Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2016-2017 | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Actually Hammond would be the only one. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Boro gets an NHL job as a 6/7. Gryba, Lee and Carkner all got contracts with other teams after us, they don't fit the bill either.

Hammond wasn't drafted. he's not one.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Not to mention selfish

LOL I've been telling people since before the draft Sprong is the farthest thing from a team player. Sprong does whatever Sprong wants. From what I hear well hated in the room, that shoulder injury from "Practice" yeah right :laugh:

This doesn't shock me at all. Hopefully that ends his junior career cause frankly I'm sick of him in Charlottetown.. Best of luck Pittsburgh, you're gonna need it.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
LOL I've been telling people since before the draft Sprong is the farthest thing from a team player. Sprong does whatever Sprong wants. From what I hear well hated in the room, that shoulder injury from "Practice" yeah right :laugh:

This doesn't shock me at all. Hopefully that ends his junior career cause frankly I'm sick of him in Charlottetown.. Best of luck Pittsburgh, you're gonna need it.

I'd love to see how a leader like Scott Stevens or Michael Jordan would deal with a guy like that.

(He'd probably end up looking like Zack Smith looked last night is the answer)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd love to see how a leader like Scott Stevens or Michael Jordan would deal with a guy like that.

(He'd probably end up looking like Zack Smith looked last night is the answer)

What happened to smith last night?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Just a quick look at the prospects with NHL potential & where they could fit into a lineup, I've ranked them based on which rd they were drafted with some exceptions. Two first rd picks at forward & two on defence, two 2nd rd picks at forward & 1 on defence & the rest of them. Two undrafted players & a 7th rder in Perron who a lot of people think can be a top 6 player in the NHL, based on his Memorial Cup run, if he beefs up. Did I miss a prospect who might have a chance of playing in the NHL?

2014 draft: Perron & Englund have a shot at making it into the NHL.
2015 draft: Chabot, White, Chlapik, Jaros & maybe Gagne could be NHL players.
2016 draft: Brown & maybe Lajoie could be NHL players.

Perron (7) - Brown (1) - Bailey (trade - undrafted)
Eiserman (3) - White (1) - Gagné (2)
Ahl (4) - Chlapik (2) - Burgess (4)
Nurmi (6) - Paul (trade 4) - Leblanc (6)

Chabot (1) - Gormley (trade 1)
Englund (2) - Wollanin (4)
Lajoie (5) - Jaros (5)

Hogberg (3) - O'Connor (NCAA - UFA)

This was written after Paul played in the WJC with Lazar & won gold. Paul was drafted in the 4th rd by Dallas, not sure how much can be expected of him other than as a bottom 6 forward but BM had much higher expectations.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nick-paul-star-prospect-ottawa/

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Just a quick look at the prospects with NHL potential & where they could fit into a lineup, I've ranked them based on which rd they were drafted with some exceptions. Two first rd picks at forward & two on defence, two 2nd rd picks at forward & 1 on defence & the rest of them. Two undrafted players & a 7th rder in Perron who a lot of people think can be a top 6 player in the NHL, based on his Memorial Cup run, if he beefs up. Did I miss a prospect who might have a chance of playing in the NHL?

Lajoie (5) - Jaros (5)

This was written after Paul played in the WJC with Lazar & won gold. Paul was drafted in the 4th rd by Dallas, not sure how much can be expected of him other than as a bottom 6 forward but BM had much higher expectations.

I think Miles Gendron still has a shot at being an NHLer one day. He's a fantastic skater and at 6'3 his reach is very good. If he learns how to use his tools I could see him making the show one day. Fast D who are his size are valuable these days even if they have not much puck skills. Bottom 6 forwards around the league are being filled with guys who can skate. Bottom pairing defensemen who can skate are going to be increasingly in demand.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Lajoie (5) - Jaros (5)

Gormley will never fit into a lineup, let alone on a top pairing.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm surprised he hasn't gone to Europe yet to be honest, definitely more money to be made there. I'm assuming he has his reasons.

I was around when he was just entering the Q. He was very good, I'm surprised he hasn't done anything.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anyone worried about Brown just look at the turn around that P.Luc Dubois has had. If he has another dud season it would be concerning, but it's way too early right now.

JKfQ6r.jpg

PLD looks like he's doing alright.

Anyone know anything about Alex Barre-Boulet. Leading the Q in playoff scoring. Undrafted, Same Draft year as Chabot , White

ugwhXT.jpg

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
JKfQ6r.jpg

PLD looks like he's doing alright.

Anyone know anything about Alex Barre-Boulet. Leading the Q in playoff scoring. Undrafted, Same Draft year as Chabot , White

ugwhXT.jpg

He deserves a contract, he is a dynamic offensive threat, not much defensive game though.

He's way better then the similar style, Anaheim draft pick Alex Dostie.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He deserves a contract, he is a dynamic offensive threat, not much defensive game though.

He's way better then the similar style, Anaheim draft pick Alex Dostie.

We should give him or a couple similar players invites ... It would be good to inject some play making skill even if its to help with overall development in Belleville.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Miles Gendron still has a shot at being an NHLer one day. He's a fantastic skater and at 6'3 his reach is very good. If he learns how to use his tools I could see him making the show one day. Fast D who are his size are valuable these days even if they have not much puck skills. Bottom 6 forwards around the league are being filled with guys who can skate. Bottom pairing defensemen who can skate are going to be increasingly in demand.

I almost put him in as an extra but I didn't think he was that big, at least he didn't look that big at last yr's development camp. He also wasn't all that impressive to be honest, just another filler player really, but I will try to remember to have a good look at him this summer at camp. I know a few others have commented on him & like his play a lot.

Gormley will never fit into a lineup, let alone on a top pairing.

I guess you misunderstood when I said I was ranking them by where they were drafted which is why he was paired with Chabot, they were both drafted in the first rd. I doubt Gormley will be re-signed, but who knows? Perron was on the top line because although he was drafted in the 7th, which surprised me, he is at the moment anyway, one of the few goal scoring forwards Ottawa has in it's prospect pool & some people have high hopes for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad