2019 Stanley Cup Final Schedule - BRUINS vs St. Louis

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Well you all have fun without me.
Flying out to San Diego at dawn for a week. Gonna spend some time with son # 1 and take in the sites. Be back on the 31st.

Adios
Make sure to go to bed early and keep the time difference in mind ;)

Have fun :)

Reactions: Alicat

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Was reading Blues thread about the Bruins. Funny stuff.
Apparently Pietrangelo send Backes a text saying well talk in 2 weeks . Backes didn't reply. Pietrangelo said I guess it started already.

Our 3rd line D pairing is slow.
Rask can't handle the puck. They had a quote from December having Cassidy saying Rask didn't practice it.

Boy are they in for a surprise.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
St-Louis has been very good since their last place in league on January 1st.

But to me, they are a lesser Clb team.

Worst G.
Worst D.
Least physical.
Slower.
Worst top end players.

Bruins will need to play good to win. But if they do, they will.

Better team from the net out.

Don’t tell those Blues fans binnington is anything less than playoff MVP.

Crazy what having to deal with Jake Allen for years does to your perspective on NHL goaltending.

Reactions: Strafer

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Don’t tell those Blues fans binnington is anything less than playoff MVP.

Crazy what having to deal with Jake Allen for years does to your perspective on NHL goaltending.

Bruins found a way to score on Bob when he was the favorite to win playoffs MVP after he swept TB and took a 2-1 lead against the Bruins.

They will do the same to Binnington. And more.

Only reason Blues went this far is because they didn’t play the Bruins earlier.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Was reading Blues thread about the Bruins. Funny stuff.
Apparently Pietrangelo send Backes a text saying well talk in 2 weeks . Backes didn't reply. Pietrangelo said I guess it started already.

Our 3rd line D pairing is slow.
Rask can't handle the puck. They had a quote from December having Cassidy saying Rask didn't practice it.

Boy are they in for a surprise.
Sounds like they’ve been listening to Felger and Mazz

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
What are the Bruins doing for the player of the game in these playoffs? Nothing will beat the jacket but I always like hearing the stories behind what teams choose to do.

Reactions: jangerhofer

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Career head-to-head stats:

David Krejci: 1.00 points per game
Patrice Bergeron: 0.81
Brad Marchand: 0.75
David Pastrnak: 0.67
Charlie Coyle: 0.66
David Backes: 0.60

Torey Krug: 0.91
Charlie McAvoy: 0.50
Zdeno Chara: 0.42

Tuukka Rask: 6-2-4; .500 Win%; 2.12 GAA; .924 Sv%
Jaroslav Halak: 0-2-1; .000 Win%; 4.56 GAA; .860 Sv%

Jaden Schwartz: 1.09 points per game
Pat Maroon: 0.82
Ryan O'Reilly: 0.67
David Perron: 0.63
Vladimir Tarasenko: 0.60

Colton Parayko: 0.50
Carl Gunnarsson: 0.46
Jay Bouwmeester: 0.37

Jordan Binnington: 1-0-0; 1.000 Win%; 0.92 GAA; .969 Sv%
Jake Allen: 4-3-0; .571 Win%; 2.13 GAA; .933 Sv%

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That is a huge part of the reason that the overly aggressive PK the Stars used was so effective. Tarasenko is insistent upon staying on that left side and it always takes an extra beat for the puck to cross his body and then his body is closed off from making a play to the middle of the ice. If he gets the puck with time there though, he's deadly. Probably has 4 or 5 of his goals in the playoffs from the top of that circle.

Unfortunately, that represents about 10% (maybe more) of the female Blues fans.

For those older ones like me, no longer is it the smartly dressed men and women going to a hockey game. I used to love hanging out in the mezzanine, smoking my cigarette, and looking at all the good looking women in line to use the restroom.

Those days are long gone and the average hockey fan seems to have put on 40 lbs.

Welcome to you guys! Wishing you and the Blue's good luck (next year). I've always found most mid-westerners to be very nice people. I've also always like the Blue's uni's and especially the logo!

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bruins found a way to score on Bob when he was the favorite to win playoffs MVP after he swept TB and took a 2-1 lead against the Bruins.

They will do the same to Binnington. And more.

Only reason Blues went this far is because they didn’t play the Bruins earlier.
I find it laughable that many are saying the Blues are more “ battle tested “ . Beating a healthy San Jose would of been one thing but that was an injury riddled team . Dallas ? I don’t think the Jets were the same team that they were a year ago . Beating the Leafs ( was there a faster team in the playoffs than the Leafs? ) and a physical Columbus team has more than prepared the Bruins for the finals .

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-05-24-00-37-04~2.png

TD Garden unveils tasty new concession stand items for Stanley Cup Final

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I find it laughable that many are saying the Blues are more “ battle tested “ . Beating a healthy San Jose would of been one thing but that was an injury riddled team . Dallas ? I don’t think the Jets were the same team that they were a year ago . Beating the Leafs ( was there a faster team in the playoffs than the Leafs? ) and a physical Columbus team has more than prepared the Bruins for the finals .

Are you honestly saying that we had a harder playoff run than St Louis?

C’mon man. Take the homer goggles off. Things couldn’t have possibly fallen into place any easier in the Eastern Conference, than if we wrote the script ourselves.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Are you honestly saying that we had a harder playoff run than St Louis?

C’mon man. Take the homer goggles off. Things couldn’t have possibly fallen into place any easier in the Eastern Conference, than if we wrote the script ourselves.
I will take the homer goggles off after the Bruins win the Cup . Until then , they will stay on .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad