Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
ummmmmm , not sure what to say ...
upload_2019-5-22_18-21-44.jpeg

berglund58

May 22, 2019
Blues fan coming in peace.

Read the posts asking a bit about the Blues. The Blues PP numbers are low primarily from the series with Dallas. Dallas had an overly aggressive PK, both when the Blues were breaking out of the zone and up top when in the offensive zone. Blues are a bit slow moving the puck and struggled.

The other thing both the Jets and Stars did 5 v 5 that worked was use a passive forecheck that applied pressure inside the blue line. Blues struggled to go through the neutral zone with speed. The Blues are at their best when they can get the puck deep and pound the dmen. The Blues play an ugly style.

Blues team defense has been very good, but the pairing of Parayko and Bouwmeester has been lights out in the playoffs. Vince Dunn being hurt has led to a 3rd pairing of Gunnarsson and Bortuzzo, which has been used sparingly each game.

Binnington came in on fire and has been just a bit above average lately (although he looked good the last 3 games vs the Sharks). Rask > Binnington

I'm hoping for the best, but as a Blues fan I'm conditioned to expect the worse.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Blues fan coming in peace.

Read the posts asking a bit about the Blues. The Blues PP numbers are low primarily from the series with Dallas. Dallas had an overly aggressive PK, both when the Blues were breaking out of the zone and up top when in the offensive zone. Blues are a bit slow moving the puck and struggled.

The other thing both the Jets and Stars did 5 v 5 that worked was use a passive forecheck that applied pressure inside the blue line. Blues struggled to go through the neutral zone with speed. The Blues are at their best when they can get the puck deep and pound the dmen. The Blues play an ugly style.

Blues team defense has been very good, but the pairing of Parayko and Bouwmeester has been lights out in the playoffs. Vince Dunn being hurt has led to a 3rd pairing of Gunnarsson and Bortuzzo, which has been used sparingly each game.

Binnington came in on fire and has been just a bit above average lately (although he looked good the last 3 games vs the Sharks). Rask > Binnington

I'm hoping for the best, but as a Blues fan I'm conditioned to expect the worse.
One thing I noticed about the Blues PP was they don't seem to like to play their guys on their off wing. Cuts down big on the one timer threat.

berglund58

May 22, 2019
One thing I noticed about the Blues PP was they don't seem to like to play their guys on their off wing. Cuts down big on the one timer threat.

That is a huge part of the reason that the overly aggressive PK the Stars used was so effective. Tarasenko is insistent upon staying on that left side and it always takes an extra beat for the puck to cross his body and then his body is closed off from making a play to the middle of the ice. If he gets the puck with time there though, he's deadly. Probably has 4 or 5 of his goals in the playoffs from the top of that circle.

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Season Series

Bruins: 1-0-1
Bruins goals per game: 3.0
Blues goals per game: 1.5
Bruins PP%: 33.3%
Blues PP%: 0.0%

David Krejci: 0-3-3; +1
Sean Kuraly: 1-0-1; +2
David Backes: 1-0-1; +1
Brad Marchand: 1-0-1; even
Patrice Bergeron: 0-1-1; even

Torey Krug: 1-1-2; +3; 19:54
Charlie McAvoy: 0-1-1; +3; 21:52
Zdeno Chara: 0-1-1; +2; 21:05
Brandon Carlo: 0-0-0; +1; 23:21

Alex Steen: 1-0-1; +1
Ryan O'Reilly: 1-0-1; -1
Oskar Sundqvist: 0-1-1; +1
David Perron: 0-1-1; even

Carl Gunnarsson: 1-0-1; even; 13:18
Joel Edmundson: 0-0-0; +2; 16.26
Robert Bortuzzo: 0-0-0; +1; 12:32
Jay Bouwmeester: 0-0-0; even; 22:29

Tuukka Rask: 1-0-1; 1.44 GAA; .949 Sv%

Jordan Binnington: 1-0-0; 0.92 GAA; .969 Sv%
Jake Allen: 0-1-0; 4.17 GAA; .846 Sv

Instl

Dec 21, 2011
St. Louis
ummmmmm , not sure what to say ...
View attachment 230227

Unfortunately, that represents about 10% (maybe more) of the female Blues fans.

For those older ones like me, no longer is it the smartly dressed men and women going to a hockey game. I used to love hanging out in the mezzanine, smoking my cigarette, and looking at all the good looking women in line to use the restroom.

Those days are long gone and the average hockey fan seems to have put on 40 lbs.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Unfortunately, that represents about 10% (maybe more) of the female Blues fans.

For those older ones like me, no longer is it the smartly dressed men and women going to a hockey game. I used to love hanging out in the mezzanine, smoking my cigarette, and looking at all the good looking women in line to use the restroom.

Those days are long gone and the average hockey fan seems to have put on 40 lbs.

That sounds creepy.....I hope you have a body builders physique and have quit smoking.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
if the bruins happen to lose this series, how big of a disappointment do you view the season as?

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
if the bruins happen to lose this series, how big of a disappointment do you view the season as?

Very, in the sense that this is best chance that this core will have to win another Stanley Cup. It may also be the last chance for this group. On the other hand, I will be happy for St. Louis: the players, the organization, the city and its fans. They deserve to enjoy a Stanley Cup victory—just not this year ;)

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->