2019 Stanley Cup Final Schedule - BRUINS vs St. Louis

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Kind of a spooky lookalike with Jordan Binnington and Norwegian actor Trond Fausa Aurvåg

PlayerHeadshot
TROND_kam_1954453a.jpg

CSSheuIM.jpeg
upload_2019-5-22_13-41-54.jpeg

Reactions: northeastern

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bruins have everything they need to be successful and win it all. They know what king of game they need to play.
They've been there with Toronto/Columbus.
St Louis aren't as fast/offensively dangerous as Toronto.
Not as physical as Columbus.
Bennington isn't as good as Bob, let alone Rask.
We.got.this 5, 6 max.
Won't be surprised if its 4.

Agree on all you said.
Not sure what wave St. Louis is riding but I love the passion of the fans, the team and good on Berube.

I predicted a 5 game series vs the Canes, we did it in 4. They were as I predicted...the weakest of the 3 we already faced.

If our PP clicks along and the League does not side with the Blues totally....it's over in 5.

Reactions: Spooner st

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
I'm very impressed with the Bruins this whole year and even more so in the playoffs. From coach Cassidy (really big favorite of mine, a true bruin) to Tuukka and the defense group to the top line (expected), but also Krejci's play and his line plus the bottom six. Dependable and consistent team effort. The Bruins have real good depth and high end players and no panic. Best group of leaders in hockey. The Bruins will win this. They won't miss this chance. Tuukka is a world class goalie and Binnington isn't. The Bruins are trending up also I think and I wasn't very impressed by San Jose. Not to take anything away from the Blues, they couldn't do more than beat the Sharks ok. But of course it's a hockey game and we all know what can happen but I find it hard to believe the Bruins would lose a best of seven series at this stage in this playoffs. In fact they are the most impressive team so far. They can handle this. I will be very disappointed and surprised if they can't.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm very impressed with the Bruins this whole year and even more so in the playoffs. From coach Cassidy (really big favorite of mine, a true bruin) to Tuukka and the defense group to the top line (expected), but also Krejci's play and his line plus the bottom six. Dependable and consistent team effort. The Bruins have real good depth and high end players and no panic. Best group of leaders in hockey. The Bruins will win this. They won't miss this chance. Tuukka is a world class goalie and Binnington isn't. The Bruins are trending up also I think and I wasn't very impressed by San Jose. Not to take anything away from the Blues, they couldn't do more than beat the Sharks ok. But of course it's a hockey game and we all know what can happen but I find it hard to believe the Bruins would lose a best of seven series at this stage in this playoffs. In fact they are the most impressive team so far. They can handle this. I will be very disappointed and surprised if they can't.

Tobis !
Good to 'see' you my old friend.

Reactions: PepeBostones

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Just wanted to pop-in as a Blues fan who now lives in Somerville to say best of luck (to a degree.) I expect it’ll be a good series and, if nothing else, we’ve seemingly pissed off the rest of the hockey world with this matchup, so we have solidarity in that. Anyway, if you ever find yourself in Casey’s on Broadway in East Somerville and see a guy bellied up to the bar with a Blues hat odds are it’s me, so come by and say hey...unless the Blues lose.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Onto serious questions - apart from 2 games that Bruins played and some casual peeking into the WCF I have very little idea about the Blues. Can someone give me a rundown on how the corresponding lines and defense pairings compare to each other?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I really do think this series will be the most difficult one the Bruins will face - Toronto was all firepower, a decent goalie at times, but absolutely atrocious on defense. Columbus was a heavy team with a great goaltender, but the Bruins were just better all round, if you ask me. As for the Canes, not to take anything away from them, but I think they achieved more this season and caught lightning in a bottle (Is that the expression? Or is it thunder..?). Boston swept them for a reason, and it's not just because Boston is really good; I think Carolina just surpassed expectations this year.

Blues had to play through Dallas, Winnipeg, and San Jose....that is by no means a neat scheduling feat. These guys are for real. I know it was kind of popular weeks ago to say that, if Boston could beat Toronto, then there wasn't any team that they couldn't beat, but I think if there is a team that can do what Boston does just as well as they do, it's the Blues. Even if Boston appears to have more talent on paper, I'd say this series is as 50-50 as it can get.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad