Value of: Seguin Trade

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Picks/Prospects would be fine. It's not like Seguin is far and away better than Panarin so it would take much of an add from Columbus.
I'm pretty sure most jackets fan would be willing to work out a deal on those terms.

The only prospects I wouldn't wanna include would be Foudy and Abramov. Everyone else would be fair game for a player like Seguin.

Reactions: Fro

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah but the question is, how much better?

Panarin is a PPG player who is almost as good defensively as he is on offense. I'd offer picks and Prospects but not much else.

Deal doesn't work out in the end for the Stars either way. Panarin would walk in the off-season I'm sure and then we'd be left with nothing. Assuming Seguin agrees to sign in Columbus, I'd rather target Dubois personally..now though if Panarin does agree to sign then you have a deal. Benn could try being our #1C again I suppose

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No interest in trading for a Seguin from a Jets POV, not bc he isn’t a good player......but bc he doesn’t fill a 1C need, you don’t buy high on players without paying a lateral or more in cost and his new huge cap hit (which doesn’t fill a huge need).

Very good player, will look good playing for someone who needs a 1C.

Reactions: Snowman

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Deal doesn't work out in the end for the Stars either way. Panarin would walk in the off-season I'm sure and then we'd be left with nothing. Assuming Seguin agrees to sign in Columbus, I'd rather target Dubois personally..now though if Panarin does agree to sign then you have a deal. Benn could try being our #1C again I suppose
The only way the Jackets trade for Seguin is via Panarin. Absolutely no way they move PLD. And the only way the Jackets are realistically going to trade Panarin is if either he agrees to a sign and trade before hand or the jackets are out of playoff contention come TDL they'll get what they can for him.

Reactions: Fro

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
No interest in trading for a Seguin from a Jets POV, not bc he isn’t a good player......but bc he doesn’t fill a 1C need, you don’t buy high on players without paying a lateral or more in cost and his new huge cap hit (which doesn’t fill a huge need).

Very good player, will look good playing for someone who needs a 1C.
It would just be funny, if Seguin ended up on the Jets, to see how long the rock, paper, scissors games would last with Scheifele before they finally got off the ice.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
Seguin can fill the 2c role for the jets for the playoff run. That would be a great pickup for the jets.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Trouba giving tips to the stars on how to stop Laine is worth more than anything

In that case they can pay me 100 bucks and I'll tell them to get in his space when he's teeing up his shot on the right side of the ice

Mar 26, 2010
Trouba giving tips to the stars on how to stop Laine is worth more than anything
No tips from Trouba are going to stop Laine’s shot. When he gets all of it, the puck is in the net.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
If he doesn’t sign by the deadline and Dallas is on the bubble or out of the playoffs I think we need to trade him and get whatever assets we can for him. Would obviously suck to lose our top line centre, but I don’t think Seguin is interest in staying on a bubble team.

If we do trade him it’s full on rebuild time meaning we look to trade Benn, Radulov, Bishop.

Bite your tongue!! Benn is a Star forever. :thumbu:

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Before I put down a proposal, I will say that I doubt Seguin leaves Dallas, but I do believe he plays on three teams for low money before retiring like NYR, Toronto and a team I least expect for him to sign with but for now I'll just say Columbus.

Hypothetically speaking, any team I see interested in bringing in Tyler Seguin, I would probably think Calgary, St. Louis, Philadelphia, NYR or Columbus would be super interested in not only wanting him but also need him, heck maybe even Vegas. But for now I'll say the Flames because they're heading down a road of contention, but we'll just pretend they signed Tkachuk to a good contract extension.

Calgary:
Tyler Seguin

Dallas:
1st 2019
1st 2020
2nd 2019
2nd 2020
Sam Bennett
Mikael Frolik
Michael Stone

Gaudreau-Monahan-Neal
Tkachuk-Seguin-Lindholm

Winnipeg might bring him in as a rental because the Jets not only have the assets to acquire him, but they're interested in contending and Seguin walking away from Winnipeg won't even hurt.

Are the flames in a position to trade away that many high picks for the next couple years?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Bite your tongue!! Benn is a Star forever. :thumbu:

I hope so. All I know is we’ve had to many years of mediocre play, so if Seguin chooses to leave I want to trade everyone and rebuild. Being terrible would be much better than being mediocre.

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Seguin seems to me to be a "high roller" type person, if that makes sense. The teams I can see him signing with are the following. LA Kings, Vegas, NY Rangers or Nashville.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
IF he does leave, his trade value would be a lot! He is a legit C. If he goes to UFA he will easily get $8M +.

I hope you meant $8M + 3m!

There's not a chance in hell you sign a 27 year old 30-40 goal, 70-80pt first line centre as a UFA to anything less than 10 Million. Didn't we just see what Tavares got? They're very similar players in terms of age and production.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Seguin can fill the 2c role for the jets for the playoff run. That would be a great pickup for the jets.

Of course he would be......but he might not be available, too expensive and might not be required in the end depending if Little has a bounce back year. Too early to say tbh.

Mar 26, 2010
I hope you meant $8M + 3m!

There's not a chance in hell you sign a 27 year old 30-40 goal, 70-80pt first line centre as a UFA to anything less than 10 Million. Didn't we just see what Tavares got? They're very similar players in terms of age and production.
Yes, fully agree. Seguin is a stud.

Reactions: KirkW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad