Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Playoffs is being overrated as far as helping.

The Oilers got lucky in 16-17 facing a Sharks team that had their top guns wounded. We barely got by them and into the 2nd round.

The Oilers are not getting any better than a Wild card spot at this point. Ensuring that they will be playing a top team in first round and every round after. they would be knocked out in first round if they made the playoffs. A lot of the WC clubs are built for playoffs and have depth in lineups. We don't and would be worn down pretty easily.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Live sports tickets are ridiculously overpriced.
The experience is so drawn out... the "entertainment" between the hockey is so cheesy its unbearable.

I can't believe anyone pays to subject themselves to that. Watching at home is so much better.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Live sports tickets are ridiculously overpriced.
The experience is so drawn out... the "entertainment" between the hockey is so cheesy its unbearable.

I can't believe anyone pays. Watching at home is so much better.
It depends. In Europe you can get tickets to soccer games for less than 20€ and the atmosphere is far better.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
It depends. In Europe you can get tickets to soccer games for less than 20€ and the atmosphere is far better.

I fully expect the live sports market to crash eventually (In NA anyway). This isn't how sports were supposed to be. Dropping $1000 to take your whole family out to a game is just disgusting.

The experience isn't there.

This isn't the Rolling Stones coming out of retirement for 1 night. Its a frickin hockey game... and there is always another one.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
lol why do people even want the Oilers to make the playoffs, you think they've been saving everything for that? Sorry, they suck and they'll get swept and imagine if they faced the flames and how embarrassing that'd be. It'd at least be enough to get Chia fired. Stop wishing for playoffs, it's not going to help this sorry excuse of a team.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I fully expect the live sports market to crash eventually (In NA anyway). This isn't how sports were supposed to be. Dropping $1000 to take your whole family out to a game is just disgusting.

This isn't the Rolling Stones coming out of retirement for 1 night. Its a frickin hockey game... and there is always another one.

Absolutely. Its a moment in time. I'm old enough to remember when Pro sports was cheap to attend and other forms of entertainment were more expensive.

I'll take it though. Because everybody is throwing wads of money going to pro sports it means that excellent Theater in this City is always a deal.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009

Got to go to the sportsnet lounge for the dec 27th game. Tickets were given and it was an awesome experience (play of Oilers not withstanding).

Afterwards though the 4 of us all agreed could you imagine if we just paid $1200 dollars plus gst for that.

I feel like I could win the lottery tomorrow and still have a hard time justifying that cost.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Absolutely. Its a moment in time. I'm old enough to remember when Pro sports was cheap to attend and other forms of entertainment were more expensive.

I'll take it though. Because everybody is throwing wads of money going to pro sports it means that excellent Theater in this City is always a deal.
Ive started going to the symphony a few times a year, pick an interesting topic (not everything would be my cup of tea) and you can get killer seats for 100s of dollars cheaper then Oiler tickets. Had premo balcony seats last time I went for like 65 bucks plus fees

Best part is I dont leave angry which virtually every oiler game caused.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
They need to seriously up the in game knowledge given. The game I was at was the game Chiasson was injured. No announcement that he left the game, no highlight of the hit or anything. At least on TV they tell you any info you need. If there is a coaches challenge or anything like that no in building announcement of why were sitting for 5 minutes waiting to hear from war room.

The in between period entertainment is horrible but im not sure what else they could do. Never really been to NHL games anywhere else to compare but other teams must put more effort in than the Oilers do. Im not expecting full Vegas but something beyond the kiss cam and sitting in silence would be nice

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
They need to seriously up the in game knowledge given. The game I was at was the game Chiasson was injured. No announcement that he left the game, no highlight of the hit or anything. At least on TV they tell you any info you need. If there is a coaches challenge or anything like that no in building announcement of why were sitting for 5 minutes waiting to hear from war room.

The in between period entertainment is horrible but im not sure what else they could do. Never really been to NHL games anywhere else to compare but other teams must put more effort in than the Oilers do. Im not expecting full Vegas but something beyond the kiss cam and sitting in silence would be nice
I'm really want to go to Vegas, everyone seems to rave about the in game experience.

The sad part is the loudest the Oilers games get is when they do the competition of which side is louder to win a prize (It's the brewhouse beers filling up). The building never gets close to as loud as when they run that shtick.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Speaking of loud, they need to cut the volume of the music they play in half. Can't even hear myself think.

I’ve complained about that for years. In Montreal they did just that this year.

I don’t mind it cranked during the team skating on the ice at the start of the games and periods but turning it down a bit during in game is more than reasonable.

Reactions: boredem and guymez

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Season ticket holder event tonight?
The focus group thingy or whatever is tomorrow. Picture thing was today. I didn't go. Also did not give tickets away as I wanted to uphold my boycott." but wah wah wah some children could have used those" The children can go to whatever they want when they pay 90 grand on season tickets.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
The focus group thingy or whatever is tomorrow. Picture thing was today. I didn't go. Also did not give tickets away as I wanted to uphold my boycott." but wah wah wah some children could have used those" The children can go to whatever they want when they pay 90 grand on season tickets.
Do they usually state anything interesting during the picture thing?

I just want to hear how they can possibly talk about the direction of the team.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Do they state anything interesting during the picture thing usually?

They never really said anything of value the times I hung around for it. Deflected most criticisms.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Got to go to the sportsnet lounge for the dec 27th game. Tickets were given and it was an awesome experience (play of Oilers not withstanding).

Afterwards though the 4 of us all agreed could you imagine if we just paid $1200 dollars plus gst for that.

I feel like I could win the lottery tomorrow and still have a hard time justifying that cost.

I used to go to 6-8 games a year, haven’t gone to a single game this year, I’d buy 2 tickets to the game, good seats, so about 250 or more a seat. So say 500 over 6 games? $3000 at minimum for what? A team with brutal management stuck in turmoil forever? If the oilers were a high end top team the experience would be worth it. I love the live games, the atmosphere around the team when there winning in Edmonton is electric.
But those who have spent thousands over the last 12 years on tickets, do you still find joy in the cost? I can’t imagine me spending 10 cents to watch this team live, as I’m from out of town, not worth the effort

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

No doubt, when you get to have a top notch experience for free, it is a lot of fun. But reality hits for all the other times and it’s a mostly unreachable goal for most.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I used to go to 6-8 games a year, haven’t gone to a single game this year, I’d buy 2 tickets to the game, good seats, so about 250 or more a seat. So say 500 over 6 games? $3000 at minimum for what? A team with brutal management stuck in turmoil forever? If the oilers were a high end top team the experience would be worth it. I love the live games, the atmosphere around the team when there winning in Edmonton is electric.
But those who have spent thousands over the last 12 years on tickets, do you still find joy in the cost? I can’t imagine me spending 10 cents to watch this team live, as I’m from out of town, not worth the effort
I went to a Golden Bears game again recently and man is that ever fast and physical hockey, and good atmosphere. For people who are actually fans of live hockey I highly recommend it.

The tickets are $16 and in that old rink you are on top of the ice it's great.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

And see I don't get why listening to horrible music live where the guys are one step away from the geriatric ward is entertaining.

And by horrible I mean it sounds awful because guys are either gasping for air or live music just doesn't sound as good as the Itunes version

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Chuba

Jan 26, 2007
I sent a nasty email to my Oilers rep to vent about my frustration and disappointment after the Carolina game. I basically told him that i will not renew after this season. My bottom line was Oilers was supposed to be an entertainment business and I was not entertained at all since the playoff run. He called me today and I just said I will not spend another penny with this team until Chia is fired...he offered to come see me at tonight's game during intermission...you can sense that they are really desperate this time...during the old days...they had a long list of waiting list people...i guess all the spots were filled up already.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Do they usually state anything interesting during the picture thing?

I seen the event sheet on Twitter, and it mentioned that The Hot Stove portion was cancelled... Obviously they knew it wouldn't go well.

Attachments

• D72CA7FF-1C9E-4E56-A321-D9AC20C952EC.jpeg
    D72CA7FF-1C9E-4E56-A321-D9AC20C952EC.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 60

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I sent a nasty email to my Oilers rep to vent about my frustration and disappointment after the Carolina game. I basically told him that i will not renew after this season. My bottom line was Oilers was supposed to be an entertainment business and I was not entertained at all since the playoff run. He called me today and I just said I will not spend another penny with this team until Chia is fired...he offered to come see me at tonight's game during intermission...you can sense that they are really desperate this time...during the old days...they had a long list of waiting list people...i guess all the spots were filled up already.
Lol, I was curious if they were still telling you guys to bend over and take it because of the waiting list and there was somebody eager to take your spot. This is a fascinating development.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad