Post-Game Talk: SCQ #1 - 8/1/20 | RANGERS @ hurricanes

3 Stars, i guess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Listen guys, we were outplayed and a few people on this roster are paid to lead and perform and will need to look in the mirror tonight, but it was a one goal game and Staal kicked the winner in himself. Hank was very good. Rangers game out horribly jittery and progressively got better but had too many no shows and weren’t in sync.

All hope is not lost. This is free playoff experience. We aren’t even supposed to be here.

Kakko was a bright spot. Liked some of what I saw from Gauthier and Buch. Carolina looked like they had a big edge in conditioning, and honestly, conditioning could decide the series. The Rangers were sluggish and part of what made us effective was quick transitions and quick strikes, so if that doesn’t change... enjoy the ride and experience. But this series is far from a blowout. Deserving or not, we could have won this game. Let’s take it a day at a time and hope the guys wake up and shake off their rust.

Voted Hank, Kakko, Buch. Could have voted Smith as well.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Liking Julien, Kaapo, and Filip. They all need more time and we have some dead weight to shed. Not a good game by the big boys.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
played about 8 good minutes out of 60. Hey maybe play like 16 good minutes on monday. Progress right?

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Not enough pressure on Mrazek at any point. Chytil is a lightweight turnover machine at this point, dude needs to hit the weight room.
The lack of depth in the forward group is so clear, nobody in that bottom six seems like they have enough in them to create something when the top 2 lines have an off night.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Few things:

1) Will somebody turn a f***ing light on in this arena?

2) Looked like a team that's never played a playoff game. That's why I wanted to get Shestyorkin in there but he's "unfit to play" or he died or whatever they're telling us.

3) You can't let Greg McKegg, who's never impacted a hockey game in his f***ing sad life, impact a game like that. Talk about unfit to play.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
what the hell was DeAngelo thinking burning 20 seconds behind the net in the last minute and settling for a three line pass breakout?

was he scared to skate it out of the zone with no forecheck?

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Kakko was their only consistent forward on the ice.

Lundqvist was good. Performed more than well enough to win a game for the team.

Panarin/Kreider were abysmal. Zibenejad was bad [I know he scored a goal, outside of that deflection and a couple of good defensive plays he looked poor].

Mrazek was not tested at all. 26 cup cake shots.

DeAngelo is clueless to how much time is left in a game. One minute left, let's wait for 20 seconds behind the net, and then make an outlet pass that gets deflected into the stands?

Quinn needed to light a fire under their ass, and he didn't. We let a winnable game slide.

0 for 7 on the PP.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not sure there were 3 rangers worth votes...can we vote for carolina players? lol

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Besides actually showing a sense of urgency, they need to clean their shit up defensively because they were way too loose in their own zone. Not much else to say other than Hank looked sharp and Kakko looked really good.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Fox was atrocious today, Panarin was terrible and Kreider was a no show!
Hank and Staal were very good, anyone who says otherwise didn't watch the game today.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
This team continuing the tradition of not being prepared at the start of the game. They looked a lot better starting at the middle of the 2nd. They need to start game 2 like that. Ultimately though, as Panarin and Zib go, so go the Rangers. Those 2 need to elevate their game a lot or this is gonna be a short series.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI and Tob

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I am 100% convinced that the team needs to play an adjusted style in front of Henrik and that it throws off the winning style of hockey we had going in the 2nd half of the year. Igor allows them to play their own game more. It worked fine when we had Henrik throwing up shutouts and 1 goal gems every night but this is what you get when he is 38.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll pump the odds that Georgiev is traded and Hank plays backup here next season by another 20%.

I don't think this NYR roster has a statistically significant chance at a cup this playoffs, but they should be able to beat this Hurricanes team. Next game a must win.

If Fast can't go I'd like to see Kravtsov next game, but we will more likely see Lettieri or Gettinger.

Reactions: nyr2k2

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know wednesday was exhibition but two of Panarins worst games of the year...back to back.

Reactions: Tob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad