Season Ticket Holder Discussion Thread: Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think this will just come off as complaining, but since you asked....

I don’t think they will ever get me back to be honest. Like others have mentioned, I’ve considered not renewing for some time now.
I feel like I was taken for granted (or taken advantage of if that makes sense?). I know, I know what that sounds like, but I feel the team thought they had a bunch of lemmings for fans that will eat up whatever garbage they throw out on the ice, no matter the price.

The biggest issue for me was the financial commitment (I’m not rich and can’t write it off on taxes). The smugness of the team to consistently jack the price of the tickets over the years yet put a crappy product on the ice did it for me. So they didn’t raise the price this renewal. It took them this long to figure it out? That should have been done years ago!

Also, they didn’t give a crap about the secondary market until now for some reason. I lost money on the games I couldn’t go to over the years, but this year I lost a LOT of money on games I couldn't make - which seemed to be more often then not for my family due to work and life getting in the way. Either way, I should be able to get somewhat of my initial investment back if I sell my tickets. This year I had to sell tickets for less than 25% of what I paid for them on the ticket exchange. And not just once - this was a pretty common theme except for the big draw games. That math does not add up to me. To add the “cyber sale” b.s. on top of it just straight up pissed me off.

Another thing I found very odd. My rep only would email me once a year, basically to tell me what his/her phone number was if I needed to get a hold of them. That was pretty consistent during my 14 year tenure as a season ticket holder. This never really bothered me but reflecting on it now it probably should have. Never was called to see how things were, if i needed anything or offered me a damn thing for my patronage over the years, until about December of this last season where they all of a sudden started to “care”. Started getting multiple emails from them - my rep even offered to buy me a drink at the game (I didn’t take them up on it). Weird huh?

I also found the new perks to be lacklustre to be honest. 15% off food & beverages? Np - we will just jack the prices 15%! I can go to a practice? No I can’t - I have a job! Tour of the building? Don’t care!

And finally the on ice product...charging contender prices for a pretender roster...do I need to say more? My first season seats in Rexall were $22 each in 2005. We are a long way from that now. Edmonton is a blue collar town and we have our limits. I think the team has hit/passed it and people have had enough.

I don't think it comes off as complaining, it's called valid customer concerns. We know what those concerns are but what really bugs me is that so many of those blue collar hard earned dollars in a miserable recession have gone towards financing and coddling a bloated organization chart where no one seems to know exactly who is in charge.

I know its been asked a thousand times before but what exactly do most of these guys do all day? Whatever the answer, this inefficiency shouldn't be at the ticket buyer's expense.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
I think this will just come off as complaining, but since you asked....

I don’t think they will ever get me back to be honest. Like others have mentioned, I’ve considered not renewing for some time now.
I feel like I was taken for granted (or taken advantage of if that makes sense?). I know, I know what that sounds like, but I feel the team thought they had a bunch of lemmings for fans that will eat up whatever garbage they throw out on the ice, no matter the price.

The biggest issue for me was the financial commitment (I’m not rich and can’t write it off on taxes). The smugness of the team to consistently jack the price of the tickets over the years yet put a crappy product on the ice did it for me. So they didn’t raise the price this renewal. It took them this long to figure it out? That should have been done years ago!

Also, they didn’t give a crap about the secondary market until now for some reason. I lost money on the games I couldn’t go to over the years, but this year I lost a LOT of money on games I couldn't make - which seemed to be more often then not for my family due to work and life getting in the way. Either way, I should be able to get somewhat of my initial investment back if I sell my tickets. This year I had to sell tickets for less than 25% of what I paid for them on the ticket exchange. And not just once - this was a pretty common theme except for the big draw games. That math does not add up to me. To add the “cyber sale” b.s. on top of it just straight up pissed me off.

Another thing I found very odd. My rep only would email me once a year, basically to tell me what his/her phone number was if I needed to get a hold of them. That was pretty consistent during my 14 year tenure as a season ticket holder. This never really bothered me but reflecting on it now it probably should have. Never was called to see how things were, if i needed anything or offered me a damn thing for my patronage over the years, until about December of this last season where they all of a sudden started to “care”. Started getting multiple emails from them - my rep even offered to buy me a drink at the game (I didn’t take them up on it). Weird huh?

I also found the new perks to be lacklustre to be honest. 15% off food & beverages? Np - we will just jack the prices 15%! I can go to a practice? No I can’t - I have a job! Tour of the building? Don’t care!

And finally the on ice product...charging contender prices for a pretender roster...do I need to say more? My first season seats in Rexall were $22 each in 2005. We are a long way from that now. Edmonton is a blue collar town and we have our limits. I think the team has hit/passed it and people have had enough.

I cant imagine a more bang on post about the OEG's treatment of its clients.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Surprised to see so many ST holders saying they didn't renew. I wonder how much of that is actually truthful though. Sounds good in a complain type thread like this, but I'm skeptical how much of it is real.

hoove17

Oct 29, 2015
Surprised to see so many ST holders saying they didn't renew. I wonder how much of that is actually truthful though. Sounds good in a complain type thread like this, but I'm skeptical how much of it is real.
I know right? I totally came to this thread to lie about my decision.
Boy does this sure represent the attitude towards STHs on this site.
- "It's all your fault the Oilers suck. You keep giving them your money. Stop it!"
-"I finally decided not to renew. It was a tough decision as it's been a substantial part of my life for quite a few years."
- "Oh yeah right, LIAR!"

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I know right? I totally came to this thread to lie about my decision.
Boy does this sure represent the attitude towards STHs on this site.
- "It's all your fault the Oilers suck. You keep giving them your money. Stop it!"
-"I finally decided not to renew. It was a tough decision as it's been a substantial part of my life for quite a few years."
- "Oh yeah right, LIAR!"
Whoa. I have never said anything disparaging about season ticket holders so not sure why the attack.
My comment was a general one, not pointed at anyone directly.
I hope those who said they didn't renew are being truthful. I have heard many people who have tickets say they will not renew and are done, but at the last minute renew anyways. That was my point.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad