Value of: Seguin Trade

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Dont know whether he stays or leaves. I would guess he stays.

But either way boy is he getting paid. Tax free state=nothing. The kid is getting every dollar.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Seeing a lot of talk about him going for Wingers and D on here. Wouldn’t Dallas really want a high end C in the NHL rn to replace his spot? Saw someone comment on that earlier and couldn’t agree more. Someone like Point etc. (Not saying Tampa would or wouldn’t do that just as a comparison)

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I think this is more of a Stamkos situation than a Tavares one - Seguin probably doesn't have a problem playing for the Stars, he just wants more money than Nill is comfortable giving him. They'll go back and forth for a while, but come to a deal eventually since no one else can give him that 8th year (in a tax free state).

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If the Stars wanna go slight rebuild, I would do Reinhart + for Seguin. If the Stars do not wanna do a rebuild, then the Sabres are out of all talks for Seguin.

I’m sure you would :laugh:

A base of Reinhart doesn’t even get you in the room to get to the table. Yikes.

Lol ikr. Would have to start with Mittelstadt and then go from there. Assuming Seguin would re-sign with the Sabres

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
As much as I’d love to get a huge return for Seguin if we are trading him it means he doesn’t want to re-sign with us. In which case I think the return would look something like a 2019 1st, top 3-5 prospect on that team, young roster player, and a 2020 2nd. Sucks but GM’s don’t want to give up massive pieces for a player that will likely walk in the summer.

In non cap world/ fantasy land would a 2019 1st, 2019 second (added this because leafs first would likely be late), sandin and connor brown do the trick? Pretty much everything you asked for. I know toronto wouldn't do this just because we have no need for additional forwards but a centre corps of JT, AM, Naz and Seguin would just be so much fun to watch haha.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Seeing a lot of talk about him going for Wingers and D on here. Wouldn’t Dallas really want a high end C in the NHL rn to replace his spot? Saw someone comment on that earlier and couldn’t agree more. Someone like Point etc. (Not saying Tampa would or wouldn’t do that just as a comparison)
Definitely. If Dallas were to move him I would want your best C prospect coming back or some young 20 year old C who looks like he will be a top 6C in short order. Prospects in the range of Frost/Vilardi or players in the range of Point

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
In non cap world/ fantasy land would a 2019 1st, 2019 second (added this because leafs first would likely be late), sandin and connor brown do the trick? Pretty much everything you asked for. I know toronto wouldn't do this just because we have no need for additional forwards but a centre corps of JT, AM, Naz and Seguin would just be so much fun to watch haha.

Yeah if Seguin wasn’t re-signed by February and we were on the bubble or out of the race I’d do that trade.

Reactions: ER89

David25

Nov 22, 2016
I doubt Seguin leaves Dallas. He has a bromance with Benn.

IF he does leave, his trade value would be a lot! He is a legit C. If he goes to UFA he will easily get $8M +.

Could you imagine if he comes home to Toronto.

Matthews
Tavares
Seguin
Kadri

Good god![/QUOTES
Still no defense. What are you gonna do? run 5 forwards LMAO

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah if Seguin wasn’t re-signed by February and we were on the bubble or out of the race I’d do that trade.

I wouldn't do that trade even if Seguin was just going to be a rental for them. That is absolutely awful imo. Leafs don't have many pieces I'd be interested in really to be honest unless they moved Nylander, which they wouldn't do if Seguin was a rental. That's basically 2 2nds, another defensive prospect we don't need, and a 3rd liner. This is all a fantasy situation though so I can let it slide

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I’m sure you would :laugh:

A base of Reinhart doesn’t even get you in the room to get to the table. Yikes.

The point is for Stars fans to say what the plus would be. To me as a Sabres fan, the only untouchables are Eichel and Dahlin, and to a lesser extent Risto (available in a trade for another RHD).

Lol ikr. Would have to start with Mittelstadt and then go from there. Assuming Seguin would re-sign with the Sabres

Mittelstadt is fine. Him and one of the 3 1sts and a small add (2nd rounder or two thirds?)? Or even another 1st the next year? However the trade is contingent on being able to talk to him first and finding out if he'll re-sign with the Sabres and Dallas fans admitting that 1999 was "no goal".

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I wouldn't do that trade even if Seguin was just going to be a rental for them. That is absolutely awful imo. Leafs don't have many pieces I'd be interested in really to be honest unless they moved Nylander, which they wouldn't do if Seguin was a rental. That's basically 2 2nds, another defensive prospect we don't need, and a 3rd liner. This is all a fantasy situation though so I can let it slide

I wouldn’t be amazed at the return, but at that point it would either be we move him as a rental or lose him as a UFA. If a GM trades a Nylander type for a rental they will get fired, doesn’t matter who that rental is. At the end of the day I hope it doesn’t come down to it, because we all want to see Seguin re-sign and for us to compete.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The point is for Stars fans to say what the plus would be. To me as a Sabres fan, the only untouchables are Eichel and Dahlin, and to a lesser extent Risto (available in a trade for another RHD).

Mittelstadt is fine. Him and one of the 3 1sts and a small add (2nd rounder or two thirds?)? Or even another 1st the next year? However the trade is contingent on being able to talk to him first and finding out if he'll re-sign with the Sabres and Dallas fans admitting that 1999 was "no goal".

Pfft, good luck with that. :p:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'd offer Brodin + Nino + Eriksson Ek + conditional 1st if Seguin re-signs, but inform Dallas that Eriksson Ek gets dropped from offer the moment the season starts.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Pk is 29 yo, but still has some good years left in him with 4 years left on his contract. That puts him at 33 when it expires. He is a legit stud #1 D.

Seguin in only 26, I would think if he is going to Winnipeg... it will take Laine going back to Dallas. Also, would Seguin even sign an extension there?
So you're not just delusional when it comes to the leafs? Its all the time?

Thats probably even worse lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad