Season Officially Suspended -- COVID-19/Coronavirus Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Here is what looks like an Antifa organizer behind the scenes. Could he be a white supremacist? Maybe. At the end of the day, this whole thing has been hijacked by crazy people and society is starting to break down. Very sad.

Reactions: Ranksu

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I could go on and on about this. I encourage you to turn off the networks and their biased presentations and just look at what folks are posting. Keep a skeptical eye, of course, but look at the raw info. Lots of stuff going on here that isn't one side (bad) versus another side (good). There are agitators playing out bigger agendas here and people are suffering for it.

I leave this, a kid in Rochester calls it as he sees it. He has to live in the mayhem that others have caused.

Reactions: Ranksu

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Again...on and on...videos of Mercedes Benz being stolen from dealerships, pianos being looted from a piano store...all these videos can be found, shot raw by people in the crowds....

And even cheesecake being stolen....

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
So stop pinning all of this on one extreme group or another...lots of bad actors are agitating...but at the end of the day it's about people making shitty choices...stealing, destroying, hurting, and killing...and trying to justify it with BS rationales.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
The thing about ANTIFA is that they are not anti-fascism, they are pro-anarchy. Agents of chaos. It should not be lost in these current events that the so-called far left (ANTIFA) and the so-called far right (White Supremicists) are actually far closer to each other than they are to the actual left and the actual right. The “political spectrum “ isn’t linear, it is a circle that doesn’t quite connect at the extreme ends.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
This is who is getting hurt by this crap ...

And the idiot with the shorts, white Tshirt and 2x4 just stands there like he's watching a movie. He does nothing. He watches brutality feet away and does nothing. The mob owns this street, it owns his life, he is nothing. I want to say decades ago the neighborhood would have stopped this and come to the woman's aid, but maybe I'm wrong and it has always been like this.

Humanity sucks right now.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Humanity sucks right now.
Humanity is actually pretty f***ing awesome right now, all things considered. You just choose to focus on the worst aspects of it and it is warping your perception of reality. The VAST majority of humanity right now is making sacrifices to help their fellow man (staying home when possible, respecting social distancing, helping their neighbors, ect).

Please stop re-posting this crap under the guise that people need to "look at the raw info" in order to get at some imagined truth that the news isn't reporting. Reposting videos from an account named "Exudos_To_Liberty" with the hashtag "SorosRiots" is not helping. This is sensationalism, not "truth."

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Humanity is actually pretty f***ing awesome right now, all things considered. You just choose to focus on the worst aspects of it and it is warping your perception of reality. The VAST majority of humanity right now is making sacrifices to help their fellow man (staying home when possible, respecting social distancing, helping their neighbors, ect).

Please stop re-posting this crap under the guise that people need to "look at the raw info" in order to get at some imagined truth that the news isn't reporting. Reposting videos from an account named "Exudos_To_Liberty" with the hashtag "SorosRiots" is not helping. This is sensationalism, not "truth."
So where do you get your truth?

Go back and read what I said. View the raw footage with a skeptical eye. Question what the networks are showing. I've said all of that. I don't think any news network can be trusted 100%. They all filter and push agendas all day long. So we are left with raw footage. You can call it crap or whatever. Maybe you live in a bubble. I don't know. There are no riots in my neighborhood. I live quite well, actually. But I'm part of this world, so seeing my country's major cities go through with this is upsetting even though it has zero impact on me right now.

Is humanity generally good? Sure. But it looks pretty poor right now that we can't even unify around something that was unjust. We've fragmented. So back to your bubble.

Thallis

Progression is not linear
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
The riots have been peaceful in some, but were destructive from sthe start in most. I'm not pushing back on police aiding in escalation. There has been little evidence of the mainstream media narrative of right-wing violence in this, much less than the evidence of Antifa anarchists. That guy in Portland that had his face punted in by antifa, the husband and wife in Rochester beaten with 2x4s, and many other incidents. Videos of BLM getting made at white antifa for vandalizing buildings because they know BLM will be blamed. Most of the violence is antifa.

Some right wing nutjob went to the SLC protests with a machete and fired a bow at the protesters. There are absolutely white supremacists showing up to instigate.

The thing about ANTIFA is that they are not anti-fascism, they are pro-anarchy. Agents of chaos. It should not be lost in these current events that the so-called far left (ANTIFA) and the so-called far right (White Supremicists) are actually far closer to each other than they are to the actual left and the actual right. The “political spectrum “ isn’t linear, it is a circle that doesn’t quite connect at the extreme ends.

The far right's goal is to create an ethnostate through any means, including genocide. Even if anarchists' main goal was to create chaos(it isn't), they're not even remotely close. Circular political theory is one of those things that sound good if you don't understand these movements but have no basis in reality. Further, antifa is not an organization, it's an ideology. There aren't really any clear organization you can point to as antifa, whereas with White Supremacy you have the Proud Boys, KKK, Aryan Nation, Stormfront, three percenters, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This thread has transformed into a multipurpose political thread now. Is that desired on the Blues forum? There’s a site general forum where political stuff can live, but I don’t forecast much happening on here besides argument.

It’s amazing how quickly concerns about Covid-19 took a back seat. I’m hopeful that in a few short weeks talk about actual hockey will do much the same again.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This thread has transformed into a multipurpose political thread now. Is that desired on the Blues forum? There’s a site general forum where political stuff can live, but I don’t forecast much happening on here besides argument.

It’s amazing how quickly concerns about Covid-19 took a back seat. I’m hopeful that in a few short weeks talk about actual hockey will do much the same again.
Hey you can start soon to comparision with riots vs. covid-19 deaths.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Nice how you ignore my point of the police escalating this.
In general, I'm seeing lots of restraint by the cops. An occasional cheap shot by a cop you can find here or there. But watch videos of shops being looted, no cops. Police cars en mass being destroyed, no cops. Watch the protests at the White House, the Secret Service is very reserved while taking lots of abuse. Also note that in Minneapolis the cops abandoned one of their precincts. Look at Portland, Antifa and anarchists run the city center.

I showed a video link of the NG rolling into a neighborhood and shooting paint pellets at people at their front door, not good. Other than that, I see a strategy by the police and NG that has avoided using brute force. I think they realize that the external agitators in the crowds are looking for a force on force moment that leads to many deaths. There are bad people in those crowds looking for this to lead to rebellion. The cops won't give them that excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->