Season Officially Suspended -- COVID-19/Coronavirus Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
I have an idea.
How about we just go full-blown Mexican standoff.
Joe Biden picks Donald Trump as VP, and Trump promises to replace Pence with Biden as VP if he wins the next election.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
They are, though. They’ve targeted police stations, which I think is great.

Here’s the thing: if white people would have been as outraged about the actual issue in the first place as much as they are about looting, then we would have never gotten to this point for the looting to even happen. But, here we are, because a lot of people value a Target burning down more than human lives.

You're being played like a fiddle by the media.

This isn't a race related issue, it's a police brutality issue and it's been condemned across the board. But since you have placed blame squarely on "white people" again I have a few questions for you.

Why don't black people ever seem to have a problem or start rioting when black people kill each other? Only seems to be a problem when the race card can be played. Guess it's not news worthy if you can't play the identity politics game eh?

Why is it that when a black cop kills a black person the media doesn't report it? Sounds like selective outrage and it's been that way as long as I can remember.

For that matter why isn't there more discussion about black criminality and the dire consequences of fatherless households? Because I don't see problems that plague the black community getting addressed other than railing against perceived racism when an opportunity to push that narrative comes up.

These are all fair questions to put to someone else making the claims you are and blaming white people. So either come up with some legit answers or stfu about it.

Your last paragraph is hilarious. I guess people suddenly don't need stores to shop in anymore. Yeah that can't possibly effect way more lives than one dead guy.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You're being played like a fiddle by the media.

This isn't a race related issue, it's a police brutality issue and it's been condemned across the board. But since you have placed blame squarely on "white people" again I have a few questions for you.

Why don't black people ever seem to have a problem or start rioting when black people kill each other? Only seems to be a problem when the race card can be played. Guess it's not news worthy if you can't play the identity politics game eh?

Why is it that when a black cop kills a black person the media doesn't report it? Sounds like selective outrage and it's been that way as long as I can remember.

For that matter why isn't there more discussion about black criminality and the dire consequences of fatherless households? Because I don't see problems that plague the black community getting addressed other than railing against perceived racism when an opportunity to push that narrative comes up.

These are all fair questions to put to someone else making the claims you are and blaming white people. So either come up with some legit answers or stfu about it.

Your last paragraph is hilarious. I guess people suddenly don't need stores to shop in anymore. Yeah that can't possibly effect way more lives than one dead guy.
Lol.

I’ve seen your other political related posts and you’re not even worth giving a response to so I’ll make it quick.

Keep beating the drum that the media is out to get you and your boy Donnie. Clueless f***. :laugh:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lol.

I’ve seen your other political related posts and you’re not even worth giving a response to so I’ll make it quick.

Keep beating the drum that the media is out to get you and your boy Donnie. Clueless f***. :laugh:

Yeah that's pretty much the response I expected, a whole lot of nothing. Hey you even used the classic BlueDream emoji add to really drive your point home. Great work!

Reactions: ChicagoBlues

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
@BlueDream @TK 421

giphy.gif

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I can see both sides. The image of the 3rd Precinct going up in flames as a symbol of black rage against an inherently racist establishment was very stirring. I almost cheered. But as I watched last night, it seems like it is changing. Perhaps I am reacting emotionally , and with my own biases, but it seemed I was watching mostly white teenagers on a vandalism spree. It seems like the demonstrations have lost the original focus and have become something else. Another thing nobody has pointed out is those fires went up really quickly and effectively. It looks to me like they were set by somebody who knows what they were doing. I am wondering how much of the destruction is caused by outside "professional" agitators. I hope I am not offending anyone. It is painful for me to watch this right now, but I can't look away.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I can see both sides. The image of the 3rd Precinct going up in flames as a symbol of black rage against an inherently racist establishment was very stirring. I almost cheered. But as I watched last night, it seems like it is changing. Perhaps I am reacting emotionally , and with my own biases, but it seemed I was watching mostly white teenagers on a vandalism spree. It seems like the demonstrations have lost the original focus and have become something else. Another thing nobody has pointed out is those fires went up really quickly and effectively. It looks to me like they were set by somebody who knows what they were doing. I am wondering how much of the destruction is caused by outside "professional" agitators. I hope I am not offending anyone. It is painful for me to watch this right now, but I can't look away.
It's a mess, we are seeing conflicting reports all over the place. There was a video of black protesters guarding a white police officer that got separated, that's something that should be highlighted more by the media because there are clearly bad actors in this making the current narrative. We've seen evidence of Antifa and anarchists doing quite a bit of damage, we've seen conflicting reports on if the main culprits in Minneapolis are from Minnesota or from outside the state. Who knows what's going on, I just have a feeling nothing is actually going to change at the end of this.

Every time this happens, I just wonder if it's just a real life Stanford Prison experiment and it's that human nature power dynamic.

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
It's a mess, we are seeing conflicting reports all over the place. There was a video of black protesters guarding a white police officer that got separated, that's something that should be highlighted more by the media because there are clearly bad actors in this making the current narrative. We've seen evidence of Antifa and anarchists doing quite a bit of damage, we've seen conflicting reports on if the main culprits in Minneapolis are from Minnesota or from outside the state. Who knows what's going on, I just have a feeling nothing is actually going to change at the end of this.

Every time this happens, I just wonder if it's just a real life Stanford Prison experiment and it's that human nature power dynamic.
Yes, I was thinking exactly of Antifa. They call themselves "anti-fascists", but it has been my experience that they are really more interested in the fight than in the cause. This is first hand, btw, as I know people who support this group and I have met some of them. Most of them are entitled, disgruntled people with authority issues, not the freedom fighters that they claim to be. In any case, they are having a field day right now.

Last edited:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We've descended into madness.

The protests are OVER. This is now rioting, looting, and violence. We've lost that moment to unify over the death of a man at the hands of a bad cop.

I've watched horrific video after horrific on Twitter. It's getting worse and worse.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

The protests are OVER. This is now rioting, looting, and violence. We've lost that moment to unify over the death of a man at the hands of a bad cop.

I've watched horrific video after horrific on Twitter. It's getting worse and worse.

I can't un-see this. Dear Lord.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019

You are the waiting in the wings until they lose a game type of Blues “fan” and you come post this video?

Yes it is a gross video but it doesn’t sit well that you chose to spread this one here. There are endless videos of police showing how stupid and dangerous they are during these protests/riots.

On what’s going on with the riots, we all know that a certain percentage of these people out in these cities are scum. That doesn’t change the fact that police/politicians of all kinds have been corrupt and abusing their power for a long time.

If you didn’t realize that serious riots would be a major risk of any long term and strict lockdown in the US, then you are very detached from reality. They just needed one spark.

Reactions: jura

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
You are the waiting in the wings until they lose a game type of Blues “fan” and you come post this video?

Yes it is a gross video but it doesn’t sit well that you chose to spread this one here. There are endless videos of police showing how stupid and dangerous they are during these protests/riots.

On what’s going on with the riots, we all know that a certain percentage of these people out in these cities are scum. That doesn’t change the fact that police/politicians of all kinds have been corrupt and abusing their power for a long time.

If you didn’t realize that serious riots would be a major risk of any long term and strict lockdown in the US, then you are very detached from reality. They just needed one spark.

Sounds like you have a personal grievance with me. I'll put you on the ignore list and be done with it. No further conversation needed.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The riots have pretty much unilaterally started as peaceful until police start attacking the crowd with tear gas and less lethal weaponry, and there's some evidence that a lot of the damage is being started by undercover police and white supremacists.
The riots have been peaceful in some, but were destructive from sthe start in most. I'm not pushing back on police aiding in escalation. There has been little evidence of the mainstream media narrative of right-wing violence in this, much less than the evidence of Antifa anarchists. That guy in Portland that had his face punted in by antifa, the husband and wife in Rochester beaten with 2x4s, and many other incidents. Videos of BLM getting made at white antifa for vandalizing buildings because they know BLM will be blamed. Most of the violence is antifa.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The riots have pretty much unilaterally started as peaceful until police start attacking the crowd with tear gas and less lethal weaponry, and there's some evidence that a lot of the damage is being started by undercover police and white supremacists.

Nonsense

What started as a peaceful protest against police brutality has been hijacked by extremists, anarchists, and nihilists across the spectrum.

I've watched plenty of Twitter videos over the last few days posted by people in the crowds. All kinds of agendas beyond justice for what happened to George Floyd.

The Left blames the far right
The Right blames the far left

It may be possible that there are neo Nazis in the crowd agitating, but I've seen little to no evidence of this. Common sense says they are probably there causing harm. However, I've seen plenty of Antifa and anarchists agitating. Plenty of raw video in Twitter can be seen.

But mostly it's just plain looting for personal economic gain, no politics, no agenda, just theft...

Best Buy in Oakland

Reactions: Ranksu

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Here's an African American woman calling out two white girls hijacking the protest. Looks like Antifa girls to me...could be neo Nazis, but they don't fit the profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad