Post-Game Talk: SCQ #1 - 8/1/20 | RANGERS @ hurricanes

3 Stars, i guess

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If Panarin is more interested in drinking vodka than practicing than this team is in big trouble.
This was all escrow related and over a month ago. He's obviously been practicing since they fixed the issue but could explain his absence from the last two games.

Reactions: CasusBelli

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know if Fast isn't back soon our options aren't great but I'm not rushing to put Kravtsov in. Against a pretty physical aggressive team in Carolina he's gonna get knocked around

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
Hank didn't play as well. His first goal was pathetic. He was old, slow and let a crap goal go in from a bad angle. I don't believe for a second Shesterkin was unfit to play. This gutless coach and organization threw an old man a bone and played the third best goalie on the roster because they have nothing between their legs. Take your medicine. This is a below .500 team without Shesterkin in goal. Can't be denied. They are 10-2 with him in net. You don't play him making up some load of crap. Pathetic.
Now, now Mrs. Shesterkin....your boy will get his chance. Patience.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
He didn’t today but if Igor can go Monday, which they said he should be able to, you have to play him
Igor would have performed no better than Hank, maybe worse. We lost because you count on winning playoff games on 1 or 2 goals. Zib, Breadman, Buchnevich, Kakko, ADA all have to step up. Losing Fast blows for our F depth and special teams.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
No idea if this has anything to do with the play in front of Hank and even the play of Panarin but I have an insider scoop from Panarin. My buddy worked with Varlamov all throughout COVID and one weekend Panarin was with them to skate. This was right when his escrow post came out. And my buddy said 1) Panarin didn't care about practicing during that issue and was enjoying his vodka. 2) he said Hank is pretty much an outcast on the team. Once Zucc was traded he's been a loner and keeping to himself and some guys aren't the biggest fan of him.
Wonder if guys really do play better for Igor and Georgie than Hank. And hopefully Panarin shows up the rest of the series.
that's interesting but why is Hank an outcast? because he's old and declining? because he hasn't demanded a trade off for the sake of the team? it's not his fault management gave him that contract and he's fulfilling it and the rest of the team isn't happy with him now that they're rebuilding and he's no longer a vezina quality goalie while some stuff netminders are on the way up

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I'm getting really excited for the lottery draw though. After last year, I've been looking for something to chase that feeling of getting the 2nd OV pick. Combing the streets for a smooth mid aged bald man to turn over a square card with the Rangers logo on it.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
If this is true, I’m done with hockey forever.

Well not really, but I’m going to be very sad for the rest of Panarin’s contract
Escrow related, he's obviously been practicing for the last month but the prior to that it sounds like he wasn't.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
glass half full, even if we go out in this series, this is a fantastic experience for our young guys that we very easily could have never seen if they just went with a normal playoffs...we can only hope that it pays off down the road.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Ah. Next game they'll do something on the PP and that should make a difference. Hank played well. Kakko looked like a new man.
Gauthier continues to show promise. Mika salvaged his game in the third, so ok overall. Kreider, Fox, Deangelo, Panarin, all complete garbage.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Maybe Kaako is a summer time player, he looked like the World Championship Kaako we all lusted over.

Not gonna win many games going 0 -7 on the power play while also giving up 7 power plays. Carolina won the battle in the trenches. Anyone blaming Hank for this loss clearly hasnt watched a Ranger playoff game in 10 years because it was like bad deja vu. Hank keeps the team in the game until they find their feet then we lose to a shot off our own dman's skate. Staal prolly has 20 of those in the playoffs alone.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
glass half full, even if we go out in this series, this is a fantastic experience for our young guys that we very easily could have never seen if they just went with a normal playoffs...we can only hope that it pays off down the road.
Agreed, we get some much needed experience and a kick in the butt for next season plus a shot at 1OA

Reactions: CasusBelli

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Escrow related, he's obviously been practicing for the last month but the prior to that it sounds like he wasn't.
Still, it’s a very bad sign. He may not be motivated or disciplined enough for the remainder of his contract, or the last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad