Good: Kakko, Lundqvist
Decent: Chytil, Gauthier, Zibanejad, Buchnevich
Everyone else: No impact, nobody cared about them

Reactions: Kords

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank didn't play as well. His first goal was pathetic. He was old, slow and let a crap goal go in from a bad angle. I don't believe for a second Shesterkin was unfit to play. This gutless coach and organization threw an old man a bone and played the third best goalie on the roster because they have nothing between their legs. Take your medicine. This is a below .500 team without Shesterkin in goal. Can't be denied. They are 10-2 with him in net. You don't play him making up some load of crap. Pathetic.
Crap goal from a bad angle? What?

Reactions: haveandare

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
You guys hit it on the head with the individual names.

The big guys did nothing. Kakko was our best skater.

We had no urgency and didn't win loose pucks or make the effort to retrieve them. We handled the puck like a grenade. The officiating sucked but we took to0 many penalties.

We had no plan on the PP. We couldn't get a clean entry. I get it..some credit to Carolina but we can't just dump it in and not even have a forechecker to got get the puck. The concept of an unscreened wrister from the point isn't much better.

Too much chipping the puck to center ice or into the offensive zone with no pursuit.

The unforced turnovers were shocking.

McKegg is a scrub. I counted 5 turnovers and a moronic penalty. For that I rather play VK to be honest.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
No idea if this has anything to do with the play in front of Hank and even the play of Panarin but I have an insider scoop from Panarin. My buddy worked with Varlamov all throughout COVID and one weekend Panarin was with them to skate. This was right when his escrow post came out. And my buddy said 1) Panarin didn't care about practicing during that issue and was enjoying his vodka. 2) he said Hank is pretty much an outcast on the team. Once Zucc was traded he's been a loner and keeping to himself and some guys aren't the biggest fan of him.
Wonder if guys really do play better for Igor and Georgie than Hank. And hopefully Panarin shows up the rest of the series.

If Panarin is more interested in drinking vodka than practicing than this team is in big trouble.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
There was no team work or support either. Any time we got a shot off it was just one guy and no one near him for a pass or rebound.
Did we get any shots off from the point besides Lindgren?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
One down, two to go

Hank played well but if Quinn wants to win, you gotta play Igor next game

Hank had a good game, compared to the amount of shots and chances Carolina had. The rest of the team needs to show up....

But, yeah, I think I'd give Igor a shot at some point.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zib looked better as it went on, Buchnevich was decent, Kakko and Gauthier solid. That's it? I guess Howden wasn't as terrible as usual.

Trouba, DeAngelo were shit. Tony finishing the night with a dumb penalty. Fox...f*** me. Smith did okay. Lindgren I thought was good and aggressive getting into the play.

Lunker was great. First goal was iffy, no chance in the other two. A number of excellent saves. Yes, his rebound control is bad, but all in all he played a good game and if the team in front of him matched his performance, we would have won.

Reactions: ARGD

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This is the most top heavy Rangers roster we've seen in an extremely long time. Even during the Gaborik years at least you had some quality two way players at the bottom of the forward lineup. The way this team is constructed, if Panarin and Zibanejad are not the best players on the ice for both teams by a significant margin this team has no chance of winning.

Reactions: McSauer

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Hank didn't play as well. His first goal was pathetic. He was old, slow and let a crap goal go in from a bad angle. I don't believe for a second Shesterkin was unfit to play. This gutless coach and organization threw an old man a bone and played the third best goalie on the roster because they have nothing between their legs. Take your medicine. This is a below .500 team without Shesterkin in goal. Can't be denied. They are 10-2 with him in net. You don't play him making up some load of crap. Pathetic.
The first goal wasn’t as pathetic as this post.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also I’ll say again our veterans playing like hot garbage isn’t surprising

They know these play-in games are a joke, and it shows by their play

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
No idea if this has anything to do with the play in front of Hank and even the play of Panarin but I have an insider scoop from Panarin. My buddy worked with Varlamov all throughout COVID and one weekend Panarin was with them to skate. This was right when his escrow post came out. And my buddy said 1) Panarin didn't care about practicing during that issue and was enjoying his vodka. 2) he said Hank is pretty much an outcast on the team. Once Zucc was traded he's been a loner and keeping to himself and some guys aren't the biggest fan of him.
Wonder if guys really do play better for Igor and Georgie than Hank. And hopefully Panarin shows up the rest of the series.

Is your friend named Bob Sacamento and can he sell me a "mink" hat?

The whole narrative of the team not playing in front of Hank because they dont like him is a bit ridiculous, especially during the playoffs. I can understand a throwaway game up in Rochester, but this is the damn playoffs.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
If this is true, I’m done with hockey forever.

Well not really, but I’m going to be very sad for the rest of Panarin’s contract

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This game is summed up in 0-7 on the PP and stupid undisciplined penalties from us. Horrible PKing as well. Just bleeding high quality chances.

I really don’t understand anyone blaming Lundqvist. He looked shaky for the first 10 (first start since February will do that)or so but he was damn good the rest of the way. Made tons of very high danger saves. The GWG was off Staal for Christ’s sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad