Post-Game Talk: SCQ #1 - 8/1/20 | RANGERS @ hurricanes

3 Stars, i guess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
We need Nils and K'Andre really badly. Nils is Europe for another year right?

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Mika started to look sharper. Fox and Panarin looked absolutely lost out there. Smith and Goat looked good early. Everyone else not named Kakko or Hank were mostly invisible. Tightly reffed game, was hard to get into a decent flow with all the early whistles.

Reactions: Tob

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
No idea if this has anything to do with the play in front of Hank and even the play of Panarin but I have an insider scoop from Panarin. My buddy worked with Varlamov all throughout COVID and one weekend Panarin was with them to skate. This was right when his escrow post came out. And my buddy said 1) Panarin didn't care about practicing during that issue and was enjoying his vodka. 2) he said Hank is pretty much an outcast on the team. Once Zucc was traded he's been a loner and keeping to himself and some guys aren't the biggest fan of him.
Wonder if guys really do play better for Igor and Georgie than Hank. And hopefully Panarin shows up the rest of the series.

Reactions: CasusBelli

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Hank didn't play as well. His first goal was pathetic. He was old, slow and let a crap goal go in from a bad angle. I don't believe for a second Shesterkin was unfit to play. This gutless coach and organization threw an old man a bone and played the third best goalie on the roster because they have nothing between their legs. Take your medicine. This is a below .500 team without Shesterkin in goal. Can't be denied. They are 10-2 with him in net. You don't play him making up some load of crap. Pathetic.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'll pump the odds that Georgiev is traded and Hank plays backup here next season by another 20%.

I don't think this NYR roster has a statistically significant chance at a cup this playoffs, but they should be able to beat this Hurricanes team. Next game a must win.

If Fast can't go I'd like to see Kravtsov next game, but we will more likely see Lettieri or Gettinger.

ya, it's not even tanking for a whole season to have a shot at a pick. Just 3 losses for a team that is too young and too old at the same time.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
No idea if this has anything to do with the play in front of Hank and even the play of Panarin but I have an insider scoop from Panarin. My buddy worked with Varlamov all throughout COVID and one weekend Panarin was with them to skate. This was right when his escrow post came out. And my buddy said 1) Panarin didn't care about practicing during that issue and was enjoying his vodka. 2) he said Hank is pretty much an outcast on the team. Once Zucc was traded he's been a loner and keeping to himself and some guys aren't the biggest fan of him.
Wonder if guys really do play better for Igor and Georgie than Hank. And hopefully Panarin shows up the rest of the series.
Definitely dislike the sound of this

but sounds about right for a New York athlete who’s set for life

Reactions: CasusBelli

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Trying to take some positive out of this, the big guns looked more like themselves in the 3rd.

mti79

May 11, 2007
stop playing the 4th line. do not let them on the ice for any reason. they're three terrible players that provide no value. easy way to get some more offense.

Yeah, I didn't get to watch a lot this year because of my horde of children but dear God that line is awful. Quinn is going to have to ride his top 9. McKegg is awful. Howden hasn't been much better. Put Letteiri out there with Kravtsov and maybe a 7th defenseman.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Team got better as the game went on. Best moment of the game was Kakko shrugging off Slavin. Slavin is a big dude.

Need to get better at PP. Need more points from the shot and forecheck/board work.

Team's weakness down the middle and with the current D corp will need to be fixed to go on deep runs. Luckily we have 2-3 more D-men coming soon. But need to focus on upgrading Cs.

I think this series is very important for Strome and his future with the team. If he can't make a legit impact in the series i would seriously question giving him a contract to be with the team for 3-4 years.

Zib and Chytil only impactful centers on the roster in the playoffs.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not sure what the fancy stats say but I feel like that was one of howden's better games in a long time...that isn't necessarily saying much but trying to look for anything positive

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kakko, Lindgren, Smith and Lundqvist played well.

Staal, Trouba, ADA and Fox struggled defensively.

Panarin was on a different planet. Zbad started out bad but got better as the game went on.

McMoron should be scratched going forward. Idiot.
Zib looked a lot better once he scored.

Buch looked good.

Kreider looked like he was coming along in the 3rd.

Gauthier looked good too.

Fox and ADA played like they had the jitters, and I think a lot of the Trouba criticism is moreso a carry over from the regular season. He seemed mostly fine to me especially considering the weight of the assignment he has.

Launch Staal into the sun though, I am beyond done with him

EDIT: and hopefully Panarin wakes up. He was acting like someone told him his dog died right before the game started.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Hank didn't play as well. His first goal was pathetic. He was old, slow and let a crap goal go in from a bad angle. I don't believe for a second Shesterkin was unfit to play. This gutless coach and organization threw an old man a bone and played the third best goalie on the roster because they have nothing between their legs. Take your medicine. This is a below .500 team without Shesterkin in goal. Can't be denied. They are 10-2 with him in net. You don't play him making up some load of crap. Pathetic.
why press box him then? he at least should dress as the backup then over georgiev if Hank has a bad start

Reactions: haveandare

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007

This folks is a Lundqvist hater. Waiting for the opportunity to slam him. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->