Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuba

Jan 26, 2007
Lol, I was curious if they were still telling you guys to bend over and take it because of the waiting list and there was somebody eager to take your spot. This is a fascinating development.

I will see what he says tonight and give u guys an update. Lol. He did offer a drink on the phone though. Lol

Reactions: Aerrol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I sent a nasty email to my Oilers rep to vent about my frustration and disappointment after the Carolina game. I basically told him that i will not renew after this season. My bottom line was Oilers was supposed to be an entertainment business and I was not entertained at all since the playoff run. He called me today and I just said I will not spend another penny with this team until Chia is fired...he offered to come see me at tonight's game during intermission...you can sense that they are really desperate this time...during the old days...they had a long list of waiting list people...i guess all the spots were filled up already.

Good for you. We need more fans to take a stand like this.

No season ticket renewals until there is a competent GM in place here.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I sent a nasty email to my Oilers rep to vent about my frustration and disappointment after the Carolina game. I basically told him that i will not renew after this season. My bottom line was Oilers was supposed to be an entertainment business and I was not entertained at all since the playoff run. He called me today and I just said I will not spend another penny with this team until Chia is fired...he offered to come see me at tonight's game during intermission...you can sense that they are really desperate this time...during the old days...they had a long list of waiting list people...i guess all the spots were filled up already.

I think that there are a ton of people cancelling this year. I was offered an incentive to sign another 3 years for my Loge seats and was going to renew anyway so took the incentive ($500 in Rogers Bucks which I give to my kids when I give them tickets) so I am locked in for 3 more. I know a couple of people with Loge seats that are bailing. A lot of the Loge tables were sold with 7 year deals as well, my friend went for that when the tickets originally went on sale.

I missed the Carolina game as I was under the weather, first time I missed a game this year that I was in town for. Glad I didn't force myself to go to that one! Hoping at least we get an effort tonight.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This must be a horrible job right now.

Chuba

Jan 26, 2007
I think that there are a ton of people cancelling this year. I was offered an incentive to sign another 3 years for my Loge seats and was going to renew anyway so took the incentive ($500 in Rogers Bucks which I give to my kids when I give them tickets) so I am locked in for 3 more. I know a couple of people with Loge seats that are bailing. A lot of the Loge tables were sold with 7 year deals as well, my friend went for that when the tickets originally went on sale.

I missed the Carolina game as I was under the weather, first time I missed a game this year that I was in town for. Glad I didn't force myself to go to that one! Hoping at least we get an effort tonight.

Only 500 oilers bucks for a 3 year renewal?? They have to do better than that. But like u mentioned u r going to renew anyways. It’s good to have sth.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Only 500 oilers bucks for a 3 year renewal?? They have to do better than that. But like u mentioned u r going to renew anyways. It’s good to have sth.

Yeah I thought it was kind of cheap to be honest, would have thought I would have gotten a lower locked in price on the tickets over the commitment time but better than a kick in the ass and my kids love it when I give them $100 in Rogers Bucks to pay for their dinner at Studio 99. I like the benefits of being able to book any concert ahead of the crowd and usually have my same seats and being guaranteed those tickets for the World Jr and upcoming NHL events they have hinted at like the All Star game and the NHL Draft where we get to see Edmontons geniuses draft another first round bust.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No kidding. I let him to know that it’s not his fault that the team played like crap. So the anger wasn’t towards him and hopefully he didn’t have bad feeling about it. I also said I knew I wasn’t the only one and he just chuckled. Lol
Although I've worked with some salesmen that were assholes and give you the whole "it is what it is, deal with it". So for some of the reps I don't feel bad, but the good ones I do.

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
Did anyone go to the photo event yesterday? I prefer the signature event but brought the family since it's probably the last year i'll be season ticket holder.

It turned out to be a decent event. the lines moved quickly and it didn't seem as busy as previous signature events; not sure sure if people didnt bother because it wasnt signature event or because of the stinker the night before. Players were awesome to my kids though and the getting to be seen on the jumbo tron was nice. Cant complain with free hot dog and pop too

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Has everyone received their renewal packages already? I haven't yet and I wonder if maybe the Oilers sent out the first wave and got such a negative response they decided to hold off until they could take some action.

madmutter

F**king Phenomenal
Jun 6, 2009
Just got this email from the Oilers. It wouldn't matter what it said, these clowns have had their chance and it's time for them all to go.

Dear X,

This morning the Oilers organization announced that Peter Chiarelli has been relieved of his duties as President and General Manager of the hockey club. It became apparent with the continued trend of our team’s performance that further change to the organization was required at this time.

The process to hire a new General Manager will begin immediately. At the same time, I will oversee the day-to-day hockey operations of the club on an interim basis.

Our current results are unacceptable to everyone who cares about the Oilers. We are committed to returning the team to a point where it can compete for the Stanley Cup in as short of a window as possible, but we will not mortgage the future to do so. You deserve no less and we are all committed to this goal.

We thank you for your passion for the Oilers and your ongoing support as a Season Seat Holder.

Sincerely
Bob Nicholson
CEO & Vice Chair
Oilers Entertainment Group
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm going to credit you for the Chiarelli firing.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Uncle Nicky, McT and Lowe etc were probably under pressure from the bossman to do something exciting with the ST push in full swing, and public sentiment against the team rising. Had Katz fired every last one of them, perhaps there would be some real value in renewing. But this is window dressing. Big window dressing mind you, but it scares me to think the same group will be doing the hire again.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The timing was perfect. Lol. The rep bought me a beer during intermission and we talked a little bit. I bet this won’t be the first beer he gave out this season. At least chia was fired. But I still lean towards of not renewing. It’s not easy.
I’m thinking you guys needed to ask for more than just Chiarelli. That was too easy for them.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just got this email from the Oilers. It wouldn't matter what it said, these clowns have had their chance and it's time for them all to go.

Dear X,

This morning the Oilers organization announced that Peter Chiarelli has been relieved of his duties as President and General Manager of the hockey club. It became apparent with the continued trend of our team’s performance that further change to the organization was required at this time.

The process to hire a new General Manager will begin immediately. At the same time, I will oversee the day-to-day hockey operations of the club on an interim basis.

Our current results are unacceptable to everyone who cares about the Oilers. We are committed to returning the team to a point where it can compete for the Stanley Cup in as short of a window as possible, but we will not mortgage the future to do so. You deserve no less and we are all committed to this goal.

We thank you for your passion for the Oilers and your ongoing support as a Season Seat Holder.

Sincerely
Bob Nicholson
CEO & Vice Chair
Oilers Entertainment Group
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Yeah I got the same letter.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The timing was perfect. Lol. The rep bought me a beer during intermission and we talked a little bit. I bet this won’t be the first beer he gave out this season. At least chia was fired. But I still lean towards of not renewing. It’s not easy.

It isn’t easy especially if you like going to the games. With the OBC around I tend to believe we are on a merry go round of mediocrity. I hope they change this in the off season.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I'd say if you are planning on cancelling to send a message to the organization just keep the tickets. There are plenty of people waiting in line that will buy them up, the Oilers don't care about resale values they only care about selling out.

If you like going and you can look at your cost per game and decide that the entertainment value you get is worth that cost then keep them!

Chuba

Jan 26, 2007
It isn’t easy especially if you like going to the games. With the OBC around I tend to believe we are on a merry go round of mediocrity. I hope they change this in the off season.

U r right...i have been the season ticket holder since I could afford it...not sure if it's 12 or 13 years already...but it got to a point where you don't want to pay them anymore...their product is worse than shit...

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Chuba

Jan 26, 2007
I'd say if you are planning on cancelling to send a message to the organization just keep the tickets. There are plenty of people waiting in line that will buy them up, the Oilers don't care about resale values they only care about selling out.

If you like going and you can look at your cost per game and decide that the entertainment value you get is worth that cost then keep them!

yes...it's a lot cheaper to get resale tickets now...i understand that the price will go up if they play well in the future...but for now...u don't get value of what you pay...like the poster above mentioned it...the cyber monday 40% off deal was ridiculous...it's even cheaper than Season tickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad