to sign right now or next year, and a 1 year ELC if he were to play out his 4 NCAA years due to his age.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Here's some stuff on Wolanin, not sure what his future will be in this organization. I would think he is in tough because he is another left shot but you never know depending how good he is or can be. I don't recall much about him at all from the development camp.

http://thehockeywriters.com/sens-pick-christian-wolanin-taking-his-own-road-to-nhl/

https://www.nhl.com/senators/news/catching-up-with-christian-wolanin/c-47072

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...-north-dakotas-wolanin-blazing-path-pro-game/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Christian Jaros has been offered an entry-level contract couple of weeks ago. There are some talks between his agent, Ottawa and Lulea. He should be at the training camp and he wants to fight for a spot on the next year's roster.

slovak source: http://kosicednes.sk/dennik/clanky/jaros-mieri-do-kempu-ottawy/

That's great to hear. I'd love to see him make the team, though I hope he's willing to spend some time in Belleville if needed.

If Methot gets picked up by Vegas, our D could use the extra depth.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
That's great to hear. I'd love to see him make the team, though I hope he's willing to spend some time in Belleville if needed.

If Methot gets picked up by Vegas, our D could use the extra depth.

I'm sure his willing to go to Belleville but he probably want them to give him a fair chance to make the big club.

And i'm sure they will.

DoctorDoak

Mar 21, 2006
Ontario
We have some really good D prospects coming.

Lajoie is the real deal IMO. Could be a Kris Russel type. Jaros has rave reviews.

Engullend could be a good bottom pairing D man. Ceci is a solid bottom pairing D man right now with who knows what potential.

Lajoie is such a quiet prospect who looked so good. No one talks about him

What do you think the timeline is on Lajoie? Plays out his overage year in the Dub next season then some AHL seasoning the year after before he gets a look?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Chabot with an assist and 1st star, one win away from the Mem Cup. pretty much 0 chance they lose the series considering they've lost 3 games in their last 25, and one of those was a regular season game they decided not to dress 9 of their players, all NHL drafted.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Chabot with an assist and 1st star, one win away from the Mem Cup. pretty much 0 chance they lose the series considering they've lost 3 games in their last 25, and one of those was a regular season game they decided not to dress 9 of their players, all NHL drafted.
Do you know where I can get toi for the Q? It's site doesn't show it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Jaros should come over but I don't think he has a hope in hell of making the Ottawa roster. He's a right shot & they need right shot defencemen badly in the organization but he has a few guys with much more experience ahead of him including Harpur who has played both sides.

Having said that, defencemen get hurt all the time & he could be a couple of injuries away from being called up, if he is in Bellville. If he stays in Europe, he's another yr away & there would be no guarantee the following yr that he would make the team either. Much, much better for his development & his opportunity if he is here learning the NA game in Bellville, learning the system & being available to be called up & watched closely by the organization & improving his game the way they want him to & eliminating any bad habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad