Season Officially Suspended -- COVID-19/Coronavirus Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Not good. We need cops protecting businesses and people from the violent mobs. We don't need armed vigilantes. This will spiral out of control.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The thing about ANTIFA is that they are not anti-fascism, they are pro-anarchy. Agents of chaos. It should not be lost in these current events that the so-called far left (ANTIFA) and the so-called far right (White Supremicists) are actually far closer to each other than they are to the actual left and the actual right. The “political spectrum “ isn’t linear, it is a circle that doesn’t quite connect at the extreme ends.
The most insightful post I have read in this thread. Thank you MissouriMook.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
In general, I'm seeing lots of restraint by the cops. An occasional cheap shot by a cop you can find here or there. But watch videos of shops being looted, no cops. Police cars en mass being destroyed, no cops. Watch the protests at the White House, the Secret Service is very reserved while taking lots of abuse. Also note that in Minneapolis the cops abandoned one of their precincts. Look at Portland, Antifa and anarchists run the city center.

I showed a video link of the NG rolling into a neighborhood and shooting paint pellets at people at their front door, not good. Other than that, I see a strategy by the police and NG that has avoided using brute force. I think they realize that the external agitators in the crowds are looking for a force on force moment that leads to many deaths. There are bad people in those crowds looking for this to lead to rebellion. The cops won't give them that excuse.
Again, the article I posted had multiple examples Of cops assaulting protesters. I will repost here: Police Erupt in Violence Nationwide

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Some right wing nutjob went to the SLC protests with a machete and fired a bow at the protesters. There are absolutely white supremacists showing up to instigate.

The far right's goal is to create an ethnostate through any means, including genocide. Even if anarchists' main goal was to create chaos(it isn't), they're not even remotely close. Circular political theory is one of those things that sound good if you don't understand these movements but have no basis in reality. Further, antifa is not an organization, it's an ideology. There aren't really any clear organization you can point to as antifa, whereas with White Supremacy you have the Proud Boys, KKK, Aryan Nation, Stormfront, three percenters, etc.
There are definitely white supremacists stirring up chaos in the protests. I despise their agenda as much as you do, but if you are going to defend Antifa, it will fall on deaf ears here. They are entitled people inciting violence for the sake of violence. They are just as bad as the white supremacists.

Reactions: Punished ROR

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
The thing about ANTIFA is that they are not anti-fascism, they are pro-anarchy. Agents of chaos. It should not be lost in these current events that the so-called far left (ANTIFA) and the so-called far right (White Supremicists) are actually far closer to each other than they are to the actual left and the actual right. The “political spectrum “ isn’t linear, it is a circle that doesn’t quite connect at the extreme ends.
Bang on, bruvva!!!!

I’ve been saying this for a long time. It is a circle. Just like a revolution, the circular political spectrum eventually meets right up next to the very ideal that was fought against.

Bravissimo!!!

Good stuff, Mookie.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The end surprised me, and I don't mean when they hand over the guy with the hammer to the police...watch for it

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
St. Louis still stable. Hopefully we learned from Ferguson that there is no "pay off" to this madness. Plus the Blues brought some pride back to this city.

Cross your fingers STL. Cross your fingers.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
STL

So one guy is stuck between the trailer...dead

Everybody else looting...having a good time

Welcome to America, summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events